List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I wanted Harley Reid a few weeks ago, but when I look at what we offered for him (McKercher, 15/18 (Goad; Dawson/Hardeman)), I'd have been furious at the club in retrospect if you'd accepted. Much prefer what we ended up with to Reid, who at the end of the day, is just one person (with an inhuman amount of pressure on his shoulders).

Curious as to why you’d think we care

I don’t want Edwards but if he’s still on the board at 40 we should tell Freo we’re selecting him unless they’d like to trade 41 and a decent future pick for 40.

I don’t want Edwards but if he’s still on the board at 40 we should tell Freo we’re selecting him unless they’d like to trade 41 and a decent future pick for 40.

Do Fremantle need him?

I wanted Harley Reid a few weeks ago, but when I look at what we offered for him (McKercher, 15/18 (Goad; Dawson/Hardeman)), I'd have been furious at the club in retrospect if you'd accepted. Much prefer what we ended up with to Reid, who at the end of the day, is just one person (with an inhuman amount of pressure on his shoulders).
Stoked we got H Reid

Special player and person.

Big shoes but I think he can fill them.

NM were offering rubbish.

Ditto it was more id like a hint as it has been all so vague.

Surprised nothing has hit the east coast with it as they keep touting him as a top 30 pick.

They probably need to keep listing him based on potential though. What's the alternative? Suggest he's a huge slider with unfounded bad character or something? Most within footy circles would have to know by now. If he makes it to 40 I reckon Freo will still match and take him for peanuts.

I'd also like throw a dart late at Sydney's academy ruck in Caleb May.
Was behind Read for the Allies but is a huge unit and worth it as a project.

Do Fremantle need him?
I reckon for a free hit (40+) local boy who will be coming into their prime when Darcy retires who most clubs rate more highly they’d pay a decent amount for that. Means they could get say Sanchez/Mannagh and Edwards this year. No brainer for them I would have thought.

I am sure a sentiment shared by all your 30 thousand fans.

I can tell you that our 105 thousand members are absolutely delighted with Harley Reid.

Nice for you that Ma’am Kane was able to slip a couple of goodies into your shopping trolly pre draft, so that you have a better Christmas, always nice to see the homeless and needy get a break.

All power to you and the shinbeggars for the future. 👍

Well well well

Whateley actually has a valid point for a change as he (and some other media) have seen the absurdity of a 29 pick first round

I posted before about this being the upside of all the bids coming in the first round as it would highlight what a farce it’s become

Doesn’t help us this year but it should be the catalyst for change

Get rid of Free Agency compo - that’s an obvious one. The compo is you have more money. If you want to ‘extract value’ then match the offer and force a trade if they are restricted - if they aren’t then tough shit.

Restrict the academies to bid matching requiring a minimum of one pick within the same round. Same goes for F/S picks.

Stop handing out freebies to poorly managed teams - if you dilute the draft less they’ll get better access to the best players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club is absolutely milking the Harley Reid train atm, so many fb posts telling people to get on board as Harley did, also offering to print the number 9 to any jumper purchased 😂

This is exactly what Norf needed, that one marquee player to draw members but they’re too stupid..
I can't remember who they drafted

A week ago there was a rumour on twitter about an unnamed potential draftee having spent high school relentlessly bullying a physically disabled kid, same guy maybe?

That’s not referring to Edwards.

Club is absolutely milking the Harley Reid train atm, so many fb posts telling people to get on board as Harley did, also offering to print the number 9 to any jumper purchased

This is exactly what Norf needed, that one marquee player to draw members but they’re too stupid..
We need to cash in on the lost revenue from our prime time tv absence

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sarcastic Saturday Night Live GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back