List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Some of the melts on here over having pick 30 and not an early 20s pick are hilarious. As if it makes a scrap of difference in the long term.

Stop and think for a minute.

If every draft our picks get pushed back 10 spots EVERY YEAR if makes a bloody big difference over time.

It's a massive disadvantage getting bumped down the order 10 spots over the long term. Especially with clubs playing in finals jumping ahead getting leg ups when they don't need them.

As everyone is staying away from the topic, I'm guessing it has to do with the opposite sex.

People are and should be staying away from the topic as it happened while Edwards was a minor. I wouldn't want to be the one to put it out publicly on a forum.

A burner account through 256bit encryption on a rotating point VPN and you could ensure you had no potential civil or criminal liability.

I wanted Harley Reid a few weeks ago, but when I look at what we offered for him (McKercher, 15/18 (Goad; Dawson/Hardeman)), I'd have been furious at the club in retrospect if you'd accepted. Much prefer what we ended up with to Reid, who at the end of the day, is just one person (with an inhuman amount of pressure on his shoulders).
WGAF

Gold Coast started the trade period with picks 4, 11, 18.

Arguably close enough to get the first three players they selected.

I don't mind them getting the players based on this.

What I mind is that they also have two x F1's and the picks slid backward because other sides could trade in and jump the queue.

Academies are great if they used Picks 4, 11, 18 on the players.

I wanted Harley Reid a few weeks ago, but when I look at what we offered for him (McKercher, 15/18 (Goad; Dawson/Hardeman)), I'd have been furious at the club in retrospect if you'd accepted. Much prefer what we ended up with to Reid, who at the end of the day, is just one person (with an inhuman amount of pressure on his shoulders).
C
O
P
I
U
M

WCE_phil
Are you able share any thoughts on players still left on the board?

Doesn't have to be specific but anything you can share would be nice

22 of my top 40 are still available.

WCE really need a second pick before Freo this evening imo.

I know who I want the club to draft.

I can't give out any details until after the rookie draft in regards to who I thought did well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, Im glad you have made peace with your club's inability to get the job done even with the AFL trying to guide your member in, and I hope it helps you sleep at night.
But what makes you think we give a flying **** about what your pissant tinpot club do with their many handouts?

People are and should be staying away from the topic as it happened while Edwards was a minor. I wouldn't want to be the one to put it out publicly on a forum.

A burner account through 256bit encryption on a rotating point VPN and you could ensure you had no potential civil or criminal liability.
Sounds like he's a spy working for MI6

The Mitch Edwards rumour, whatever it is - I don’t know, hasn’t been posted publicly and if it does I’ll more than likely be deleting it

Some people clearly know so PM them if you want to join the club

Same goes for Schoenmaker
Isn't the issue with Schoenmaker well known? Banned for 10 weeks for buying alcohol for his under-age team mates? Also maybe driving over the limit? There's media articles about his standing up and taking responsibility, so maybe he's learned his lesson.

Gold Coast started the trade period with picks 4, 11, 18.

Arguably close enough to get the first three players they selected.

I don't mind them getting the players based on this.

What I mind is that they also have two x F1's and the picks slid backward because other sides could trade in and jump the queue.

Academies are great if they used Picks 4, 11, 18 on the players.

That all sounds fine until you realise they didn’t start the trade period with 4,11,18

They got 10 and 17 (which became 11 and 18) and the bulldogs F1 by trading pick 4

They started with pick 4, 2x R2 picks and 3x R3 picks

Stop and think for a minute.

If every draft our picks get pushed back 10 spots EVERY YEAR if makes a bloody big difference over time.

It's a massive disadvantage getting bumped down the order 10 spots over the long term. Especially with clubs playing in finals jumping ahead getting leg ups when they don't need them.
I mean it’s clearly going to be addressed. If this was happening every year for years then yes it would be worth having a meltdown. But for one year having pick 30 instead of pick 20 isn’t going to make a scrap of difference in 5 years time. We still have players ranked around the 20 mark to pick from anyway.

I mean it’s clearly going to be addressed. If this was happening every year for years then yes it would be worth having a meltdown. But for one year having pick 30 instead of pick 20 isn’t going to make a scrap of difference in 5 years time. We still have players ranked around the 20 mark to pick from anyway.

Wait till 2025 when it's highly possible the first round is 35+ picks long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back