List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to note that the Roos are open to trading their pick 2 and that they tried to acquire the Dogs first rounder during trade period. Were they potentially happy to trade down for two firsts - this year and next years dogs picks? That would certainly make our first rounders suitable.

Since when? Gives the Apex36 all in strategy some pepper.

This article saying we’ve re-signed Moore for 2 x 800k and JDG for 2 x 750k. Do we believe those figures?

Sounds about right. I would hope no more than that though.

You do relise that Adelaide are taking McDonald don't you?, so you would have to get pick 1 and that ain't happening
You keep saying this. I asked you before, where it’s actually been said outside of some randoms on BF, and I never got an answer. Can you tell us where you’ve actually heard this because I’ll be damned if I can find this info, and some pretty prominent draft watchers who have contacts seem to think it’s not such a sure thing...

Can’t see value in trading 2x 2020 1sts plus 2021 1st for pick 2. As others have said... what if McDonald is not there at pick 2?

We are then spending 3x 1st rd picks on a pick 2 to nab a Phillips, Holland, Tilthorpe, etc. Hardly worth it.

IMO better off trading 14 and 16 for Essendons pick 8 with something late (Reef points) coming back our way and a gentleman’s agreement that Dildildo doesn’t bid on Reef.

We get a top 10 player in before Reef. Plus a later pick to pay for him... and then we could bundle together our other later picks to move up the draft board if we choose or trade them for 2021 picks

You keep saying this. I asked you before, where it’s actually been said outside of some randoms on BF, and I never got an answer. Can you tell us where you’ve actually heard this because I’ll be damned if I can find this info, and some pretty prominent draft watchers who have contacts seem to think it’s not such a sure thing...

I'm not telling you, but you will see. Why would Adelaide pass on probably the best forward for many years? Maybe it's because you think that they are worried about losing him after 2 years? what's to say they won't be able to get thilthorpe out of whatever club he goes to after 2 years? you just argue for the sake of arguing. If you claim to be as knowlegable about footy you make out then even you know that i'm right. by the way it has definately been reported, take a valium and look harder

Melbourne have delisted Oscar McDonald.
Do we look at him as cheap depth?
Would cost literally nothing in salary and comes as a delisted free agent....

Melbourne have delisted Oscar McDonald.
Do we look at him as cheap depth?
Would cost literally nothing in salary and comes as a delisted free agent....

surely we seriously consider him

I’ve only heard the words “stronger draft hand”, which I took to mean trading into it with our 2021 first over the next few weeks, rather than reducing our number of early picks to move up.

Both are possible, but you and Sco have taken it an extra step.

I think they want to move 2021 1st and our pick 16 to move into the top 3-5. At least off a few oif the comments in interviews plus some "rumours" leaking around that time that seems like the intimated original plan.

Leaving pick 14 intact.

Could also potentially be looking to move a 2021 2nd for one this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong,

That is exactly the definition of zero, the club will tell you the end game is flags, near enough is NOT good enough. IF we happened to win that flag then you'd be hearing near zero from the base about where we are at now.

Hell even I'd cop that!

Even though that would not be excusable, so having nothing to show for all of that and now here we are only exacerbates the angst from the fan base. Which seems to be growing at an extraordinary rate.

You say everything has to fall into place, I'm not denying that, that is correct but again if you want to p155 off your fan base then continually shoot yourself in the foot like only Collingwood can.

So now, watching that punt rd filth go on a merry flag spree and other contenders bolster their position to attain flags we've literally gone backward and the club has even conceded they're looking to improve internally. That means we're 99% out of contention, empty handed, again!

FMD no wonder some posters on this board lose their sh*t with this 'we almost, that's success' bullshit attitude. It just won't fly anymore!
Let's agree to disagree.
This country has been infected by yank culture that has no true place in Australian sporting culture.
One of Australia's all time great runners, helped a fallen opponent - Clarke then continued on to win the mile race.

Watch this all of you who consider 1st is all their is and that not taking every advantage is for suckers.

THAT is true sportsmanship in the time honoured Austrailan tradition.

I'm not telling you, but you will see. Why would Adelaide pass on probably the best forward for many years? Maybe it's because you think that they are worried about losing him after 2 years? what's to say they won't be able to get thilthorpe out of whatever club he goes to after 2 years? you just argue for the sake of arguing. If you claim to be as knowlegable about footy you make out then even you know that i'm right. by the way it has definately been reported, take a valium and look harder
Who’s arguing? I asked a question, you seem to think it’s been reported, I can’t find it, so I asked where you’d heard it. Chill the **** out and stop getting personal over a very simple question.

Who’s arguing? I asked a question, you seem to think it’s been reported, I can’t find it, so I asked where you’d heard it. Chill the fu** out and stop getting personal over a very simple question.

Maybe it's the way you ask it? Be a little bit nicer when you speak to people and people will be nicer to you, you seem so angry, we barrack for the same team but have some different opinions

Completely against the rules for a draftee to do that, he would get suspended for 2 years

Maybe he could wear his Collingwood scarf or jumper the next time he has a zoom meeting with the Crows. I listened to him on the Road to the Draft podcast and he’s a mad Pies supporter. He was at the 2018 GF and was gutted we lost to the Eagles as a Collingwood fan from WA!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe it's the way you ask it? Be a little bit nicer when you speak to people and people will be nicer to you, you seem so angry, we barrack for the same team but have some different opinions
There was nothing angry about the way I worded that question mate, and I wasn’t arguing with you. You seem to just take exception to me whenever I respond to one of your posts.
As for pick 2, I doubt the club goes all in unless they know McDonald is there, so let’s just see what happens.

Betting everything on Logan being there at 2 is crazy to me. Yeah Thilthorpe may be an SA local but Crows would be nuts not to take Logan to me.

Id rather trade 2021 1st for a couple of picks inside the top 30. And look to take Cox, Callow, Ford and Reef.

You could always have this teed up (pick 2 trade) as a draft night trade and if Mac goes at 1 Divert to plan B.

I reckon North could be worried about investing in an interstate kid who might be a flight risk after the initial contract; if they have little success. Logan Mac, Thillthorpe, DGB might all be risks. Pick 2 for a combo of first round picks still gives them access to Phillips, Bruhn, Hollands etc. If Logan Mac goes 1 it wouldn’t surprise me if the took Hollands at 2.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My mail out of the club is they are keen to move to pick 2 to get a key forward.

Also, if what I’ve been told is true, I’m not surprised Treloar has been moved. Fair bit going on behind the scenes immediate family wise since his time at GWS.

They want to do that so they think that will make this Joke of a Trade Period Dissaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back