Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO The Adams comp will mostly pay for West. Still leaves 27 being pretty much wasted.

Assuming trades pan out, can only see GC and Port and us getting worse. Saints, Freo, Brisbane, North, Ess, Rich, Hawks, Dees, and Blues have all significantly improved their lists.

Saints have significantly improved their list? With Hannefairy and Kent?

Except quite a few of those clubs will barely be participating in the first round of the draft.

In fact Essendon, Hawks, Geelong, Dees haven't for a few years and some won't next year.

Let's see how that works out in 3-4 years time?

A balanced approach is good.

People have been saying Nawf would go off a cliff, meanwhile they pick up Polec and a top ten draft talent. Saints get Hannabery and keep 4. Cats get Dahl and keep 12.

Picking up mature quality talent and drafting high picks is hardly mutually exclusive.

In three of four years many of our youth will be the same age and seeking pay rises. Our two brightest young stars will be rabidly targeted by the WA clubs year after year. And perhaps some of that young talent becomes pissed at losing (which we will if injuries continue and we rely on kids not ready) and becomes a flight risk.

Have to be balanced and we aren't IMO.

How anyone can complain about using pick 68 is baffling.. it would be used to upgrade our rookies so is a freebie.

At least Loyd was first in line at RICHMOND as opposed to Hall who couldn't get a game for GOLD COAST
Hall is an outside, downhill skiing potato that s**** himself at the first sign of pressure.

I have no idea how anyone on here rates him at all. He’s no good.

Even the Horlin-Smith deal is overs. Pick 59 for a bloke who has played 15 AFL games in the last 4 seasons. Amusing
Many young Cats guys spend a lot of time in the 2’s b4 getting a chance. He’s had some injuries. I remember listening to him talk vey early days and was surprised at how mature he was. He captained an Australian underage cricket side (16’s for memory). Think he might be a good risk for the pick and could become part of leadership group if he gets a decent run on field. Seems to fit in with what Dew is trying to do up there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd give 7 for May, or next years first which ever they prefer, May would make us a -20 points received better side instantly.

We are so bloody young with injury clouds over many of our senior players. I'd nearly pick up Barlowe as a rookie/40 on the list.

Pretty ordinary state of affairs.

I see a lot of clubs improving their lists with ready made quality players. Its not inconceivable that we could go backwards next year.

The worst trade negotiator in the league is conducting a fire sale of quality young players. Where are we?

GC and Port are being pillaged. Where are we? (Right there with them apparently with Dahl and Adams going.)

Quite a disappointing trade period to date.

I agree with the part of your post expressing disappointment about not taking advantage of the ludicrous trading going on at GC. There were some bargains to be had imo but we didn't take advantage. Still over 30 hours available for us to force our way to the trough.

If we get May (and we probably won’t) I’d rather get him for Pick 7 than 2019R1 - that’s a huge risk, given there’s every possibility we have another down year next year. We already know that we are unlikely to get our major targets in this year’s draft at Pick 7, but next year is another story.

Surprise surprise

Case of quick or the dead here. As soon as Hogan etc drops Melb get May. IMO Our play is make an offer of next yr first. Take it or leave it, offer off table by 8.30pm today.

While May isnt as big a need as elsewhere you take him if available. Spreads our age profile and pay structure well.

If we get May (and we probably won’t) I’d rather get him for Pick 7 than 2019R1 - that’s a huge risk, given there’s every possibility we have another down year next year. We already know that we are unlikely to get our major targets in this year’s draft at Pick 7, but next year is another story.
Not necessarily. Very realistic chance that Bailey Smith is still around at 7. That’s a big risk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back