Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether he wants to stay or wants a contender to trade for him, more performances like that will help him convince whoever he needs to. Newcombe was a great help for him in covering his defensive game and letting him just ball hunt. His ball use was better too. Less sideways and backwards stuff.

Last night was more like 2017 and 2018 Tom as opposed to recent versions, 16 contested touches and 7 tackles.
He tackled a lot harder than before the bye. Got a lot more involved physically also. Was his shoulder worrying him?

Did the introduction of Newcombe have the impact on Mitch's game? Another bull doing the grunt made a bit of space for Mitch to do his thing

Hey hey, play as a team and he goes alright. Stick to team rules and don't get in each others road.

What a difference it makes when you start playing as a TEAM...... hell it even allows JOM to burst out of packs if someone, anyone, puts pressure on for him, instead them all looking at each other or chasing the same ball.

Get the boxing gloves out every week.

That's the end for Cus though i reckon.

PS: Helps when a ruckman says enough of this shit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is Reeves insinuating that Tom Morris just made it up that Tom would be open to a trade to Richmond? Morris is a knob jockey but journo's or whatever you want to call them these days usually distance themselves with 'editor' or something generic when the accusations are so thorough.

So is Reeves insinuating that Tom Morris just made it up that Tom would be open to a trade to Richmond? Morris is a knob jockey but journo's or whatever you want to call them these days usually distance themselves with 'editor' or something generic when the accusations are so thorough.
With less footy shows and less footy publications the journos have to try and justify their jobs. It’s now all about click bait and hits on websites, they don’t care how accurate the story is. Tom also said Collingwood were chasing Harry McKay last week and we all know how screwed their salary cap is. Hawthorn, Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond are the big news clubs that get the clicks they need to keep their job.

So it was just made up by the media and we're fine with that?

Suspect there is a little truth to it
This is what I was hinting at in my previous post. I think there is definitely some truth to it all but in true Hawthorn fashion we like to control the narrative as much as we can however we’re obviously not as good at doing it as we used to be.

This is what I was hinting at in my previous post. I think there is definitely some truth to it all but in true Hawthorn fashion we like to control the narrative as much as we can however we’re obviously not as good at doing it as we used to be.
It’s when we stay silent on a subject there is fire or say “he is a contracted player”

They won't actively shop him. Reduces his value like Stephenson last year. He won't be officially available and then a team will magically offer a nice 1st and we will have the mutual best interests convo with him. If no one comes with a decent offer they will never have to have that conversation and we will be none the wiser

At the stage, the conversations tend to be with players who've already been told they're not likely to be here next here...older guys, not-up-to-it guys, list cloggers.

But even the best 22 guys know, without any conversation taking place, what the score is come the end of the year. Everyone has their price if someone comes up with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back