Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast would bite off Hawthorn or Footscrays hand if they offered their first rounder to get him.

Pick 8 or 10 is overs in this draft but Eagles would ask for that in the first instance.
I've heard Richmond supporters asking for a pick around that mark for a midget half back flanker, so picks in this draft can't be that valuable.

I’ve never thought Baker was worth pick 8-10.

Don’t think a bloke who turns 29 at the end of this season is either.
If a quarter of the afl teams are offering deals while he has 3 years left knowing what they will have to pay in trade to get him out, he might just be…. He might just be

Thats not enough for us, id rather take pick 8 or whatever the Hawks have.
Barrass alone for the 3 first rounders + Sheldrick is closer, but id tell the Swans to try to trade up 2 of their first rounders for a pick from 10-14.
So 10-14 + F1 + Sheldrick for Barrass
Whos getting traded here? A 29 year old (next year) Tom Barrass or a 23 year old Chris Judd?

Whos getting traded here? A 29 year old (next year) Tom Barrass or a 23 year old Chris Judd?
The Judd trade was restricted by the limitations of the time.

If it happened today, far more would've been paid.

Also, WCE hold the whip hand with Barrass. Whilst the trade proposition may very well be overs, whoever wants to trade for Barrass will need to satisfy WCE for them to agree to give him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Judd trade was restricted by the limitations of the time.

If it happened today, far more would've been paid.

Also, WCE hold the whip hand with Barrass. Whilst the trade proposition may very well be overs, whoever wants to trade for Barrass will need to satisfy WCE for them to agree to give him up.
Rebuild has started. He won't be there for your next finals campaign, let alone next flag and you got tassie coming in, in the next couple of years. IMO the new coach would want to get as much draft capital in as possible, but your not getting more than a pick in the teens for Barrass.

Rebuild has started. He won't be there for your next finals campaign, let alone next flag and you got tassie coming in, in the next couple of years. IMO the new coach would want to get as much draft capital in as possible, but your not getting more than a pick in the teens for Barrass.
It'll be a pick/picks worth between 8-12.

Any more than that would be a welcome surprise.

Pick 10 - 14 a future 1st and kid that went in the 1st round (hasn't set the world on fire admitetly). for a 29 year old, Yikes
Whats wrong with that? Would the a team in contention for a premiership pay that for Bont? What about Cripps?
Theyre both the same age as Barrass.

A team in contention will always throw caution to the wind and try to make sure they accomplish their only job, which is to win premierships.

Swans future first is likely pick 15-18, lets call it 16.
10-14, lets say its 12
Sheldrick is a guy who cant get a game and is unlikely to get a game next year either with the Swans being pretty stacked in the middle, and theyre in a premiership window so development isnt top of their list of priorities. Worth a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder at most now. Lets call it pick 35ish in value

Picks 16 + 12 + 35 for one of the top few KPDs in the comp who might just get them a premiership(or another premiership if they win this year)

Thats not even overs lmao, considering hes contracted

What would you expect in a trade for James Sicily?

Would a pick in the teens do it? Would you be content with that trade?

Whats wrong with that? Would the a team in contention for a premiership pay that for Bont? What about Cripps?
Theyre both the same age as Barrass.

A team in contention will always throw caution to the wind and try to make sure they accomplish their only job, which is to win premierships.

Swans future first is likely pick 15-18, lets call it 16.
10-14, lets say its 12
Sheldrick is a guy who cant get a game and is unlikely to get a game next year either with the Swans being pretty stacked in the middle, and theyre in a premiership window so development isnt top of their list of priorities. Worth a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder at most now. Lets call it pick 35ish in value

Picks 16 + 12 + 35 for one of the top few KPDs in the comp who might just get them a premiership(or another premiership if they win this year)

Thats not even overs lmao, considering hes contracted
Bont is one of the best players of all time, Barrass is a good player.... They are completely different levels.

A bit rich.

Hasn't even been the best player in a season before.
I mean he hasn't gotten a Brownlow but he does have 2x MVP's and an AFL coaches player of the year award, i would argue he certainly has been before. He is also a premiership winner, 5x and about to be 6x AA.

If you want to argue that he is only one of the best of his generation fine... I am not here to try and turn this thread in to a discussion on the Bont. But they are worlds apart as players and that is not an anyway a slight on Barrass.

I mean he hasn't gotten a Brownlow but he does have 2x MVP's and an AFL coaches player of the year award, i would argue he certainly has been before. He is also a premiership winner, 5x and about to be 6x AA.

If you want to argue that he is only one of the best of his generation fine... I am not here to try and turn this thread in to a discussion on the Bont. But they are worlds apart as players and that is not an anyway a slight on Barrass.
Oh I'm not comparing Barrass to Bont, he's certainly a wonderful player.

Bont is one of the best players of all time, Barrass is a good player.... They are completely different levels.
Thats... not relevant to anything that was said

Im clearly just using Bont as an example to the guy saying he wouldnt pay up for a 29 year old who could secure a premiership for a club thats right in contention

If he leaves i hope it is to the Dogs. 29 year old KPP with back issues is not worth the currency it would take to get him out. Not a risk i would want the Hawks taking.
Reckon it’s a Risk for both clubs hopefully he stays at West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back