List Mgmt. Tom Lonergan recommits to Geelong after chase by the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lonergan's trade value is more or less the same as Minson's. Same quality of output. Similarly both hard to find (albeit different positions). Similar age. What say you Bulldogs supporters (not suggesting a straight swap either)?

Nobody but it gives the club a chance to blood some youngsters and gives them an opportunity to work towards the future.
Should have been doing that for the past two years in the spots where Rivers, Bartel and Kelly were plonked.

To all those who think Lonergan should take the deal (and get traded):

Who is going to play on the no.1 forward in 2015?

a zero gamer or an undersized Rivers? or is Taylor going to be taken out of his attacking CHB role to play a negating role?

Shocking idea to trade him when we have ZERO viable options.
Walker? Lonergan started forward remember.

I think Lonergan's trade value is more or less the same as Minson's. Same quality of output. Similarly both hard to find (albeit different positions). Similar age. What say you Bulldogs supporters (not suggesting a straight swap either)?

Agree with a lot that your saying. My offer for geelong was pick 26 and 45 for Lonergan and Walker. You guys probably don't want picks though. Maybe you could use those picks for Clark. FWIW I don't mind trading Minson for the right deal, but I'd love another year from him but if he wanted out to make it easier then he could certainly be included in a lonergan trade deal.

Whats his value, guys? Both clubs will be very easy when dealing with eah other considering we're 50% Geelong people in admin anyway.

I'd do a straight swap for Minson. Dogs might want to upgrade their 3rd rounder to your 2nd or something too.

Let him go - he has been great for the club, but I really dont think he has much left in him and he'll never be offered a deal like this again. It just means the likes of Brown have to step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker? Lonergan started forward remember.

Definition of clutching at straws.

Walker has shown no ability to play down back. Makes poor decisions, is slow and has poor kicking skills. Also likes to drop easy marks. Would have a heart attack every time the ball goes in our back 50 with him there.

The answer is that we have no options to replace Lonergan. It is the reason why we need to draft Goddard in this year's draft.

Agree with a lot that your saying. My offer for geelong was pick 26 and 45 for Lonergan and Walker. You guys probably don't want picks though. Maybe you could use those picks for Clark. FWIW I don't mind trading Minson for the right deal, but I'd love another year from him but if he wanted out to make it easier then he could certainly be included in a lonergan trade deal.

Would be more inclined to trade both Walker & Lonergan if it was picks 26 & 27, instead of 26 & 45

I kind of don't mind this forced drafting.

For example;

Out; Schroder, Stringer, Burbury, Christensen, Varcoe, Lonergan
In; Clark, Blicavs.

Possible draft picks

8, 14, 26, 32

Next year will be similar but with worse picks due to retirements, not trades etc.

For example;

In; Clark, Blicavs.

Possible draft picks

8, 14, 26, 32

Next year will be similar but with worse picks due to retirements, not trades etc.
I don't like to see it happen this way but it might force the club to concentrate on one strategy rather than having a foot in both the 'present' and 'future' camps and getting confused.

For example;

In; Clark, Blicavs.

Possible draft picks

8, 14, 26, 32

We won't get 8 but I agree with the general thrust. Next year will hurt though.

So, we now bring in Schoenmakers?
not-funny.gif

Let him go - he has been great for the club, but I really dont think he has much left in him and he'll never be offered a deal like this again. It just means the likes of Brown have to step up.

Still only thirty and coming off an excellent season, yet for some unknown reason he doesn't have much left in him?

Purely "on form" see no reason why he couldn't go around for another couple of years minimum, and if we value him [as we bloody well should] we'll move heaven and earth to keep him, as the post above points out, there are no options to replace him and the hole in our defence will be enormous if he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back