Slaja

Rookie
Aug 18, 2009
Williamstown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Guys that won't make part of a Premiership side

Firrito - too slow, now a liability, 50m penalties WTF
Rawlings - woeful disposal, how he gets so much of the footy is an indictment on the other backline players
Hansen - zombi, please go to GWS
Pratt - too slow, game has passed him by, a liabilty
Cunnington - I can't see how he's gonna make it, just too slow and with no other outstanding strings to his bow
Warren - nothing special, tries hard, short on ability
Thomas - we can't wait for this dud to come good in the forward line. Keep your f'ing feet.

I do like Tarrant and we need to persist with Richardson. His mate Smith from North Ballarat has passed him which sucks when we had the chance to pick him Smith up first.

Facebook summation?

Rawlings - woeful disposal, how he gets so much of the footy is an indictment on the other backline players
Cunnington - I can't see how he's gonna make it, just too slow and with no other outstanding strings to his bow
Thomas - we can't wait for this dud to come good in the forward line. Keep your f'ing feet.

I do like Tarrant and we need to persist with Richardson. His mate Smith from North Ballarat has passed him which sucks when we had the chance to pick him Smith up first.

Agree with a few of the older boys.
Hansen though, he has great hands & is getting there.
And Cunnington?! Full pre season next year. String 30 more games together and he'll be a star. He is so commited. Leadership qualities. Strong. Calm under pressure. Will play a BIG part in our next flag.

Not facebook, it's my opinion.

This is the only forum where we can challenge the clubs culture of accepting mediocrity.

Ok, I'll bite:

Firrito - too slow, now a liability, 50m penalties WTF - Struggling, can't pick up a ball below his knees. Will be on the list next year. Leadership is important.
Rawlings - woeful disposal, how he gets so much of the footy is an indictment on the other backline players - Gets the ball because he is smart, and also is a great lock down player. How good was Rioli yesterday? That's right, shithouse. Still, too old to be part of the next flag.
Hansen - zombi, please go to GWS - No clue. Zombies are dead, Hansen has a pulse, although at times it doesn't look like it. Top shelf CHB, will be an important cog in our next flag.
Pratt - too slow, game has passed him by, a liabilty - Hence he is playing VFL.
Cunnington - I can't see how he's gonna make it, just too slow and with no other outstanding strings to his bow - Great hands in close, will be a contested machine and with JZ will dominate clearances for the next decade. Needs fitness big time. As quick as Ziebell is not quicker and is a smart footballer. How many other 19 year olds are too good for VFL?
Warren - nothing special, tries hard, short on ability - Handy back-up, that's it.
Thomas - we can't wait for this dud to come good in the forward line. Keep your f'ing feet. - Here we go. Issue is kicking. Gets more opportunities that Betts/Garlett, duds don't do that.

We didn't have a chance to pick Smith over Richardson. We had a chance to pick Smith over Atley. Richardson was preselected by GC, to whom we traded our second round pick. Smith was not preselected by GC, therefor we could only have used our first round pick on him.

Facebook summation?
It aint just Facebook. There is a genuine dislike for Lachie Hansen and Lindsey Thomas as footballers in the outer. Why is it so? There must be some merit to it? Surely people don't go bonkers in the outer for no good reason. :stern look

It aint just Facebook. There is a genuine dislike for Lachie Hansen and Lindsey Thomas as footballers in the outer. Why is it so? There must be some merit to it? Surely people don't go bonkers in the outer for no good reason. :stern look

Those same people shouting 'Man Up!' when we're playing a zone/press?

I see people go bonkers in the outer every week for no good reason, and for very good reason too.

Re Hansen, if he ran around with the perceived intent/facial expressions of Michael Hurley I am positive that he would be universally loved by supporters. That to me says it all. Too much focus on what it looks like than what it is.

Agree about Firrito and Rawlings, also pratt, and we are talking about playing in OUR next Grand Final.
But cannot agree about Cunnington, Hansen or Thomas, Cunnington is coming from a long way back, and if he gets a good preseasen in him will be great in the back pocket or mid in and under, Hansen is like Ian Fairley ( played in the 1996 GF ) not flash but did a job.
and Thomas has a lot more to offer then just kick goals ( but it is nice then he is kicking them) Tarrant is still learning to be a backman!!
We have a lot of up in this team, more then I have seen for ten years, they will learn to play together and will get the C-FACTER what win GFs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see people go bonkers in the outer every week for no good reason, and for very good reason too.

Re Hansen, if he ran around with the perceived intent/facial expressions of Michael Hurley I am positive that he would be universally loved by supporters. That to me says it all. Too much focus on what it looks like than what it is.
Hansen aint Carey. Hansen is simply a young guy who shows potential but hasn't quite delivered. The Zebra asked me a few years back where I thought Hansen would end up with his career. I said Jason McCartney like. Much maligned who eventually will hold down Centre Half Back and become a solid player without being anything outstanding. I don't see anything that has changed in his game to alter my initial opinion of where the guy's career is headed. :stern look

Not facebook, it's my opinion.

This is the only forum where we can challenge the clubs culture of accepting mediocrity.

Fortunately the avenue also exists on this forum to challenge mediocre posting. And to that end, anything beginning with the phrase "won't be part of our next premiership" is certain to include mediocre posting. Every premiership team includes battlers. You remember a bloke named Leigh Brown who used to run around for North Melbourne? He's now a premiership player.

Hansen aint Carey. Hansen is simply a young guy who shows potential but hasn't quite delivered. The Zebra asked me a few years back where I thought Hansen would end up with his career. I said Jason McCartney like. Much maligned who eventually will hold down Centre Half Back and become a solid player without being anything outstanding. I don't see anything that has changed in his game to alter my initial opinion of where the guy's career is headed. :stern look

Perhaps thats the problem, people expect him to be the next Carey. Well he aint that, that's for sure. My perception is that talent wise he has much more to offer than McCartney. The question is will he get there. To me there have been some very good signs that he will, specifically since he has been pushed back. I think he can become a top shelf CHB if given the chance to show it, better than McCarthy by a long shot, but because of various factors he ain't got there yet.

I know for a fact that his back and shoulders are heavily strapped pre game and as a consequence early in games he struggles with movement, and his style does nothing to help the laconic perception. Regardless, he has the tools and I just wish most of his knockers would look past the style and look for the substance. I think he'll come good eventually (actually I think he has been very good at CHB this year) but I don't expect some 'supporters' to give him credit when he does.

Fortunately the avenue also exists on this forum to challenge mediocre posting. And to that end, anything beginning with the phrase "won't be part of our next premiership" is certain to include mediocre posting. Every premiership team includes battlers. You remember a bloke named Leigh Brown who used to run around for North Melbourne? He's now a premiership player.

So genius are you saying we should have kept Leigh Brown?

Perhaps thats the problem, people expect him to be the next Carey. Well he aint that, that's for sure. My perception is that talent wise he has much more to offer than McCartney. The question is will he get there. To me there have been some very good signs that he will, specifically since he has been pushed back. I think he can become a top shelf CHB if given the chance to show it, better than McCarthy by a long shot, but because of various factors he ain't got there yet.

I know for a fact that his back and shoulders are heavily strapped pre game and as a consequence early in games he struggles with movement, and his style does nothing to help the laconic perception. Regardless, he has the tools and I just wish most of his knockers would look past the style and look for the substance. I think he'll come good eventually (actually I think he has been very good at CHB this year) but I don't expect some 'supporters' to give him credit when he does.

I have a question for those Hansen haters. When has lachie ever been beaten at Centre Half Back. The answer is once that i can think of (Reiwvoldt last year in round 2).

He is a CHB, nothing more and nothing less. He will be one of the best going around in 5 years.

Our problem is that we yearn and pine for the next Carey and have tried to turn him into a Center Half Forward. Plus we also seem to have many options for KP defenders and Lachie is the best option out of them to play forward.

We need to get over the fact that he is not a CHF and just let him establish himself as a premier CHB of the competition.

Hansen will make it - its just a matter of when he hits that point in his career where he doesn't take everything for granted and starts working like a dog. The problem with this guy is that he has his head up his own ass, watching himself on the scoreboard constantly. He will get better but its going to take monumental coaching for him to fulfill his potental. He should take heart that petrie developed into a really good player late.

:thumbsu: i would add scott mch to that list GWS wouldnt go near hansen they are not that silly they are after players.

:thumbsu: i would add scott mch to that list GWS wouldnt go near hansen they are not that silly they are after players.
Does this come in English?

The reason we have had so many working class men on our list is simply due to the Dean Laidley reign. His fetish for mid-paced, mid-sized, mid-skilled footballers is only now starting to be erased. We missed the boat drafting any exciting youngsters under Dean because he preferred the likes of Ben Davies, Sam Power, Daniel MacConnell, Cameron Thurley, Kasey Green etc.

The only asset Lachie has is that he can take a contested mark. In every other aspect of the game, he is deficient. He has A LOT of work to do to become a `top-shelf' anything. Not to say it's impossible for him, but I would say unlikely.

So genius are you saying we should have kept Leigh Brown?

If that's all you got out of my post, then it probably doesn't much matter what I say now. Nevertheless, my point is, you can't say any player you dislike will never play in a premiership because no premiership team in the history of the game has been made up of 100% A-graders. Some of the players you list would be handy inclusions as bit parts additions to a top team. Thus your post is kind of pointless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Too many Battlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back