List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard inside mid with good speed and ability to break away from stoppages. Sydney mainly used him at half back or wing but I think he's an inside mid. The main knock on him is that his disposal can be pretty bad

Sounds like he could be a decent pick up for the right price
Inside mid disposal is always iffy so it’s not a deal breaker

As an aside guys, a few names that I have heard thrown up about us looking at have been Luke Dunstan from the Saints, Tomlinson from the Giants, Zak Jones at the Swans and Libba/Dunkley from the Dogs.

We are apparently on the market for another inside midfielder and these are some of the ones I have been told that we have spoken about or inquires about.

Lol. Media 4 months behind. 😂

don't even need an inside mid atm

Frees Dusty up more. Jones in the midfield gives us more firepower up forward. Is a contested beast and has a burst of speed out of the stoppages. Not to the level of Danger, Treloar or Shiel, but better than anything we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frees Dusty up more. Jones in the midfield gives us more firepower up forward. Is a contested beast and has a byrst od speed out of the stoppages. Not to the level of Danger, Treloar or Shiel, but better thab anything we have.

Meh. Shane Edwards wastes him in CP and clearances. If we’re getting him to do some of that grunt work I think we could do better

Jones ? Geezuz he butchers the ball.

Oh well, guess we have a decent record in this area now so will leave it to the experts at the club......

But then again, his footskills aren't all that bad in our forward pressure game plan. He misses a target, we swarm on the opposition. Lock it in. Repeat entries.

So as it stands we currently have 19, 38, 39, 72 & 74 in the draft.

Ellis is out the door which should net us pick 20 at best.

Whispers are suggesting Butler Markov McIntosh & Menadue may be considering their futures. The following is what I'd like to see unfold if they all decide to move on.

Butler to Carlton for pick 46 while some may suggest it might be unders we don't seem to haggle too much when it comes to moving guys on that want to leave.

Menadue if he takes up the Fremantle offer I'd like to get involved in the Melbourne & Fremantle trade for Langdon with pick 27*(Freo) or pick 41*(Dees) coming to us

That would mean our senior list changes would be: Ellis Grigg Butler Menadue Moore & Miller plue rookies Weller & Townsend

This would see us enter the draft with: 19 20 27* 40 41* & 47.

Outside the premiership 22 we'd still have the following on the list which is still solid depth to add 4-5 draftees to:

Higgins RCD Ross Turner Markov English McIntosh Graham Balta Aarts(r)CCJ Chol Garthwaite DES(r) Stack Naish
I'd still like to keep Butler.

I reckon McIntosh, menadue, Markov are expendable but Butler could come good again. Not to mention if Rioli or Castagna get injured he would be needed.

Meh. Shane Edwards wastes him in CP and clearances. If we’re getting him to do some of that grunt work I think we could do better

Played out of position at the Swans the past few years. They are playing him as a flanker. He is an inside mid.

Played out of position at the Swans the past few years. They are playing him as a flanker. He is an inside mid.

Spose swans are doing that for a reason. Just think sheds and meatball play that role far better than him. Agree we need another just not sure he’s the one

Spose swans are doing that for a reason. Just think sheds and meatball play that role far better than him. Agree we need another just not sure he’s the one

Only difference with Jones is he is a massive frame, a bash and crash type with a burst of speed out of a stoppage. We don't have anyone like that at the club right now. Dusty uses his strength to break away. Jones uses his pace. He is exactly the type we need, in my opinion. Someone who will bash into a contest, extract the ball, run 10 meters out of a pack and deliver the ball long. Will only make us better in the long run and fix the glaring contested possession weakness that has been exposed to us throughout all of our losses this year.

Jones also runs both ways, has a good tank and has terrific defensive pressure. Underrated in my opinion and will be 25 a couple weeks before round 1. Plenty of upside.

You guys are kidding if you think we deserve a first rounder for Ellis. He's a fringe player who has been in and out of the side and the whipping boy on this board.

Second rounder would clearly be fair.

Lol. The Compo equation is players age, length of contract and dollars offered.

Ellis is the same age as Motlop when he left the Cats, and has a longer contract worth more than Motlop, and Motlop got the Cats an End of First round selection.

Based on the AFL's own criteria, we will get an end of first round compo pick.

You guys are kidding if you think we deserve a first rounder for Ellis. He's a fringe player who has been in and out of the side and the whipping boy on this board.

Second rounder would clearly be fair.

free agency period starts tomorrow (4th) and the trade period on Monday (7th).

when do the AFL say what the compo is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back