no. 4

All Australian
Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd, Melb. Victory
Is Tim Walsh still at the Bulldogs? I noticed he didn't play VFL seniors or reserves, isn't on the injured list on the Bulldogs website and there isn't anything on his profile on the website.

Is Tim Walsh still at the Bulldogs? I noticed he didn't play VFL seniors or reserves, isn't on the injured list on the Bulldogs website and there isn't anything on his profile on the website.

Tim has a hamstring problem at the moment. The tendon used to repair his knee was taken from the hamstring which is causing him problems.

Spotted him at the Sorrento Hotel on Saturday afternoon but suprisingly not with a beer in his hand.

Actually knew one of his mates who said he was a ripper bloke determined to be a AFL player.

Better than the arrogant SOB I ran into at the races a few years ago.

He's from my area and I've heard good things about him as a bloke. He really deserves some luck. It must be so frustrating not to have a chance to show what you can offer but if he gets a decent run at it this year I hope he'll show enough to shore up his position. Doubt he'll secure a regular senior berth this year but he has some talent (yes, I have seen him play) and I'm sure he could offer us something if he stays fit.

The criticism often labelled at BF Bulldog posters is that they can be fickle and negative in going over the top on players.

I've started my Sam Power thread in trying to show that Sam will not be the scape goat and is in fact a very handy player to have.

This thread should be the same. While Tim has only played the one game, he was a high pick, and with finishing his VCE and a knee injury is two years behind where he could.

Tim could be anything, and i for one, will have it on record that i think Tim has in fact got the potential to make, but has to overcome coming from so far back. Rocket and the club have some faith by giving him another year. I hope he can get fit and strat to dominate some VFL games and push for selection come years end. I think he can, and i hope others get behind him to succeed rather than throw around harsh labels.

Timmy!

The criticism often labelled at BF Bulldog posters is that they can be fickle and negative in going over the top on players.

I've started my Sam Power thread in trying to show that Sam will not be the scape goat and is in fact a very handy player to have.

This thread should be the same. While Tim has only played the one game, he was a high pick, and with finishing his VCE and a knee injury is two years behind where he could.

Tim could be anything, and i for one, will have it on record that i think Tim has in fact got the potential to make, but has to overcome coming from so far back. Rocket and the club have some faith by giving him another year. I hope he can get fit and strat to dominate some VFL games and push for selection come years end. I think he can, and i hope others get behind him to succeed rather than throw around harsh labels.

Timmy!

Well said bt, :thumbsu:.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Tim on a number of occassions & he's a terrific young bloke, one that I really hope ultimately succeeds with us.

Timmy!

I agree, the poor guy's hardly had a chance to prove himself, and with his injury (which is entirely not his fault) it's set him back yet again.

I hope he takes as long as he needs to get right, because at the moment we're doing OK without him, but as soon as he's 100% right I'll be thrilled for him to get back out there.

Cam Wight (ok I've worked him into another thread) is in his 5th year on the list and is only just establishing himself in the team.

Given talls take longer to develop anyway, I can't see how it could hurt giving Tim a bit more time - especially considering he has the right attitude.

So far Walsh has had a broken leg, a discolated shoulder, a broken thumb, two hamstrings and an ACL.

I just hope he manages some footy, somewhere, anywhere...

I can't recall the exact circumstances regarding his broken leg, but I have a vague notion (well, more than a vague notion) he had to go to the dentist the day before & missed a training session (or part thereof).

When training the following day had concluded the then coach (you work it out, it was Tim's first year) kept him on the track for reasons only known to himself, when Tim broke his leg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam Wight (ok I've worked him into another thread) is in his 5th year on the list and is only just establishing himself in the team.

Given talls take longer to develop anyway, I can't see how it could hurt giving Tim a bit more time - especially considering he has the right attitude.
I never thought of it like that. If we can get him right he should over take the likes of Tiller and West.

I might be going to the Friday training session so ill see whats going on with him.

Timmy!

Yep i agree:thumbsu: Come on Tim, prove us wrong.

Just reading the list of injuries that he's had that Scooter posted, it's amazing the guy is even still playing football. If that was my precious body, I'd have given the game up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back