List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Well well well

Whateley actually has a valid point for a change as he (and some other media) have seen the absurdity of a 29 pick first round

I posted before about this being the upside of all the bids coming in the first round as it would highlight what a farce it’s become

Doesn’t help us this year but it should be the catalyst for change

Need to begin eliminating or limiting Northern academy bidding within the top 40, or at least make it cost much more to match.
Imagine if they had to trade up instead of getting rid of all their decent picks to match bids.
Compo picks for FA and PP's need to end too.
Father sons can stay.

I don't have anything against the Crows, don't mind then really, but I imagine as a young kid if I was drafted to them I be a bit mehhh...., they're probably the most boring team in the comp...location, location, location!!

Post​

See new posts

Conversation​

Ben Waterworth

@bjwaterworth

Gippsland Power’s Archer Reid looms as an early pick. The 203cm prospect linked to both West Coast and Brisbane, who have the first two picks of tonight’s second round of the #AFLDraft. Mitch Edwards, Schoenmaker and Archie Roberts other options for Eagles early.
@FOXFOOTY

Wait till 2025 when it's highly possible the first round is 35+ picks long.

By 2025 you’d think Hardwick would have the suns in finals so a limit to how many academy kids they can take kicks in as far as I know

Also think this draft will generate significant unrest among the clubs to push for much needed change

Gold Coast started the trade period with picks 4, 11, 18.

Arguably close enough to get the first three players they selected.

I don't mind them getting the players based on this.

What I mind is that they also have two x F1's and the picks slid backward because other sides could trade in and jump the queue.

Academies are great if they used Picks 4, 11, 18 on the players.

And if they didn't get 20% discount

Need to begin eliminating or limiting Northern academy bidding within the top 40, or at least make it cost much more to match.
Imagine if they had to trade up instead of getting rid of all their decent picks to match bids.
Compo picks for FA and PP's need to end too.
Father sons can stay.

And get top 8 teams to pay in draft picks if they pick up FA player(s).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** it would be hilarious if we went Edwards now. Although Eagles will know.

Some clubs didn't. I may have been the one to inform them, does that make me a reverse ITK?

Plenty of names I’d be happy with tonight to the point where I have genuine difficulty narrowing it down to 3 or 4

So I’m looking at who I’d rather we didn’t draft. In no particular order-

• The other Reid - seems soft. Like his brother
• Edwards - unsure another developing ruck is a list priority
• Schoenmaker- slow, not agile
• O’Driscoll - tainted by family association with purple
• Roberts - have players I’d prefer over him with our 2nd and 3rd picks.
• Murphy - no logical reason tbh, just not that enthusiastic about him

Dead keen on getting another pick between 30 - 40 and using our 5th pick

fk me....when does this shit show get underway
I don't have anything against the Crows, don't mind then really, but I imagine as a young kid if I was drafted to them I be a bit mehhh...., they're probably the most boring team in the comp...location, location, location!!
thats why they are called crom.

no personality, no flair, just nothing.

Plenty of names I’d be happy with tonight to the point where I have genuine difficulty narrowing it down to 3 or 4

So I’m looking at who I’d rather we didn’t draft. In no particular order-

• The other Reid - seems soft. Like his brother
• Edwards - unsure another developing ruck is a list priority
• Schoenmaker- slow, not agile
• O’Driscoll - tainted by family association with purple
• Roberts - have players I’d prefer over him with our 2nd and 3rd picks.
• Murphy - no logical reason tbh, just not that enthusiastic about him

Dead keen on getting another pick between 30 - 40 and using our 5th pick

Who can you make an argument for giving up their pick in the 30s (before Freo's)?

Cats might be easy come, easy go. That pick landed in their lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back