List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, what would you prefer - pick 21 or nothing. He is out of contract, would have walked. It's better than nothing!

we are all cut about losing him, but he wanted out, we were never going to get his value, we got pick 21

lets deal with it like we did with prismall

im waiting for catmanforever or jubjub to say "I am wondering if we a reaching a point in this thread where one would want to say ....He is gone....so just get over it. Life goes on!"

surely its almost time

That's after the fact though with hindsight.

What I'm asking is, did we get value for the player in those trades?

Yeah probably. Obviously had nothing to do with the Ablett trade. Mumford and Prismall were on the fringe.

Doing much better than Carlton anyway; Waite nothing, and I wish we had a look at getting Jeff Garlett considering how cheap he went.

I'll give you 10 weeks into the 2015 season until Clark tweaks something and misses the rest of the year
Bobby how can you say something like that yet continually drop in Menzel and Vardy as players that will make a difference to us next year?

Again, I'm not asking who we got. I'm asking do you think we got value for those picks in the trade?

And for the record, Mummy vs Ducan I think is a debate.

A domiante number 1 ruck (which we haven't had since 2011). If we had him,then we would not be stuff with orren,Hmac, Vardy, Blitz, Walker and Simpson shenanigans.
Bundy - NO (not much more we could do though all things considered)

Mumford - YES (Offering the money he wanted for a 21 game rookie, given the premiership players staying for unders would have been reckless)

Prismall - YES (he was alright but no star, remember we traded him while he was recovering from an ACL, so that reduces value)

Ablett - NO (but out of our control really)

Mumford - YES (Offering the money he wanted for a 21 game rookie, given the premiership players staying for unders would have been reckless)

Prismall - YES (he was alright but no star, remember we traded him while he was recovering from an ACL, so that reduces value)

Ablett - NO (but out of our control really)

Thanks, I'm just wondering what others thought and if they mimic my own on these trades.

allens back reduces his value too

Should probably burn Kelly's contract while we're at it.
What a ridiculously uninformed and immature response.... so not at all surprising from you.

Why would we burn his contract? He can smash himself preseason and if form warrants it he plays... If not he goes back to the VFL like Bluey McGrath and Mensch did in 2002 and helps develop our future stars. He was really good the 1st half of the year and dropped away late. So if he can perform at a good level he plays, if he can't he doesn't... simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes it's worth remembering that this isn't Supercoach, there are real people with real life issues, problems and emotions to deal with. The vitriol toward the club is unwarranted. I'll back them in to have done everything they can to get the best outcome for the club and individual.
The tone in Balmes voice said to me the personal stuff was pretty serious and it was about looking after Bundy. Better to be humans than arseholes.

Who knows in a few years he might want to come home, never say never and no bridges are being burnt

What do you think knocked his value down more, his back or his out of contract status? I know which one I think has more affect.
I would say that if Brisbane held 11 and 21 we wouldn't be getting 21.

You can only give what you have.
Geelong obviously offered Bundy a contract at some stage through the year.
You can't hold a gun to their head.

And even if he was contracted, I can't see how it would have made a difference under the circumstances.

Yep!

I told my daughter last night.

"What? Nooooooo"
"Can I go on the iPad dad?"

Life moves on.

Indeed it does.

What's done is done, and there's no point in crying over spilt milk.

We have to accept it, close the door, and turn our collective attention to the future, and how we move forward from here.

We have Pick 21. Who can we snare for that?

Indeed it does.

What's done is done, and there's no point in crying over spilt milk.

We have to accept it, close the door, and turn our collective attention to the future, and how we move forward from here.

We have Pick 21. Who can we snare for that?

And lets put it this way. We got a pick that was 2 picks later than Hawthorn received for Buddy :D

and even if he was contracted, I can't see how it would have made a difference under the circumstances.

this is true. Knowing Geelong they would rather Bundy go for pick 21 than be where he doesn't want to be. Unlike Collingwood dealing with Beams.

Interesting that for all Collingwood's bluster they still haven't been able to extract a player from Brisbane (yet). Will be interested to see how this one plays out.

Despite personally being disappointed in our compo for Christensen, I am pleased that we are a club that is compassionate. The Magpies appear to be completely dismissive of Beam's personal issues - I would have though the offer of Brisbane's first 2 picks is a equitable offer.

I like the way Collingwood went apeshit over losing Beames. Gave him value.

Brisbane wanted him and have been very generous with their picks. Even though Beames has been injured a lot over the past 2 years. With Bundy, the club acted as though it was a surprise, but not too much trouble. Thats how you act if the player hasn't much value.

The Collingwood-Brisbane trade could fall through. In which case pick 5 is back on the table. Does anyone think - after we seem to have accepted pick 21 - that Brisbane would give us 5 for Bundy?

Of course not!!!!!!

Could not believe us meekly going along with it and mentioning pick 21 is acceptable before the dust has settled on the other deals.

this is true. Knowing Geelong they would rather Bundy go for pick 21 than be where he doesn't want to be. Unlike Collingwood dealing with Beams.
Absolutely. You can very easily build a rep of being pricks.
Or you can build a long term rep of looking after players.

Yep, said to someone else I could see the GFC showing a bit of compassion towards Bundy and sacrificing a couple of spots with their pick to ensure he reached his desired destination.

I would say that if Brisbane held 11 and 21 we wouldn't be getting 21.

You can only give what you have.
Geelong obviously offered Bundy a contract at some stage through the year.
You can't hold a gun to their head.

And even if he was contracted, I can't see how it would have made a difference under the circumstances.
True, but in contract and we're in no need to trade, our hand was forced here by his contract status, hence the unders we're accepting.
his back
being out of contract
wanting out of geelong

all didnt help
True, all didn't help but ultimately it comes down to leverage. Having him in contract gives us the upper hand, as it stands Brisbane knows we have the weak hand if not a bluffing hand. Listening to trade radio both parties have agreed in principle to 21 yes?. Yet Brisbane are only now doing the due diligence on his medical history, so after the fact, after the price has been set. Sort of doesn't support the back problems being the determining factor does it?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade: Allen Christensen traded to Brisbane in exchange for National Draft selection no. 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back