Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Lobb only if we can get a 2nd rounder. Trade Daniel for a late 2nd/early 3rd.

Neither should be best 22 next year and would be at 15 other clubs.

Macrae still offers something and will have a clear spot with Daniel and Smith gone.

Daniel to Adelaide for Pick 42 if they take his contract. Slightly more if we contribute.

Lobb and a Pick 48 to St Kilda for Pick 27.

Smith to Geelong for Pick 14 and F2.

Busslinger and F2 to WC for Barass.

Bews as a FA.

In: Barrass, Bews, Pick 14, Pick 27, Pick 28, Pick 42

Out: Smith, Busslinger, Lobb, Daniel, Bedendo, McNeil

I know they take up a bit of our cap, but I’d def like to keep Macrae and Daniel. Melbourne had the best midfield in the comp so we’re happy to let Harmes and Jordan go, they’d kill for them now.

Macrae has been decent in a new role. Hopefully CD can work his form out.

I know they take up a bit of our cap, but I’d def like to keep Macrae and Daniel. Melbourne had the best midfield in the comp so we’re happy to let Harmes and Jordan go, they’d kill for them now.

Macrae has been decent in a new role. Hopefully CD can work his form out.

How much should we buy into the whole “games gone past Caleb”?

How much should we buy into the whole “games gone past Caleb”?
Its more ‘game PLAN’ has gone past Caleb.

Either a new coach or a role actually suited to his very unique skillset is required. Whether that’s with us or against us is the big question.

You just simply don’t lose the ability he has to kick the footy and his game sense/smarts are still there.

Its more ‘game PLAN’ has gone past Caleb.

Either a new coach or a role actually suited to his very unique skillset is required. Whether that’s with us or against us is the big question.

You just simply don’t lose the ability he has to kick the footy and his game sense/smarts are still there.
Can the game plan have Libba, Bont, Sanders, Caleb and Macrae all in the engine room though... it's very pedestrian and we've seen the huge benefit of Richards in there.

Can’t see Macrae going anywhere, is playing an important, selfless role now. The 30+ possession games are probably gone but we don’t need it.

Lobb will stay unless we get overs, pure and simple. Daniel is the tricky one, has no clear spot in the side but again is great (albeit slightly more expensive) depth. We would do right by him if another team came knocking and CD expressed a desire to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cannot overpay for English, rather ship that spud off to West Coast for Barrass and some pick shenanigans.
I was told on Friday that we are still a fair way apart on a deal. I don’t think him going is totally unrealistic.

For what it’s worth I was also told the Pies aren’t in the hunt for Baz as they are chasing a bigger fish in Logan McDonald.

I was told on Friday that we are still a fair way apart on a deal. I don’t think him going is totally unrealistic.

For what it’s worth I was also told the Pies aren’t in the hunt for Baz as they are chasing a bigger fish in Logan McDonald.
How are they going to land McDonald? They have no trade currency

How desperate are we to keep English? What is his value to the team? Time for some asset evaluation to determine his worth. Seems like just a reasonable dividend payer rather than a growth asset to me. Rapidly downgrading from a HOLD to a SELL.

Let him walk. I hope Sammy makes him a reasonable offer but if he wants more then thank him for his service. ( as I have said before - I want him to stay but not at any price - and that price has come down this year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back