List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way we can offer Elliott anything less than $500k.
Especially since what we have got Wells and Mayne on…2 players he has played better football than.

We will stand by Jamie and I don't believe we will low ball him or force him into a pay cut.

I disagree with the fact we need to offer Elliott a bigger contract than $500k. He has been a good servant for us and was very good in 2017, holding our forward line together, but in reality he has only played 89 games in 7 years, and only 17 in over 2.5 seasons. There must be a tipping point, especially when it comes to list management. I would like to see Elliott remain at the club, but on a 1 year minimal contract, around $350k.

There's no way we can offer Elliott anything less than $500k.
Especially since what we have got Wells and Mayne on…2 players he has played better football than.

We will stand by Jamie and I don't believe we will low ball him or force him into a pay cut.
Like hell we can’t. You don’t pay a premium for a player that plays less than 1 in 3 games over 3 years, no matter how good he is. Why would we? It’s not like other clubs will be knocking his door down with the knowledge of his pars defect, ankle, and soft tissue injuries. If a club is stupid enough to offer him 5-600k then he can go, as much as I love him, we’ve got him covered with the emergence of WHE, Thomas and Stephenson.

Like hell we can’t. You don’t pay a premium for a player that plays less than 1 in 3 games over 3 years, no matter how good he is. Why would we? It’s not like other clubs will be knocking his door down with the knowledge of his pars defect, ankle, and soft tissue injuries. If a club is stupid enough to offer him 5-600k then he can go, as much as I love him, we’ve got him covered with the emergence of WHE, Thomas and Stephenson.
Agreed. It would be something along the lines of what Geelong do with Menzel imo.

If Elliott was fit and firing, would have loved to see him alongside WHE, Stephenson, De Goey up forward this year. How lethal would that have been!!

If you want to ignore the speculation then why are you in a thread dedicated to speculating on Tom Lynch?

This thread is not dedicated to Lynch. There is another thread for that.

Plenty to talk about regarding trade and free agency other than speculating in total ignorance about whether Lynch will join us.

It pretty much is.
Plenty to talk about regarding trade and free agency other than speculating in total ignorance about whether Lynch will join us.
Yeah ok, let’s speculate in total ignorance about other trades! That’s much more sensible :drunk:

If Elliott was fit and firing, would have loved to see him alongside WHE, Stephenson, De Goey up forward this year. How lethal would that have been!!
It’s the dream isn’t it? But it’s looking increasingly like just that. A dream :(

I reckon we could use another clearance mid in our rotations. We often perform poorly at centre bounces. We're playing a lot of Sidebottom in there and I reckon it would be nice to see him play more wing. And also to retain the luxury of De Goey forward. Probably not the most popular opinion but if we got the right player cheap i'd pull the trigger.

What positions do you think we need to target? Who would you look at?

I reckon we could use another clearance mid in our rotations. We often perform poorly at centre bounces. We're playing a lot of Sidebottom in there and I reckon it would be nice to see him play more wing. And also to retain the luxury of De Goey forward. Probably not the most popular opinion but if we got the right player cheap i'd pull the trigger.
I had this point of view up until Sier debuted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah me too. That was the biggest tragedy of his recent hammy. DeGoey, WHE, Thomas, Stevo and Elliott is a deadly combo.

I had this point of view up until Sier debuted

Yeah and that's a fair point too. There is a lot of merit in continuing to fast track his development. I'll be frothing if he can get up into the 20-30 possession games. He's a high impact per possession player. It may make more sense to draft a midfielder for that succession planning.

Love Jamie and what he brings. . . but . . .

He can't bring anything if he's constantly injured.

How long is too long?

I'd stick fat. There's so much to be gained. It's worth the risk.

It's the back injury factor that scares me , , , that lower back weakness puts extra strain on the hammies.

I appreciate all that but if we get him right look out! Could be a bit like Gray at Port Adelaide. I just wouldn't give up on a guy with that talent so easily. The talent pool in the AFL isn't so deep you can readily replace that on a list.

I appreciate all that but if we get him right look out! Could be a bit like Gray at Port Adelaide. I just wouldn't give up on a guy with that talent so easily. The talent pool in the AFL isn't so deep you can readily replace that on a list.
Not giving up on him Quick he is a top level talent and a tremendously hard matchup when fit.

Just very, very concerned.

Not giving up on him Quick he is a top level talent and a tremendously hard matchup when fit.

Just very, very concerned.

I think your concerns are warranted mate.

I still think we send him to the best medical team OS for a second opinion.

Imagine this guy playing every finals game?

100%

The back is the issue they're both related.

We should cut our losses and look elsewhere. For the hefty price tag probably a good time to.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Elliott wants too much in his contract it changes the discussion a bit. We shouldn't over pay; but we should try and retain him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back