2011 End of Season Review
by VitalDread

DSC00430_1%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

Photo by [name]Old_Dog[/name]

Games - 0
Goals - 0
Best and Fairest - N/A

Date of Birth - 07-04-1991
Recruited- 2010 NAB AFL Draft 5th round selection (Western Bulldogs) No. 89 overall.
Height/Weight: 199cm 90kg
Dreamteam Price: -$92,500
Supercoach: - $103,600

Tom Hill was out of the Williamstown Senior side due to injuries but was still able to rack up a few solid games in which he kicked 8 goals against Frankston reserve side.

Being pre-listed by GWS but then suffering a knee injury, Bulldogs decided to take a punt with T.Hill and drafted him, if he can kept his injuries in check and builds more he will become a strong forward that can take a solid contested mark and knows where the goals are.

In 2012, Hill fate rests on him and looking after himself and keep getting appearances in Williamstowns VFL side to ensure that he is getting recognize for his efforts and hopefully will gain a few games under his belt.

Notable Games:
Round 22 v Frankston 8 goals, overall impressive performance needs to build on that.

What do people think is a reasonable expectation of Hill next year?
If he plays the majority of the season at VFL Seniors level and stays fit. He missed a huge chunk of his season thanks to his injury but still showed a lot to work with at VFL Reserves level.

Also VD, you might want to change something in his bio. Tom Hill didn't play any senior games for Williamstown this year.

Ok so i don't get to see many willy games but if there is anyone who could update me how how Tom is tracking i would greatly appreciate it

Ok so i don't get to see many willy games but if there is anyone who could update me how how Tom is tracking i would greatly appreciate it
late reply, but Tom has been playing quite well, Willy have been playing him back/forward/ruck.
Has good pace for a big player from what i have seen on tv.
Will be interesting to see where his prime position is, i reckon it will be that tall contested forward.

He's a much better player with Campbell playing since that means that Hill doesn't have to take up the brunt of the ruckwork. He's a pretty natural full forward and can play in defense or as a ruck but he's much more useful up forward.

sounds like it. bit pointless to be honest he is to injury riddled
look at Tommy Williams, though he is injury prone, he was important in our runs for the finals i.m.o.

Hill/Panos/Jones/Grant/Cordy/Roughead/Roberts need to hit the weights hard this pre-season and hopefully put on some size, whenever I've watched Hill play though, he has been very impressive so I just think it must be injuries and lack of fitness for AFL that he can't get a game just yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill/Panos/Jones/Grant/Cordy/Roughead/Roberts need to hit the weights hard this pre-season and hopefully put on some size, whenever I've watched Hill play though, he has been very impressive so I just think it must be injuries and lack of fitness for AFL that he can't get a game just yet
Also they are still thinking where they should play him full time as a ruck or forward

Tom's name is on the Herald Sun department of trades site as Delisted - but still on the team list on the club website.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/department-of-trades

Select Team
Western Bulldogs
Ryan Hargrave
RETIRED​
Lindsay Gilbee
RETIRED​
Andrew Hooper
DELISTED​
Brodie Moles
DELISTED​
James Mulligan
DELISTED​
Nathan Djerrkura
RETIRED​
Tom Hill
DELISTED​

Look granted he could play and is still improving, but the options in this draft would overtake him in there first year

I think delisting him is a dumb move. Showed a fair bit of talent for Willi. Would like to have seen hip get an extra year.

Hard to see how a 199cm 21 year old (who had a pretty decent season for Willy tbh) has had long enough to show something.
He had a good year in Willy 2nds, and showed a little bit in the firsts but Fletcher Roberts showed more at a younger age IMO.
I see more in Roberts than I do in Panos TBH.

FWIW Dawes had 10 AFL senior games as a 21 year old by comparison, Liam Jones has 37 and is a couple of months shy of 22 years old.

He had a good year in Willy 2nds, and showed a little bit in the firsts but Fletcher Roberts showed more at a younger age IMO.
I see more in Roberts than I do in Panos TBH.

FWIW Dawes had 10 AFL senior games as a 21 year old by comparison, Liam Jones has 37 and is a couple of months shy of 22 years old.
Don't get me wrong I'm not against delisting him and I agree about Roberts, but I do think Hill is a better prospect than Panos and would have preferred him get the boot than Hill but I'm not pissed off about it or anything, but I just think it was a bit unfair to say he has had plenty of time to show something when he is 199cm and only 21 years old who was played out of position this year (exact same scenario people are saying about Dawes IMO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back