Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd prefer to take any picks to draft.
Barrass is under contract so would cost overs at the trade table. Bevo's shown before that a defence based on system can get the job done (just ask premiership full back Fletcher Roberts).
Would you not like to even try for another premiership while you still have Bont?

Getting in more kids won't bring up another premiership window

Who are your KPDs in 2 years time? A few kids. You won't win a premiership with 21 and 22 year old KPDs, by the time Buss and JOD are entering their mid 20s Bont will be retiring

Would you not like to even try for another premiership while you still have Bont?

Getting in more kids won't bring up another premiership window

Who are your KPDs in 2 years time? A few kids. You won't win a premiership with 21 and 22 year old KPDs, by the time Buss and JOD are entering their mid 20s Bont will be retiring

Tom Barrass would be a good addition but the idea that he’s our only path to competing for a flag is genuinely laughable.

Tom Barrass would be a good addition but the idea that he’s our only path to competing for a flag is genuinely laughable.
Surely he's the quickest, especially if you lost English+Smith and had a pick suitable for Barrass.

Bont isn't that young any more, can't wait forever for the kids to get up to speed

Surely he's the quickest, especially if you lost English+Smith and had a pick suitable for Barrass.

Bont isn't that young any more, can't wait forever for the kids to get up to speed

A good wingman or two would be the quickest. I’d still like Barras, but our defence is currently the third stingiest and I don’t think he’s make or break for our prospects. If we trade Lobb he makes plenty of sense though.

Would be a massive get, first round pick would definitely be on the table.

Mitch would have a relationship with Barrass aswell which hopefully works in our favour.

Would be a massive get, first round pick would definitely be on the table.

Mitch would have a relationship with Barrass aswell which hopefully works in our favour.

And Hick.

Do the eagles like Denver?

If I was an Eagles supporter as good a player as Barrass is this is the perfect draft to stockpile early picks.

Trade Barrass for a top 10 pick & trade down from pick 3 to a team like Gold Coast who has multiple first round picks they currently have picks 7 & 10 + Kangas end of first round compo.

Walk into the draft with Picks 7 and 10 from GC and pick 8 from Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was an Eagles supporter as good a player as Barrass is this is the perfect draft to stockpile early picks.

Trade Barrass for a top 10 pick & trade down from pick 3 to a team like Gold Coast who has multiple first round picks they currently have picks 7 & 10 + Kangas end of first round compo.

Walk into the draft with Picks 7 and 10 from GC and pick 8 from Hawthorn.
Why would we replace 1 player with 1 player for. It doesnt make any logical sense. If a best 22 player is to go we 100% need multiples of something . Id want 3 assets for Barass before its worth our while

Barrass’ manager is doing some great work. Will get his extra two years whether it’s with the Eagles or elsewhere.

Why would we replace 1 player with 1 player for. It doesnt make any logical sense. If a best 22 player is to go we 100% need multiples of something . Id want 3 assets for Barass before its worth our while

The package you came up with above is not much better then having the stand alone pick 8.

Pick 23 and 19 almost cancel out given the academy and compo picks will likely be picks 25 & 30 not much of a difference.

So pick 18 (pick 21-22 after academy and compo picks) and a future first likely around pick 15 or pick 8?

Sheldrick we can throw in DGB 🤣

The package you came up with above is not much better then having the stand alone pick 8.

Pick 23 and 19 almost cancel out given the academy and compo picks will likely be picks 25 & 30 not much of a difference.

So pick 18 (pick 21-22 after academy and compo picks) and a future first likely around pick 15 or pick 8?

Sheldrick we can throw in DGB 🤣
This years better for picks 10-30 so would suggest it matters a bit less then normal. Player we want at 12 could easily be there at 19 for example

Barrass’ manager is doing some great work. Will get his extra two years whether it’s with the Eagles or elsewhere.
Anyone trying to get a contract extension on a 3 year deal is doing so because they dont trust their body to hold up til 2027 if you ask me. Its more crazy for another team to give him 5 years then any other

Id still go to Sydney Swans and give them the nudge . I could see Sydney basically giving up a crapload and us giving up cap space to make that happen

Pick 18,19, F1st and Sheldrick for Barass + pick 23 for example works

Feel Sydney will have the most to offer us out of any club
Thats not enough for us, id rather take pick 8 or whatever the Hawks have.
Barrass alone for the 3 first rounders + Sheldrick is closer, but id tell the Swans to try to trade up 2 of their first rounders for a pick from 10-14.
So 10-14 + F1 + Sheldrick for Barrass

Anyone trying to get a contract extension on a 3 year deal is doing so because they dont trust their body to hold up til 2027 if you ask me. Its more crazy for another team to give him 5 years then any other
He wants more money over the 3 years too. Hes vastly underpaid for what he produces

If I am west coast, I am not being bluffed by his manager into renegotiating his contract. Not yet, anyway.

I would keep an open mind to trading him, but only for a huge return.
Yep, They have no reason to renegotiate this year and shouldn’t. It would be bad management. Have to see how it plays out. With the thin FA pool for this year, the offers are only gong to keep on coming h.

Thats not enough for us, id rather take pick 8 or whatever the Hawks have.
Barrass alone for the 3 first rounders + Sheldrick is closer, but id tell the Swans to try to trade up 2 of their first rounders for a pick from 10-14.
So 10-14 + F1 + Sheldrick for Barrass
GC would be the most logical trade up but see where they finish the year. Sydney’s F1 would have Freo interested too unless they get Bolton and Baker on the hook.

Don’t think the Hawks single pick gets it done (especially if they play finals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back