Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With West extending his contract today I think that leaves us with the following players whose contracts expire this year.

Have I missed any recent extensions?

BusslingerJedd
SmithBailey
ClarkeCharlie
DuryeaTaylor
LiberatoreTom
KhamisBuku
BedendoDominic
McNeilLachie
GarciaRiley
JohannisenJason
RypstraKelsey
KeathAlex
EnglishTim

Yeah I haven't been keeping up with the contracts thread partly because I see you've done a nice table for everything. Want me to keep it updating it? Seems a bit unnecessary having two threads.

As for those names, I know Libba signed for another year earlier in the season. Pretty certain that's about it.

We are not going to get a big fish, never have, so I wouldn't get to carried away with the Barrass rumors. Plus he seems settled as in WA anyway. We will likely grab another teams fringe 22/reserves player, and wonder why they don't improve us much, as they languish between the AFL and VFL with us.

Plus I would rather use next years first to grab a player than any first we MAY get this year. A few good explosive MIDS in this years draft I would rather load up on. As well as trying to identify good man on man defenders who can read the play well in zone.

Also would rather us not blow a first round pick on a soon to be 30 year old player who has missed games. We need more prime aged players in the mid 20s, not those who are could drop off a cliff any moment now. Not everyone plays well into their early to mid 30s. We need to be aiming for consistent long term contention, and players that will be around for a few years, not stop gaps we have to keep filling every two years like we are in "now" mode. We can't even make the top 4.

Last edited:
Yeah I haven't been keeping up with the contracts thread partly because I see you've done a nice table for everything. Want me to keep it updating it? Seems a bit unnecessary having two threads.

As for those names, I know Libba signed for another year earlier in the season. Pretty certain that's about it.
No I think a contracts thread is good. Keep it going if you're up for it. I've just been stealing your work!

Brilliant feint by the club. Sammy P out there dropping hints we're after Barrass, meanwhile club disguises Baz (not really o/s!) as Zorko and make an offer our real target can't refuse...

Screenshot_20240626-224418_AFL.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on Riley Garcia's contract campaigners? Wouldn't mind him at the Blues as a team that desperately lacks leg speed but not really sure where he lies in Bevos pecking order.
He’s had a fair few injury setbacks, but has usually always been selected when fit. Stemming back to us trading back into the draft to select him, the club has always thought very highly of him.

His omission was a bit of a shock on the board last week as he’s been pretty impressive this year despite low disposal efficiency. (He’s very in and under but his kicks have a tendency of going higher than they do long)

He’ll be back in the team soon and hopefully retains his spot long term, brings a lot of speed and grunt that we also lack.

Barrass is a bloody good player but under no circumstances should we be trading any first round picks for a soon to be 29 year old with injury concerns.

Busslinger & a second is the most I’d pay. Remember what Brian Lake went for?
We gave the Hawks the flag with Lake….

Butters would never pass a dickhead policy but he's too good to ignore.

Butters a dickhead? First I’ve heard.

He's set an all time record for fines in a short career, but not sure that tips him into the dh territory. Life-long Dogs supporter and onfield jet, I'm happy to concede minor onfield indiscretions if he's wearing a RW&B jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back