List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Who can you make an argument for giving up their pick in the 30s (before Freo's)?

Cats might be easy come, easy go. That pick landed in their lap.

This was a post I prepared earlier

We have picks 30,40,49 and 66 which will come into the 50’s when clubs start passing

First point of call should be Hawthorn. They have 46,52,53 and one spot left for F/S Calsher Dear and don’t need 46 to match so offer them our F4 to see if they bite

Our main aim though should be to get another pick in the 30 to 40 range giving us 3 picks overall

That would guarantee us 3 of Simpson, Freijah, Schoenmaker, M Edwards, Hastie, Roberts, Jiath, Hall, Lual, Weatherill, Sanchez, Delean, Murphy, Zakostelsky, Lloyd, A Reid, Morris, Stevens or whoever you want to add. Posters will have their own opinions on who to prioritise but there’s 18 names there

So how to get the extra pick

Trading 30 and 49 to Geelong for 32 and 36 is the most obvious but that would require Geelong to really want to get ahead of us and Brisbane

I doubt Brisbane are going to offer 42 to move one spot from 31 to 30

St Kilda (33) don’t have another pick this year or next to trade up but might do our F3 and say 49 for 33. Maybe

Carlton (34) are in a similar boat to St Kilda and are more likely to be happy with our R3 for points reasons

Both those clubs would need to be happy about moving back in this years draft

Richmond 35 and 43 is risking moving back too far. Again our F3 and 49 maybe

Collingwood (37) for our F3 and 49 I like particularly because it gets us ahead of Fremantle at 38

I like the idea of keeping 30 and taking our first choice then trying a deal with Carlton or Collingwood using our F3

Using 3 picks before 40 gives us a late pick to use on someone like Fonti, De La Rue, Nyko, Philactides, Visentini or any sliders from the initial list I mentioned

Still scope for a decent draft

22 of my top 40 are still available.

WCE really need a second pick before Freo this evening imo.

I know who I want the club to draft.

I can't give out any details until after the rookie draft in regards to who I thought did well.
Yes you can't say Mitch player(s) you expect/want us to take, you couldn't Koen do something like that.
People would Reid to much into it and not think you were being even Stevens about the whole thing.
Would be easy to throw in a Murphy here and there to confuse people so I will Logan to BF after the rookie and check out your thoughts.

Just limit restricted agents to bottom 10.

Top teams can trade for them
Also the band 1 compo should be mid 1st round after all the non finals teams have had a pick . Not after their first rounder

No more pick 3 for spuds like Mackay and frawley.
Also a player like franklin wouldn't be pick 19 compo .

Band 1 mid first
Band 2 end first
Band 3 mid second
Band 4 end second
Band 5 third rounder after your pick .

Also get rid of the 20% discount . Clubs get enough of a leg up selling their picks for points profit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the main draft done, what do people want to see tomorrow?

I really think we need a fast running half back flanker and a developing tall defender if possible.

I do really like De La Rue though and think his skills would be handy.

The Archer pick is the one that I feel threw off the balance of our draft. I didn't really like any tall forwards at that point in the draft and I hope we haven't reached a little for a particular position.

Had we taken Simpson at 30, Johnston wouldn't have been a need and we could have gone ZZ there instead.

Reid/Simpson/Hall/ZZ just feels better to me than Reid/Reid/Hall/Johnston.

Obviously Archer is a 203cm beanpole and will be a slow burn so we won't know the outcome for years. And now he's here he has my full support. If you're reading this go well! Hopefully the Beagles improve and provide you with some actual service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back