Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The farce about West Coast being able to support him better is utter crap, why not be honest and say it for success. Hope Geelong say either you go to Freo as they have better options for us to get for you, or we let you walk to the draft.

How would you even know mate?

Do you know the conversations that have occurred?

There are a lot of young kids at the Eagles. Chances are the club has in place a swag of support structures for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club have doctors on call to provide home visits for the kids and partners etc.

Post retirement position already agreed.

Schools for the kids agreed.

Family. Friends. Flags.

That is the new Eagles mantra and culture developed under Simpson.

What's Fremantles?

Two late firsts won't do it

Supporters are edgy they want blood atm

The club are trying everything to appease them

They won't do anything unless it's a massive win

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Supporters can jump up and down, but the reality the deal will get down.

Cats have no hand and Fremantle won't come over the top and steal Kelly.

Kelly will go for unders, and life isn't fair.

How would you even know mate?

Do you know the conversations that have occurred?

There are a lot of young kids at the Eagles. Chances are the club has in place a swag of support structures for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club have doctors on call to provide home visits for the kids and partners etc.

Post retirement position already agreed.

Schools for the kids agreed.

Family. Friends. Flags.

That is the new Eagles mantra and culture developed under Simpson.

What's Fremantles?
Seriously, the welfare department is very good.

Kelly choose West Coast because of the Eagles ladder position and that Freo promised to draft him and didn't.

The welfare factor is a red herring.

a) I was re-quoting your patronising use of 'you should know this'. Nice attempted flex though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
b) Last time I checked, no media does trades. Any problem you have, and you clearly have one with the vic media is in your own head I would suggest.
c) I didn't bring Papley up at all, was responding to WCE supporters who felt the need to bring him up. It usually doesn't hurt to follow the thread you are attempting to contribute in.

As far as this goes; "That is yet another example of double standards and the hypocracy displayed by many supporters of Vic teams shown in this thread."
My opinion remains unchanged and consistent so I have no idea what you're talking about. You are taking the opinions of some and lumping everyone who lives in Victoria to suit your strange and obsessive narrative about Victorians.

There is 'one rule for all players', the AFL doesn't legislate differently. You seem so confused as to who does trades, what the laws of the game are and the actual role the media plays. Not sure I'm going to be too keen to continue this conversation and you seem to love to brush over points that I have actually made and continue to bang on with your narrative regardless...

Nice dodge.

Are you in politics by any chance.

The media do not apply one rule for all. That is as plain as day. Again I ask name one player being criticised as much as Kelly for nominating a Vic club?

Just one will do.

Papely is using the media to get to Carlton on compassionate grounds. But you think that's fine. But Kelly's situation is not.

That my Blue Blooded friend is hypocracy on your behalf. Own it.

Once when Carlton was great supporters were proud of their arrogance. Wore it openly nd 'stuff the rest'.

Last edited:
Seriously, the welfare department is very good.

Kelly choose West Coast because of the Eagles ladder position and that Freo promised to draft him and didn't.

The welfare factor is a red herring.

And you know this how exactly?

Your guessing and making assumptions.

I recall Varcoe when not accepting the Eagles offer to move stated the club offered him what no other club could but his home was Melbourne.

That was a time of rebuilding.

Not all club's are the same and some are smarter than others.

I recall Varcoe when not accepting the Eagles offer to move stated the club offered him what no other club could but his home was Melbourne.

Former players has come out and said that Fremantle's welfare has been first class.

I have no doubt that West Coast is pretty good as well.

Geelong did a great job supporting the Kelly's.

The welfare angle is bull.

I'm pretty sure a trade will get done between Westcoast and Geelong. I'd love to see a poll on what people think the final trade will be though because it seems to me that there is a massive difference in opinion.

My guess is a 3rd party will be involved. Something like:

Geelong
Gain 5 + 14 + 22 + Steven
Lose 16 + 34 + 52 + future 3rd + Kelly
(1,783 points plus Steven)

WCE:
Gain: Kelly + 34 + future 3rd
Lose: 14, 22, Future 1st
(Equivalent of pick 9 + 20 or 2,379 points)

St Kilda:
Gain: 16 + Future 1st (WCE) + 52
Lose: 5 + Steven
(Gains equivalent of pick 32)

*Assumes the value of WCE future 1st is pick 14
** Assumes the value of Gee future 3rd is pick 52
*** Assumes Steven is worth pick 40 and St Kilda deserves a point premium for giving up pick 5
**** Assumes Kelly is worth 2,379 points

It'll all be different once we know where compo picks and academy bidding falls but I think that's the ballpark of the trade. I've heard a 3rd for Steven but if it's more than Geelong will have to give up a bit more to St Kilda.

St kilda are trading their R1 for Hill so that wont work. But i agree a 3 way trade is needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which then turns into WCE returning the favour at some stage. Your short term joy at something pointless turns into pain down the track.

And surely the opposite is true when trying to lowball a club for a 2 year draftee? If that’s indeed what the eagles are doing, considering we actually don’t know how and if the negotiations are going.

Cats need to cease from their grandstanding, virtue-signalling & wailing on this one....It's doing them & their club no favours at all.

Hawks secured Tom Mitchell for pick 14 & Tim Kelly aint no Tom Mitchell.
Tim Kelly is a much better player than when Mitchell was traded. He only got 12 brownlow votes in 2016 and his high possession low impact game style generally doesn't attract a high draft pick (he has improved that aspect since moving across).

So no guesses and assumptions on your behalf?

Ahhh, the joys of Big Footy.

The farce about West Coast being able to support him better is utter crap, why not be honest and say it for success. Hope Geelong say either you go to Freo as they have better options for us to get for you, or we let you walk to the draft.
Why does Geelong get special treatment? They will trade him to his club of choice

If we get any picks in the range of 5-9, then Geelong will absolutely be obligated to give something back in return (Pick 36 IMO). I still think Carlton's 9 for Papley ls the most likely possibility (for 24 and Future 1st: 14-18). It would mean that Sydney can get future picks for their academy kids (Points value of 1469 for 1770), they won't have Pick 9 to trade, and then they can just give up Pick 5 and your Pick 24 for Daniher. 9 and 14 to us, with Kelly and 36. In trade terms 14, 24 and Future 1st (2,927 points if you win the flag), for Kelly (values Kelly at 2427 points) and 36 (502 points). This is in line with last year's offer of 20, 22 and Future 2nd - 34 this year (2299 points). This would mean there's only a points difference of 128. Cats are getting what they want, you guys are getting what you want, and Sydney are getting what they want. Win win for everyone.

Actually, upon further inspection and thought, I've realized I can turn this into a 'monster trade', haha

West Coast:

IN: Tim Kelly, Geelong Pick 36
OUT: 14, 24 & Future 1st

'Cherry on top' part of deal - Only losing 14 and a Future 1st that is highly compromised by academy picks, while only dropping 12 places with a Pick swap of 24 > 36.

Obviously a lot of work went in to this. The thing that immediately strikes me is I can't see West Coast forking out that much.
That would be the "3 picks inside 30" that Wells spoke about as a starting point last month. I can't see any trade negotiation essentially ending up at one team's starting point.

Obviously a lot of work went in to this. The thing that immediately strikes me is I can't see West Coast forking out that much.
That would be the "3 picks inside 30" that Wells spoke about as a starting point last month. I can't see any trade negotiation essentially ending up at one team's starting point.

You are getting 36 back though? It's not like it's just three straight picks. Also, the academy picks compromise the draft next year, so the Future 1st isn't even that valuable.

You're essentially giving up what could be Pick 20+, Pick 14 and a pick swap of 24 > 36 this year. Pretty comparable to last year.

You are getting 36 back though? It's not like it's just three straight picks. Also, the academy picks compromise the draft next year, so the Future 1st isn't even that valuable.

You're essentially giving up what could be Pick 20+, Pick 14 and a pick swap of 24 > 36 this year. Pretty comparable to last year.

Yeah, that is true. It certainly is fairer than many other hypothetical trade scenarios I have seen on here.

Former players has come out and said that Fremantle's welfare has been first class.

I have no doubt that West Coast is pretty good as well.

Geelong did a great job supporting the Kelly's.

The welfare angle is bull.

Again you know this how exactly?

Caitlin was not impressed with the support received that is on public record.

You are talking in generalities to suit an agenda.

I'm relying on what players and their partners have stated.

Yes success at the Eagles historically is proven and a factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back