Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So it seems we have no mature targets worthy of Pick 27. Wonder if we end up trading it for a future pick? As at present West will eat it.

Based on our trading, age profile, and recent performances, our future picks may be quite valuable so not keen to trade them.
I think that was the clubs plan all along. We don't have the later picks to pick up both West and Khamis without going into deficit so I feel as though they always felt the Dahl compo was going towards West. We only have 45 (likely Khamis) and no other real picks available unless we trade Adams.

They seem to be fairly similar players position wise so the club may have been comfortable effectively swapping Dahl for West, and hoping West can fill Dahl's this year role of small forward who can chop out in the midfield.

There sure is a lot of speculation about Bont's availability next year on trade radio today...

This was 5 years ago. Think how much better he must be by now. Dominant.

One of only 5 players on our list who has kicked a bag of 4 goals in an AFL game.

Who can name the other 4?

And no, Sam Lloyd has never kicked 4 in an AFL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it looks like we’ll pick up potentially 3 All Australian Under 18’s in this years draft. What a disaster!!
To go with our Under 18's All Australian Mitch Honeychurch! Wonder how many of those 3 were also ranked in the top 15 of their draft pool by Champion Data too? The bar has been set incredibly high

I think that was the clubs plan all along. We don't have the later picks to pick up both West and Khamis without going into deficit so I feel as though they always felt the Dahl compo was going towards West. We only have 45 (likely Khamis) and no other real picks available unless we trade Adams.

They seem to be fairly similar players position wise so the club may have been comfortable effectively swapping Dahl for West, and hoping West can fill Dahl's this year role of small forward who can chop out in the midfield.

IMO The Adams comp will mostly pay for West. Still leaves 27 being pretty much wasted.

Assuming trades pan out, can only see GC and Port and us getting worse. Saints, Freo, Brisbane, North, Ess, Rich, Hawks, Dees, and Blues have all significantly improved their lists.

Mate reckons Neale/Hogan/May deals are imminent, not sure where he got that from though, has there been any reports? I cbf listening to trade radio, or reading AFL site, prefer to sift through varying levels of BS here to end up more confused than ever.
The fact Trade week closes tomorrow would make any trades imminent really...

IMO The Adams comp will mostly pay for West. Still leaves 27 being pretty much wasted.

Assuming trades pan out, can only see GC and Port and us getting worse. Saints, Freo, Brisbane, North, Ess, Rich, Hawks, Dees, and Blues have all significantly improved their lists.

Except quite a few of those clubs will barely be participating in the first round of the draft.

In fact Essendon, Hawks, Geelong, Dees haven't for a few years and some won't next year.

Let's see how that works out in 3-4 years time?

If we get pick 32 for Adams, then I think 27 will be wiped out and the 32 possibly pushed back even further down the draft assuming a 15-20 bid for West. Obviously the club hadn't intended Adams to leave but I do think the original plan from a while back was to use the Dahl compo for West.

I do see what you're saying now about trading pick 27 for something else now that we are likely to have a second rounder.

Except quite a few of those clubs will barely be participating in the first round of the draft.

In fact Essendon, Hawks, Geelong, Dees haven't for a few years and some won't next year.

Let's see how that works out in 3-4 years time?

I don’t reckon we will need to wait that long we will be above both the Saints and Norf next year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back