List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crows recruiting guy apparently dismissed the suggestion about not bidding on JUH because it’d mean Doggies would match and their player would get the bonus. They’ll select whoever is the number 1 on their list.
And did

I did the calculations for our 2021 draft hand.

If the second rounder is tied to the Dogs and ladder positions stay the same, the picks are worth 1333 points next year, equivalent to pick 11 before discount.

If it's tied to us, the picks are worth 1128 points, equivalent to pick 15 before discount.

So do we currently have 36 on senior list, 2 rookies and 2 cat b rookies?

leaving 4 spots open to get to 44?

we may not use a pick in rookie draft if we want to leave spots open for mid season and supplemental selections

So what does our forward line look like Round 1 2021 best case scenario?
Elliott, Miochek, WHE
Cox, De Goey, Thomas

I don't think any of these kids will crack round one, with the limited games they have played in 2020.

That being said, we have been known to give one kid a go straight off the bat in the past, so it wouldn't surprise me if WHE or Thomas was dropped and Henry makes his way into the side.

Elliott, Miochek, WHE
Cox, De Goey, Thomas

I don't think any of these kids will crack round one, with the limited games they have played in 2020.

That being said, we have been known to give one kid a go straight off the bat in the past, so it wouldn't surprise me if WHE or Thomas was dropped and Henry makes his way into the side.
Josh Thomas may need to take your user name...

So do we currently have 36 on senior list, 2 rookies and 2 cat b rookies?

leaving 4 spots open to get to 44?

we may not use a pick in rookie draft if we want to leave spots open for mid season and supplemental selections

Post draft interview Hine did mention there were a couple of boys that we like that weren't drafted, so l would say we will take a pick or two into the rookie draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did the calculations for our 2021 draft hand.

If the second rounder is tied to the Dogs and ladder positions stay the same, the picks are worth 1333 points next year, equivalent to pick 11 before discount.

If it's tied to us, the picks are worth 1128 points, equivalent to pick 15 before discount.
you missed a 3rd rounder. we have 3 3rd rounders tied to us,crows and dockers. on this years ladder positions thats 1729 points which is marginally short of matching a bid at pick 3. if Nick is gonna be pick 1 we can just trade in an extra pick or go into deficit so yeah we're golden.

you missed a 3rd rounder. we have 3 3rd rounders tied to us,crows and dockers. on this years ladder positions thats 1729 points which is marginally short of matching a bid at pick 3. if Nick is gonna be pick 1 we can just trade in an extra pick or go into deficit so yeah we're golden.

If he will be No.1?...He will be No.1......

EoyJ_D4UUAEoBzo.png

I would have said Daicos won’t be #1 based on the prestige, the NAB portfolio etc. which is given up if another clubs bids and gets matched. However that happened for JUH so no reason why it couldn’t happen to Nicky D.

I would have said Daicos won’t be #1 based on the prestige, the NAB portfolio etc. which is given up if another clubs bids and gets matched. However that happened for JUH so no reason why it couldn’t happen to Nicky D.

I think if a player deserves to be number 1, then you should call out his name whether he will be matched or not.

Also, if Adelaide didn't do it, then I'm sure one of the other clubs would have called him out at 2 or 3

I think if a player deserves to be number 1, then you should call out his name whether he will be matched or not.

Also, if Adelaide didn't do it, then I'm sure one of the other clubs would have called him out at 2 or 3

Agree. That’s why I think it was the right thing for the Crows to do. JUH was clearly the best player in the draft so he should have been called at #1 bid or not.

Crows going back to #2 also probably just takes that little bit more pressure off their selection too. Not burdened with #1 tag.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I just did the calculations.

We have one second round pick and two third round picks. One of those thirds is tied to Adelaide. That is our draft hand for 2021 as it stands.

1607595753741.png

View attachment 1026232

1607595933765.png

After all those pick swaps we ended up with 1 x second round pick (Bulldogs) and 3 x 3rd round picks (ours, Fremantle's and Adelaide's).

This may work out to 1700+ points on draft night in 2021 (1801 points as we speak), if ladder positions for us, Freo and Adelaide roughly stay the same in 2021.

Y'all working this out manually?

Go here:

Currently (based on 2020 ladder) we have 1729 points-wise.

To match Pick 1 after discount = 2400
To match Pick 2 after discount = 2014
To match Pick 3 after discount = 1787
To match Pick 4 after discount = 1627

So we'll be safe and deficit free from Pick 4 onwards, but we could trade forward a future pick from our 2022 picks if we needed to. And we may trade a player next season for a pick worth points also.

Our main concern at this stage is whether keep the rule change where you can bank as many points as you like regardless of list spots, but we will likely be fine.

Who are the free agency targets in 2021? Would be interesting to know which free agents in the past have expressed a desire to come to us.

Pretty exciting that we’ll be able to bring a couple of proven stars of the competition.

Y'all working this out manually?

Go here:

Currently (based on 2020 ladder) we have 1729 points-wise.

To match Pick 1 after discount = 2400
To match Pick 2 after discount = 2014
To match Pick 3 after discount = 1787
To match Pick 4 after discount = 1627

So we'll be safe and deficit free from Pick 4 onwards, but we could trade forward a future pick from our 2022 picks if we needed to. And we may trade a player next season for a pick worth points also.

Our main concern at this stage is whether keep the rule change where you can bank as many points as you like regardless of list spots, but we will likely be fine.

Doubt they’ll extend the points banking beyond this year.

[
Elliott, Miochek, WHE
Cox, De Goey, Thomas

If Cox continues his later season form when he was OK, it really isn't that bad on paper. Thomas and WHE need to go though. I think the new kid Mcreery will be a shot for Round 1. With a good preseason, Ruscoe might be too.

Who are the free agency targets in 2021? Would be interesting to know which free agents in the past have expressed a desire to come to us.

Pretty exciting that we’ll be able to bring a couple of proven stars of the competition.

Cripps, Bont, Merrett and JKelly are the big free agent names next year.

No big key forwards as free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back