Media TJ's Thinktank: Does anybody know CPR? We have a dying fantasy footy league over here

Remove this Banner Ad

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies
Oh hi gang,

I don't mean to sound alarmist here but the league is dying. How do I know this? I am spending more time like doing stuff outside of BigFooty. So let's stop pointing fingers at each other and come together as a community to discuss ideas on how we can make this place okay again.

Oh hi TJ

The league isn't dying.

The league is in a slump.

Honestly, it feels like it was in early S24, before it went incredibly toxic. It was very very dull and boring early before that all happened. Btw I'm not saying the toxic stuff is brewing again, it's not..but the slump is similar.

I even made a thread about it:

You know what happened? It sprung back to normal again next season.

League will be fine, these things happen.

• Banned
Oh hi TJ

The league isn't dying.

Honestly, it feels like it was in early S24, before it went incredibly toxic. It was very very dull and boring early before that all happened. Btw I'm not saying the toxic stuff is brewing again, it's not..but the slump is similar.

Taking the "positive/logical" approach hey. Nah, not my style.

Oh hi TJ

The league isn't dying.

Hmm

S24: New admin in the beginning first season after a successful 3 season stint by predecessor
S28: New admin in the beginning first season after a successful 3 season stint by predecessor

S24: League goes into a lull in match thread activity + media for the first half of the season
S28: League goes into a lull in match thread activity + media for the first half of the season

S24: Bombers spamming terrible posting content and being disliked by the rest of the league
S28: Bombers spamming terrible posting content and being disliked by the rest of the league

S24: Bombers captain consistently finds himself at the centre of controversy in the media
S28: Bombers captain consistently finds himself at the centre of controversy in the media

S24: Furies player makes a thread suggesting the league is dead mid-season
S28: Furies player makes a thread suggesting the league is dead mid-season

S24: New Star Wars Movie (The Last Jedi) set to come out in December
S28: New Star Wars Movie (The Rise Of The Skywalker) set to come out in December

S24: Disrepute hearings, shitfights in awards ceremonies, movie spoilers, Bombers captain banned from the league, admin exits
S28: ???

For as long as Ive been here, people have been whinging that the leagues too spammy lol
I think I joined in S18 (possibly earlier) and the sentiment is the same too. However given that this is the think tank I think any idea is worthy and I don’t think spam would realistically be an issue that could kill the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfffttt...all you new-comers don't know anything. Why I remember when the Kaiser stole season Tickety Tick and we had to chase him all the way to Berlin to get it back. You had to wear an onion in your belt to ward off the Werewolf game back in those days

Well I hope some good ideas are thought up, as I officially announce the end of 'The Edge"

It may have seemed a circle Jerk, but it least it created some rivalries. Oh well to bad.

Agree this place needs some new ideas.

Well I hope some good ideas are thought up, as I officially announce the end of 'The Edge"

It may have seemed a circle Jerk, but it least it created some rivalries. Oh well to bad.

Agree this place needs some new ideas.
Next season: The Slightly Left of Centre

Hmm

S24: New admin in the beginning first season after a successful 3 season stint by predecessor
S28: New admin in the beginning first season after a successful 3 season stint by predecessor

S24: League goes into a lull in match thread activity + media for the first half of the season
S28: League goes into a lull in match thread activity + media for the first half of the season

S24: Bombers spamming terrible posting content and being disliked by the rest of the league
S28: Bombers spamming terrible posting content and being disliked by the rest of the league

S24: Bombers captain consistently finds himself at the centre of controversy in the media
S28: Bombers captain consistently finds himself at the centre of controversy in the media

S28: New Star Wars Movie (The Rise Of The Skywalker) set to come out in December

S24: Disrepute hearings, s**tfights in awards ceremonies, movie spoilers, Bombers captain banned from the league, admin exits

Rian Johnson is to blame.

That round headed bastard has a lot to answer for.

Hmm

S24: Disrepute hearings, s**tfights in awards ceremonies, movie spoilers, Bombers captain banned from the league, admin exits
Hmmm. When you put it like that I'm looking forward to it Clod.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media TJ's Thinktank: Does anybody know CPR? We have a dying fantasy footy league over here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back