Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

My son was in the same home room as Bailey Smith at school for 3 years. Doesn’t have a good word to say about him. ‘Arrogant, up himself a-hole who cheated on his girlfriend.’ We tried to ignore this while he was one of ours, but now he can go and get stuffed.

He knew and loved TJ at Collingwood though, Ollie Sestan at Melbourne, Tex Wanganeen. All really good guys.

My son was in the same home room as Bailey Smith at school for 3 years. Doesn’t have a good word to say about him. ‘Arrogant, up himself a-hole who cheated on his girlfriend.’ We tried to ignore this while he was one of ours, but now he can go and get stuffed.

He knew and loved TJ at Collingwood though, Ollie Sestan at Melbourne, Tex Wanganeen. All really good guys.
Come clean. Bring out all your horrible Bailey smith stories that you've kept under wraps 😂

When I saw him he reminded me of Dundeel as a yearling. Bailey Smith reminded me of Aft Cabin.

My Dundeel filly has terrible knees, so I’d have been wary 😉

Cal Twomey stated that the deal for Alex Neal-Bullen will be the 1st trade completed on Day One for Adelaide's pick 25.

ANB is a half forward who kicked 9 goals this year, has never been All Australian and never finished in the top 5 of the Dees B&F. He will be 29 when next season starts. He is contracted for 2 more seasons.

Jack Macrae turned 30 last month. He is contracted for 3 more seasons, is a 3x AA who has consistently been in the Top 5 of the Sutton Medal, yet pick 24 is too much for the Saints to give up?? Pick 43 is more realistic? What am I missing here? In what world is ANB more valuable than Jack Macrae?

If Jacko gets to the Saints I guarantee he finishes top 5 in their B&F next year.

Cal Twomey stated that the deal for Alex Neal-Bullen will be the 1st trade completed on Day One for Adelaide's pick 25.

ANB is a half forward who kicked 9 goals this year, has never been All Australian and never finished in the top 5 of the Dees B&F. He will be 29 when next season starts. He is contracted for 2 more seasons.

Jack Macrae turned 30 last month. He is contracted for 3 more seasons, is a 3x AA who has consistently been in the Top 5 of the Sutton Medal, yet pick 24 is too much for the Saints to give up?? Pick 43 is more realistic? What am I missing here? In what world is ANB more valuable than Jack Macrae?

If Jacko gets to the Saints I guarantee he finishes top 5 in their B&F next year.
I'm almost certain 18 out of 18 clubs would take Alex Neal-Bullen ahead of Macrae if given the choice.

Players that can run/ cover ground are at a premium over players that can find the ball but lack the physical tools to apply pressure

The world in which ANB played more meaningful and better footy in 2024 than Macrae, is expected to be as good or better next year than this year, and is not taking up huge chunks of the salary cap at Melbourne? Alex Neal-Bullen polled in the coaches votes in 5 games this season. Macrae, just 1.

Macrae might be good at St Kilda. He might also continue his decline as a footballer from mid 2022 and St Kilda might also even regret trading for him if such a decline continues.

Strange post.

I'm almost certain 18 out of 18 clubs would take Alex Neal-Bullen ahead of Macrae if given the choice.

Players that can run/ cover ground are at a premium over players that can find the ball but lack the physical tools to apply pressure
I might be in the minority here but give me a smart footballer over a good runner every day of the week.

I thought Jack was one of the Dogs best players in the last game against GWS and still has plenty left to offer in the right role, which he'll likely get at the Saints.

I might be in the minority here but give me a smart footballer over a good runner every day of the week.

I thought Jack was one of the Dogs best players in the last game against GWS and still has plenty left to offer in the right role, which he'll likely get at the Saints.
Don't think you'll find many agreeing with you who the more valuable player is. If what you were saying was true with Macrae, it would have manifested itself with his selection in the starting team and not the sub in the most recent game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he knew he'd be heading to Geelong now so he didn't ask or agree to be traded last year. Helps Geelong out when he's out of contract. We couldn't have just tossed him to Hawthorn without him agreeing.
The good news is that our troubles are now over and our troubles will soon be someone else's troubles. Whatever the trade wash up ends up being, getting him the FO of the club is an intangible benefit that's hard measure ... but a benefit nonetheless.

Blame the mother.....Mother's name?....I like pedigrees.

Fabvier, a Fastnet Rock mare.

I’ve also got a share in Mr Brightside’s little half sister. Every time he wins she increases in value a little. Especially as she’s the only female in the line and the rest of the family are geldings 😬

Fabvier, a Fastnet Rock mare.

I’ve also got a share in Mr Brightside’s little half sister. Every time he wins she increases in value a little. Especially as she’s the only female in the line and the rest of the family are geldings 😬
Ringa ding ding. Your shout🤣. That's a gift that will give for a while.

I favour Jenni tonight though. Won't affect your investment though. That's solid regardless of the outcome.

Are you ****ing kidding me!?!?

What ABSOLUTE horseshit.

7b259e97e358cb2d8eb2561b786fe026.jpg
Some players just leave when they "outgrow" the place. But the real superstars build their clubs up to match their level.

100% agree.

I favour Jenni tonight though. Won't affect your investment though. That's solid regardless of the outcome.
Computer says I can't start a conversation with you so

A couple of interesting nicks in that pedigree
Line bred to Denise's Joy and Royal Academy with Latest Edition a tap root mare (dam of Sovreign Edition - sire of Surround amongst others).
Hopefully the legs aren't too bad as that's a genetic mix with potential

Love them both, that win of Jenni’s in Sydney was unlike anything I’ve seen in well over 60 years of watching racing. And I have never barracked harder for a horse than Mr B in last year’s Cox Plate.
I’ll be happy with a dead heat tonight 😁

Jake Stringer?... If the speculation was correct we're bloody lucky he didn't embarrass us more. Years later he is potentially 'persona non grata' across the whole competition.
I'd suggest he was a great loss.

Maybe he will have to go back to his former trade as an electrician. Get some more jobs laying cables in places like other players' lockers.

Computer says I can't start a conversation with you so

A couple of interesting nicks in that pedigree
Line bred to Denise's Joy and Royal Academy with Latest Edition a tap root mare (dam of Sovreign Edition - sire of Surround amongst others).
Hopefully the legs aren't too bad as that's a genetic mix with potential

Yeah I picked her because she was pretty, had 4 legs and a tail 😉
There is some great blood lines there. They were great racehorses who I vividly remember.
I don’t know why the conversation thing doesn’t work. I think Fossie had the same issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back