Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Murmurs are Hawks want Eagles to contribute a fair bit to Barass salary which is why we are pushing real hard for the 2 1st rounders

No idea why Hawks would care about that if they had money for Perryman but missed out but seems they do care ? Maybe they got interest in LDU and Cam Rayner next free agency period or something so are preparing for that

Murmurs are Hawks want Eagles to contribute a fair bit to Barass salary which is why we are pushing real hard for the 2 1st rounders

No idea why Hawks would care about that if they had money for Perryman but missed out but seems they do care ? Maybe they got interest in LDU and Cam Rayner next free agency period or something so are preparing for that

They have a bunch of players who are about to go onto big money in the next few years.
Basically all of their young stars, they need salary cap space to keep them all onboard.

That doesn't make sense to me. Not only should they not yet need cap room but trading out a future 1st basically immediately rules you out of any decent names next year unless you lose a good player - see Pies and Port. I don't see any reason behind asking for a big cap contribution if it means losing a future 1st.

That doesn't make sense to me. Not only should they not yet need cap room but trading out a future 1st basically immediately rules you out of any decent names next year unless you lose a good player - see Pies and Port. I don't see any reason behind asking for a big cap contribution if it means losing a future 1st.
Makes zero sense at all. I truly think they have a monster offer for Cam Rayner that they know Brisbame cant match and are working towards that

Harley Reid cap space

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027, reportedly headed to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back