Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This would burn bridges. Freo will stay out imo. Unless they want us playing silly buggars with Liam Henry.
Please tell me how you play silly buggers with Liam Henry? Unless you bid on him before our first pick (6 or 7) we full expect a bid after 7 and have the points to get him as a NGA product 🤯
If you bid on him that early, we let you take him as you’d be reaching hard.
Freo can do whatever they like list management wise AFAIC but I don't agree they should only look years into the future. Hogan is only a year older than Kelly, Lobb two years from memory. Fyfe, Walters, Hill (for now) are in their prime. No guarantee anyone currently on the list younger week be as good. Anyway I doubt they'll focus as much on Kelly as people want them to.
Hogan is a year younger than Kelly and Lobb a year older.

That's what I meant. Kelly 94, Hogan 95, Lobb 93. Not sure what the **** I was smoking before.

Point stands Freo aren't all babies. Recruiting Kelly wouldn't be a poor decision based on list profile. Only if the price was too high and/or he really didn't want to be there.

I’ve seen so many “inside word/word on the street” suggestions, and none of them are the same. Everyone must be on different streets.

We seem to be getting Kelly pretty cheap in this one, anything that doesn’t involve both our first rounders going out the door will be a huge result.
If you add the points for pick 14 and two second rounders around picks 33 to 35 then subtrack the points from two third rounders you are left with a number roughly equivalent to the points for pick 6 round one.So the equivalent of pick 6 for Kelly which is a bit better than Fremantles likely offer of pick 7 only.Remenber he has nominated the Eagles and is not contracted to Geelong and its nothing to do with Fremantle unless he goes to the draft and they pick him with pick 7.So two first rounders is overs.

Word on the street is that this deal will get done early or before many others as a lot of other trades may be reliant on it.
Remains to be seen if nothing much at all happens this trading period till the eleventh hour .
At this stage it looks like pick fourteen and Eagles second round picks this year and next year for T.Kelly and a third rounder coming back plus something else.
Geelong then likely to pick up B.Crouch from Adelaide from what they get from the Kelly trade then whatever else they are organising.
Cant see Geelong entertaining any offer from us until Hill is traded to the saints, and until Langdon/Blakely trades are done, just to see what hand Freo holds.

This trade, if it happens at all, will happen on the last day. It'll be a long two weeks for all involved.

Personally, factoring in how trades typically work when a player nominates a club, and how clubs like to keep bridges intact, I cant see Freo being part of this at all, even if Geelong kick and scream on the last day not liking our hand. However, we're a decent club to trade with, we dont bend clubs over, the cats will get a good hand. Perhaps not what they like, but close enough.

Because they were the ones that took a chance on him after so many including the Eagles failed to do.
This BS again :rolleyes:

He wasn't good enough. In fact, WCE spent time developing him to be good enough to be drafted after being passed over so many times and were set to take him in '17 until Geelong swooped in. Then their moronic fans bleat about how they were the only ones to give him a chance and spent 2 years 'developing' him when WCE had spent a number of seasons getting him up to AFL standard. Geelong did nothing but reap the benefits.

Still boggles me why we at least didn't rookie list him though but apparently he was considering giving the game away earlier in his career, so I guess it was the dedication that potentially made WCE hesitant back then.

So your saying
Cant see Geelong entertaining any offer from us until Hill is traded to the saints, and until Langdon/Blakely trades are done, just to see what hand Freo holds.

This trade, if it happens at all, will happen on the last day. It'll be a long two weeks for all involved.
That's more of a risk for Geelong though as Kelly is uncontracted.

The opposite for a Contracted player because if the deal can't be completed the player is retained. Which could be the case with Hill as an example

So how about the players nominating the bulldogs then? hypocritical flog.
Well real tough calling somebody a flog over the computer screen, He said his only reason for leaving Geelong was he wanted to be back in his home state, now comes out with a idiotic reason and untruthful one as to why he selected the Eagles, instead of saying i want to be in an more successful team.

Well real tough calling somebody a flog over the computer screen, He said his only reason for leaving Geelong was he wanted to be back in his home state, now comes out with a idiotic reason and untruthful one as to why he selected the Eagles, instead of saying i want to be in an more successful team.
Maybe he just hates Freo and unlike Nathan Wilson, he’s too professional to say it in public? Who ****ing cares what his reason is anyway? He chose to stay in Geelong an extra year than go to Fremantle which indicates there is a clear issue for him playing there. Never once has he said he wants to be traded back to his home state, he’s said only the Eagles.

What about the ‘idiotic’ reasons players are nominating Bulldogs?

So who cares?

Does the reason he chose the Eagles matter?

Fact is he has and the Eagles need to throw up a deal that works.

Maybe he just hates Freo and unlike Nathan Wilson, he’s too professional to say it in public? Who ******* cares what his reason is anyway? He chose to stay in Geelong an extra year than go to Fremantle which indicates there is a clear issue for him playing there. Never once has he said he wants to be traded back to his home state, he’s said only the Eagles.

What about the ‘idiotic’ reasons players are nominating Bulldogs?
You are not to informed are you? he has been quoted a few times he wants to be home close to family with his kids.

As i said mentioned, if i was Geelong id force him into the draft if he didn't want to go to the other side in W.A

Yes because no compensation at all really helps Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe WCE may get bent over on this one, Geelong hold all the cards. Kelly has chosen WCE as his prefered club, Geelong stated Freo is an option if they can't get a deal done. Freo will do the deal if it's there, Kelly has no other option if he wants to return to WA. Forget about the Draft or PSD, Not an option WCE still can't get Kelly. I hope Kelly gets to WCE. IMHO Freo have been trading in to many recycled players, time is now to go to the draft. But if Kelly is available I have no doubt Freo will take him.

Because they were the ones that took a chance on him after so many including the Eagles failed to do.
that means nothing - I'm sure there have been other examples of this. The draft is luck of the draw - whoever has the higher pick gets in first and it was unfortunate for us that Geelong had 2 picks before us & got in first. It's a well known fact that the Eagles were going to pick up Kelly that year with their third pick even though Geelong supporters won't have a bar of this as it doesn't suit their agenda.

Please tell me how you play silly buggers with Liam Henry? Unless you bid on him before our first pick (6 or 7) we full expect a bid after 7 and have the points to get him as a NGA product 🤯
If you bid on him that early, we let you take him as you’d be reaching hard.

You do realise that if Freo end up trying to get Kelly (in the event Kelly nominates Freo if a deal can't get done with WCE) that Freo would be using these early draft picks to get Kelly - or are you saying that Freo would let him go to the draft and you pick him up that way for nothing, as Geelong won't get anything for him either. if this is what you are thinking. If you use your early picks to enable you to get Kelly then yes we would have a chance to bid for Henry as other Clubs will be able to do also.

Yes because no compensation at all really helps Geelong.
The thing is Kelly is out of contract and Geelong (well the supporters anyway) are behaving as though he is still in contract. The norm is when a player is out of contract and nominates a particular Club there are very few exceptions where the deal doesn't get done, like we did with Judd all those years ago. No Club likes to lose a good player like GC didn't want to lose O'Meara at the time and even though it wasn't easy, a deal eventually got done & he ended up at Hawthorn the Club of his choice. Just fail to understand why this is any different although do realise a fair and reasonable deal needs to get done.

If i was a Cats member id say he goes to the W.A side that offers my club the best outcome. his reason to leave the cats is to go back to his home state, the rest is just bullcrap and he wants a more successful side.
You do realise under the rules as they stand when a player comes out of contract he is entitled to nominate the Club of his choice then it's up to the 2 clubs in question to get a suitable deal done. Obviously in very rare situations this does not happen but more often than not it does. A deal is usually done in good faith. Like when Adelaide traded Dangerfield to Geelong as he stated that was the only Club he wanted to go to. Adelaide could have forced him to go to the draft but instead decided to do the right thing by the player and get him to Geelong even though they got unders for him as to his true worth. Very similar situation as to what's happening now with Kelly.

You do realise that if Freo end up trying to get Kelly (in the event Kelly nominates Freo if a deal can't get done with WCE) that Freo would be using these early draft picks to get Kelly - or are you saying that Freo would let him go to the draft and you pick him up that way for nothing, as Geelong won't get anything for him either. if this is what you are thinking. If you use your early picks to enable you to get Kelly then yes we would have a chance to bid for Henry as other Clubs will be able to do also.
I still don’t get what you’re saying? Even if pick 6 and 20 are used in a trade for Kelly, unless a bid comes in before 7, we’re using picks 26+ to match a Henry bid. We can also go into a points deficit and make up for it using next years picks. It actually works in our favour.

Last edited by a moderator:
As i said mentioned, if i was Geelong id force him into the draft if he didn't want to go to the other side in W.A
What an utterly stupid comment.

So any player requesting to go to the city of Adelaide should be forced to go to whoever offer their club the most between the crows and power? Any player wanting live in Sydney should just go to whoever offers the most between the Swans and giants?

How about gold coast and Brisbane? I mean they're 100km away but **** it, it's all about what the club can get, not the player. **** the players choice, he goes where we say he does and that's final! Being out of contract mean nothing!

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Word on the street is that this deal will get done early or before many others as a lot of other trades may be reliant on it.
Remains to be seen if nothing much at all happens this trading period till the eleventh hour .
At this stage it looks like pick fourteen and Eagles second round picks this year and next year for T.Kelly and a third rounder coming back plus something else.
Geelong then likely to pick up B.Crouch from Adelaide from what they get from the Kelly trade then whatever else they are organising.

I reckon, aside from us getting pick 14, none of this will end up being true.

Let’s cut to the trace, Kelly hates being in a Dale Alcock Home.

How hard was it for him to say that ?!!!.

Seriously, if he wants to go to Eagles, so be it. Eagles will pay for him to come, it is just the price to be decided. Freo have pitched their deal, if Kelly prefers another deal, so be it.

The thing is Kelly is out of contract and Geelong (well the supporters anyway) are behaving as though he is still in contract. The norm is when a player is out of contract and nominates a particular Club there are very few exceptions where the deal doesn't get done, like we did with Judd all those years ago. No Club likes to lose a good player like GC didn't want to lose O'Meara at the time and even though it wasn't easy, a deal eventually got done & he ended up at Hawthorn the Club of his choice. Just fail to understand why this is any different although do realise a fair and reasonable deal needs to get done.
The classic thing here is They already forced him to stay last year when he wanted to go home

I would say he goes draft if Geelong can't do a deal he will feel he can never escape the place

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You are not to informed are you? he has been quoted a few times he wants to be home close to family with his kids.

Alex Keith has nominated the bulldogs, shouldn’t he of just said I want to go to Victoria. Adelaide should send him to the draft for nominating a team or just do the best deal they can with one of the 10 clubs. You would be happy with that I assume?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back