List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

No they won't. They'll delist their middle rung and only hold onto absolute veterans like Hodge for the long term. The rest would be moved on
appropriately and they'll quickly pick up quality from FA in return.

You're being pessimistic. They may plan for it that way (just as we have) but things happen. I guarantee you Free Agency will have some clubs come knocking for the good Hawks as soon as they are slightly past their 'premiership window'.

yep go on give me every 21 in every draft...100% diamonds right?
No that would ruin the argument though wouldn't it. To an extent drafting is a lottery, I'm confident that every draft position from 1-40 would have had a dud selection.

Fair u r kidding. Are you seeing the draft picks being thrown about for others, not to mention 19 for O'Rouke who has shown nothing and also has been able to on the park for injury. 2 top 10 picks for Griffen who is past his best by a long way, also has no leadership skills as displayed and has injury concerns.
Some on here might overrate our players but you certainly undervalue them. .

Except you miss this obvious and massive difference.
Contracted and non contracted.
Makes a HUGE difference.

Terrible deal if true.i love the club but i cant defend them for accepting that.

Only good news is we now have mountains of cap space for next year (yes danger i am looking at you)

Goodbye and good riddance to christensen for the way he has treated the club over the last week.

No that would ruin the argument though wouldn't it. To an extent drafting is a lottery, I'm confident that every draft position from 1-40 would have had a dud selection.

My point exactly, its a lottery, Id rather have something proven now than gamble on potential in the future.

Anyway, sorry guys that I'm not towing the Geelong party line. Wells is the messiah and he never gets it wrong, Balmey is the shit, he is the number one in the game yada yada....

I will not question the club ever again :rolleyes:...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh.

But who am I to argue with a mod?

:)

Harsh??? If he ever comes back to the club to an event I'm at, I'll let him know how much of a jerk he is.
Will he care, probably not, as it appears he is only in this after himself.

Pick 21! That's a joke. I more pissed than when Ablett left. I'm deleting the part in the 2011 GF where he takes the mark against two players.

Our Club is soft! Too many good years, now happy to get screwed over on every trade.

It has to be a top 10 pick or player.

Terrible deal if true.i love the club but i cant defend them for accepting that.

Only good news is we now have mountains of cap space for next year (yes danger i am looking at you)

Goodbye and good riddance to christensen for the way he has treated the club over the last week.
Your dreaming.

I don't, but from what I have read Balme's made a statement that IF pick 21 was offered we would take it - the implication being that they had not yet had discussions. If they have had discussions then my frustration with Balme would then be that he did not make this clear in his press interview.
I take the opposite implication - that discussions have taken place and that's the basis for him bringing up pick 21. It would be pretty absurd for him to bring it up without having any inkling from Brisbane that this was going to be on the table.

Why?
Cats are absolutely very seriously going to make a very serious play at him next year.
Word of 1.2mil a year avail.

That would be on the low side IMO. With all the retirements most likely at end of next year, plus the trades going this year
and Clark coming to us cheaply, I'd say we have a bit more up our sleeves than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back