Remove this Banner Ad

Im The Gun

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2004
around
AFL Club
Collingwood
What was up with him on Friday Night?

thought he had been great until he was rested/dropped a few weeks ago but friday night he was just out of sorts, almost played like he was scared of getting hit.

He was the worst on the ground and it was shown from the first half what the hell was he doing I went off my head when he went near the ball.

I find it amazing the bloke gets picked, especially considering I've never seen him in the best for Willi in nearly two years.

If I didn't know any better i would have thought that Toovey had won a contest to play with collingwood against richmond for a game, previously to which he had not play comptetive football in his life his game was really that bad. He messed up everything he went near it was painful to watch unfortunate for the kid so close to the end of the year when the tough decisions need to be made. He has really put himself in the gun

I think he simply had the biggest shocker of his life Friday night. From what I had seen of him previously I thought he was OK.

Quite sad actually as that may spell the end of his footballing career with a real possibility for delisting now

Toovey was a shock inclusion to make a debut earlier in the season, but showed some good signs in his first couple of games. He was then just a passenger while the rest of the team looked quite good, but his defensive work was noticed as a midfielder and at times took risks which worked in our favour. He then really dropped off and FINALLY was given the cut.

A forgotten man, he all of a sudden gets back into the side near finals time. He was awful...not only soft, but his decision making and skills were very very poor. Dropped atleast four marks, with the most important the non-shepherd/hero style mark in the goalsquare, except he dropped it under no pressure.

MUST be dropped...he isn't quick, from what i've seen, despite Tyson Goldsack describing him as a fitness nerd. He isn't gutsy enough to make a claim as a genuine quick midfielder, was worthless in defence and attack...the risk of bringing him in didn't work...drop.

Saying that, he has potential and has shown some good signs before. I can't see him being delisted, if people are thinking its going to happen.

After naming Toovey in the middle for my side against Melbourne;

Toovey. He is in the middle. Why? Because he was dreadful against Richmond. He does not deserve a chance to redeem himself, but this is a sport, its a game, it isn't life or death, we aren't playing to win a Premiership. lets throw him in the deep end again and see if he can redeem himself. I know (if Ive been reading BF this week) there wouldn't be anyone at Collingwood who'd want to get BOG next week then Alan Toovey, lets see what the kids got when he is placed in this situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me what this man's actual position should be or what defining qualities he has?

To my reckoning he has none!

Excuse me, I think in one or two of his games he performed the "third man up" role at stoppages not too badly.

In saying that, will be devastated if he pulls on the black and white again - would take our old No.34 any day of the week!

Can anyone tell me what this man's actual position should be or what defining qualities he has?

To my reckoning he has none!

Excuse me, I think in one or two of his games he performed the "third man up" role at stoppages not too badly.

In saying that, will be devastated if he pulls on the black and white again - would take our old No.34 any day of the week![/quote]
Who? Gangster #2?

Sorry, yes, should have clarified that.

While it would be tremendous to still have Mighty Mick running up and down the wing, I was talking about our most recent No.34, Jason Cloke.

No one on here can seriously say Toovey is a better player than him.

Sorry, yes, should have clarified that.

While it would be tremendous to still have Mighty Mick running up and down the wing, I was talking about our most recent No.34, Jason Cloke.

No one on here can seriously say Toovey is a better player than him.
No but he aint much worse. Remember micks analysis of his 2003 grand final? Classic

No but he aint much worse. Remember micks analysis of his 2003 grand final? Classic

Yes, will never forget the "he played better in last year's grand final" quote.

But had Cloke played in the 2002 grand final, I think he could have made a difference.

Not saying we would have won, because that cheating goal umpire was still in action that day, but I think we may have been a slightly better chance.

I don't think we'll ever be saying anything like that about Toovs :rolleyes:

Poor old Possum
From the few games I saw earlier in the year he looked okay at getting contested possesions, something we have been strugling with but when he runs its looks like he's in a bouncing castle

Why was Clarke rested, i know it is his first year but we are missing him and Pendles in the centre, did they think it would be a walk over?

Clarke back this week?

Sure hope Irish is back this week. Ben Davies a chance at all..he is a very good VFL player who hasn't had a chance at all at AFL level, and he has never played a bad game...infact, he has played a couple good games.

Give the boy a chance before making a decision on him Mick.

Yes, will never forget the "he played better in last year's grand final" quote.

But had Cloke played in the 2002 grand final, I think he could have made a difference.

Not saying we would have won, because that cheating goal umpire was still in action that day, but I think we may have been a slightly better chance.

I don't think we'll ever be saying anything like that about Toovs :rolleyes:
I agree, he did play well until teams worked him out and made him accountable

Why was Clarke rested, i know it is his first year but we are missing him and Pendles in the centre, did they think it would be a walk over?

Clarke back this week?

It's my understanding that the kids get regular check up's phsio med etc and while he wasn't showing signs he had some "tightness" and "tenderness" that must have been consider of some concern which is why he was not in at vfl level either they thought the week of would clear it up and prevent the chane of it getting to serious first year in a contct sport and he likes getting in an under so they where just not taking any risks

Even if we poured development into this bloke I think best case scenario we would end up with Greg Tivendale. He could try for a Robert Copeland style-tagging role but I think he lacks the minerals be a first-class stopper.

I'd be happier to try and get Chris Egan's attitude right and try and make an elite outside midfielder out of him.

No shame in delisting a first/second-year player when you blood eight other better ones in the same year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toovey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back