List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

One of the knocks on Simpson is he lacks versatility. Johnston on the other hand can play a number of roles & is a similar type player. Happy to grab him & Archer over Simpson.
Simpson can play inside, outside, up forward and on a wing. Not sure how much more versatility you want. He's a forward of centre player.

Disappointed to miss out on Cooper Simpson, as a fan of his pre - draft, but conversely happy to have picked up a KPF.

Bailey is projecting as a perfectly suitable Ruck/Fwd but the jury is out on Jack, even if I think he is developing nicely. Having another tall to develop does not hurt.

Also, how excited did Harvey Johnson sound chatting to Simmo. That’s the sort of stuff I love about draft night- young blokes getting the chance to play AFL footy. Can’t wait to see them in action.

I don't have anything against the Crows, don't mind then really, but I imagine as a young kid if I was drafted to them I be a bit mehhh...., they're probably the most boring team in the comp...location, location, location!!
I have spent a lot of time in Adelaide and Melbourne both in my youth and later .

Melbourne is a city with lots to do but the people are just not friendly until you get out of the metro area .

Adelaide is a wonderful city with friendly people and its own layed back culture but yes not as much to do as a younger person .

Went back to Adelaide after covid for the first time in 2022 after about 5 years and had a great time .

Went over to Melbourne this year and the place is a shit hole not on my list to do again for a while .

Has WCE ever had a mexican?

Does Tom Cole count?

images (8).jpeg

Spent the off-season in the US hanging out outside of Walmarts looking for cash labour jobs.

If Tom Cole is Mexican then so is Harvey Johnston

1027969.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ReidA+
No brainer

ReidA
Don’t mind it. Needed to take one this year or next to allow them time to develop but do agree with above comments on where that leaves Williamsx2.

Hall
Pretty sure was always coming to the Eagles and is ready to play round 1. Made U18 AA midfield and really looking forward to seeing him go to work with the rest of the boys in what’s going to be a VERY powerful midfield.

Johnston
Not delighted. Thought there were other better options, especially Archie Roberts but had Freijah got through 4 more picks to us and we nabbed him it would have been an outstanding draft.

Given we took no KPD despite ZZ and Schoenmaker* being available late bargains, I’m confident that shows the Eagles know that one or both of Buss and Sam Taylor (and maybe even Curtin after his reaction) will be Gettable in the next couple of years.

I LOVE that we stuck it up the AFL and didn’t let their bs compo handouts manipulate us into handing over Harley. I’ve already collected my 2024 jersey with the #9 and can#9ot wait to watch that excitement machine tear up the hallowed Optus turf for the next 15 years. #WTR

[ATT#WTRype="full"]1858377[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 1700570535287.jpeg
    1700570535287.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
Dont mind us picking a tall forward.

Darling is nearing the end.
Jamieson is likely delist material when his contract runs out.
Jilliams has shown some promise but is still an unknown at this stage.
Waterman has struggled to establish himself as best 22 after 8 years.
Maric isnt a key forward.

Simpson can play inside, outside, up forward and on a wing. Not sure how much more versatility you want. He's a forward of centre player.

I can’t say I’ve seen a lot of him apart from a few highlights packages but I thought he was a mid & his RMC profile has one of his improvements as versatility so just assumed that’s what they meant.

Dont mind us picking a tall forward.

Darling is nearing the end.
Jamieson is likely delist material when his contract runs out.
Jilliams has shown some promise but is still an unknown at this stage.
Waterman has struggled to establish himself as best 22 after 8 years.
Maric isnt a key forward.

Jamieson should be given a shot as a KPD.

You can have up to 3 Cat B rookies so Baker & Dewar don’t need to be moved unless we want to grab another NGA apart from Livingstone.

It used to be 3 pre covid but was reduced to 2 at the same time the main/rookie list size was cut from 44 to 42

I actually checked the new CBA last night thinking it may have been changed back to 3 after reading media reports we’d listed Livingstone as a Cat B

There was no change, it’s still two, so I figured the journos had confused themselves and/or had forgotten about Dewar and Baker since there’s been no official announcement on their new deals

This is the relevant bit

7AFE90B0-5D30-4464-B89A-413D414EF75C.jpeg

That's backwards. The solution is not to give clubs access to NGA players in thr top 40, but to restrict all academy players from being matched in the top 40. AFL needs to decide if it wants a draft or recruitment zones, as this hybrid model doesn't work.

It does work if you close your eyes, block your ears and go la la la la.

I can’t say I’ve seen a lot of him apart from a few highlights packages but I thought he was a mid & his RMC profile has one of his improvements as versatility so just assumed that’s what they meant.
You look at his current skill set and athletic profile, and he has the scope to play as a pressure small forward, half forward, outside mid and inside mid.

Has played inside and half forward at CTL level. Has the potential to play more roles than someone like Clay Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back