Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bad outcome for Carltank imo.

As much as they insisted otherwise ... Gibbs is nowhere near as good as they or some in the media claim. Heck, most of their own supporters struggled to tolerate him prior to the 2016 season. And he'll be 28 by the time next season starts, plus which he's unlikely ever again to be truly 100% motivated to play for them.

Yeah, yeah, I know he is contracted and all that. But to even get #13 for him (let alone potentially another pick or player of any ability at all) would have been overs. And well worth doing. They'll never get anything like the same chance with him again.
Completely agree, pick 13 on its own was overs for Gibbs. And they wanted much more...

X. Richards in the PSD. But if my maths is correct we cant sign both Dea and Kelly.
We have 3 players who's future is yet to be decided still (Smack, Kommer, Dempsey) along with the 6 players we've already dumped.

Add Kelly and Dea and it becomes 4
Add Stewart it becomes 3
Add Walla it becomes 2

So we're obviously delisting Kommer and either Dempsey or Smack to create 2 more open spots.

We have 3 players who's future is yet to be decided still (Smack, Kommer, Dempsey) along with the 6 players we've already dumped.

Add Stewart it becomes 3
Add Walla it becomes 2

So we're obviously delisting Kommer and either Dempsey or Smack to create 2 more open spots.

Good breakdown.

Reckon all 3 go. Would prefer to take the punt on pick 41 in a deep draft than keep any of those 3. Take 4 picks to the draft, 1 at PSD.

Add Stewart it becomes 3
Add Walla it becomes 2

Smack being sent for surgery may indicate he stays. This would make me very happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So for mine, players to look at via the PSD and delisted free agency (ignoring Dea and Kelly since they're already sewn up) are:
Harry Dear, Luke Lowden, Anthony Morabito (rookie contract only?), Michael Barlow, Rhys Stanley, Jake Barrett, Tom Downie, Tim Membrey, Xavier Richards.

Bare in mind this is basically a list of OOC players who for the most part I don't know if they've been offered contracted (obviously Lowden and Morabito have already been delisted.

Only 4 Vic clubs in the 1st round this year. Can pick up McGrath from the Giants in 2 years, along with a few GC kids :p

2018 trade week prediction:

McGrath traded from GWS to Vic club for pick 65.

Ainsworth traded from GC to Vic club for 2018 1st & 2nd rounders and 2019 1st & 2nd rounders.

In my view, we should draft right up to pick 56.
ie currently 2 available spots (as above) plus delist McKernan (Stewart replaces), Kommer and Dempsey.
Picks available 1,20,29,39,57 and PSD1.
Use 5 of them. See who is available at PSD, and evaluate that against anyone we can draft at 57 on draft night. Use one or other.
It really boils down to whether we think the last player we delist of the three (McKernan in my view) is better value to us than whoever we can get at pick 56 or PSD1.
I think we are in rebuild mode and need to take all the potshots we can at the draft. I would rather an unknown who might be a 10-15% chance of being a good player, than a known who is only a backup.

I can already see all of Nyuon, Eades and Morgan being busts for us. We need to keep turning them over.
PS Any love for Aaron Heppell? Maybe to replace Wallis on the rookie list. However, with Dea and Kelly being added, there might not be room for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back