List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

We had the team back then. Look at our midfield back then and compare it to today. Enright was the right side of 30...etc.
Dad's army reclaimed the ashes in 06-07, why can't we win.... Dreaming I know:)

Indeed it does.

What's done is done, and there's no point in crying over spilt milk.

We have to accept it, close the door, and turn our collective attention to the future, and how we move forward from here.

We have Pick 21. Who can we snare for that?

dont worry the DQ's talk will quickly change from varcoe and bundy and lube and geelong are putrid at trade time to wells is the magician, future 200 gamers, best youngsters in the league, 2017 is our flag window

this is true. Knowing Geelong they would rather Bundy go for pick 21 than be where he doesn't want to be. Unlike Collingwood dealing with Beams.
I disagree
people need to take responsibility for their actions

if beams wanted to be near his dad so much - why is he spending the off season in melb

beams and judasII are wanting out for money

the rest is spin and crap

The tone in Balmes voice said to me the personal stuff was pretty serious and it was about looking after Bundy. Better to be humans than arseholes.

Who knows in a few years he might want to come home, never say never and no bridges are being burnt

Not according to several on here. Arseholes all the way!

Go Catters

Harsh.

But who am I to argue with a mod?

:)

I thought it was fair. Players leave clubs all the time, we accept it, but it's how you leave that matters and that says a lot about you as a person. The reality is Bundy for months strung the club along when they had a new contract offer for him, at the last minute told them he was leaving and then refused to deal with the club (GC) who met all his supposed compassionate requirements but just so happened wouldn't offer him as much money. As far as I am concerned, that sort of thing says a lot about someone's personal values and ethics as a person, and it's not the sort of character I want around the club. And that's from a supporter who had him as one of my favourites.

While I think commercially we are getting screwed on the deal maybe in the end we are better off for not having him at the club if those are his values.

perspective is we will give up varcoe (approx. pick 30) for a player that does not know if he can handle football, he had issues in Brisbane, and Melbourne
and has severe foot issues that will limit game time

we get pick 21 for a 4 year younger gun mid, whose back could be 100% next year, look at the improvement in hawk

I like your thinking!
Oh wait... You're being sarcastic.

they seem to think picks in the 20's is the end of the world, come draft time they will be talking those draft picks up
and in a years time they will be demanding those picks be in the seniors. you will see

im not sure about anyone else but im actually excited for geelong to be heading into this years draft with lowish picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was fair. Players leave clubs all the time, we accept it, but it's how you leave that matters and that says a lot about you as a person. The reality is Bundy for months strung the club along when they had a new contract offer for him, at the last minute told them he was leaving and then refused to deal with the club (GC) who met all his supposed compassionate requirements but just so happened wouldn't offer him as much money. As far as I am concerned, that sort of thing says a lot about someone's personal values and ethics as a person, and it's not the sort of character I want around the club. And that's from a supporter who had him as one of my favourites.

While I think commercially we are getting screwed on the deal maybe in the end we are better off for not having him at the club if those are his values.

Too early to tell, of course, but we might be better off for more reasons than that one.

You wonder whether the back, the recurrent concussions and the 'life issues' might not end up contriving to end his career rather sooner than he had hoped.

Despite how disappointed I am with his departure I don't wish any misfortune on him. But the possibility of any of these matters catching up with him in the course of this next contract (or the remainder of his career) can't be denied.

Anyway, time to move on. If he goes for #21, I'm now preparing myself to embrace a player who is

- three times as good as Burbury (#63 in 2013), and

- twice as productive as Vards (#42 in '09).

By that 'logic', he'll only be a third of the player Sel is, though.:(;)

Ok, well that is disappointing, to say the least. 21 is obviously robbery but I'll assume it's all they can get as he is out of contracted. What was he on and how much salary cap will be freed up? We need the space for when Patrick wants to move back to Geelong for personal reasons.

they seem to think picks in the 20's is the end of the world, come draft time they will be talking those draft picks up
and in a years time they will be demanding those picks be in the seniors. you will see

im not sure about anyone else but im actually excited for geelong to be heading into this years draft with lowish picks

Likewise for sure, and I'm also happy we aren't losing picks on Clark.
Hopefully Hunt nets us a pick in the 30s and we can look at 5/6 picks in the draft for the first time in a long time.

Ok, well that is disappointing, to say the least. 21 is obviously robbery but I'll assume it's all they can get as he is out of contracted. What was he on and how much salary cap will be freed up? We need the space for when Patrick needs to move back to Geelong for personal reasons.

Geelong had a 4 year deal on the table for him and Brisbane will pay him about 450k apparently, so between he and Varcoe we are freeing up a stack of cap.

Geelong had a 4 year deal on the table for him and Brisbane will pay him about 450k apparently, so between he and Varcoe we are freeing up a stack of cap.

Apparently the thing missing on the table was the gun to put to his head if he didn't sign it. o_O

Go Catters

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that the Beams deal is off any chance we can push for 5 for Bundy? :D
(won't happen I just needed a laugh after such a difficult day)
Push for both 21 and 25?

Put it this way. At least we're not the Doggies.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back