List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this idea because if we kick more goals than the opposition we should win more often than not, may even be more than often.

Thoughts you splendid kenty?
You're not up to speed with the modern game. Goals are so 2018. These days the real glory is in winning the inside 50 stat.

I think you’ll find that GC will trade Wright if they receive a very good offer. If not, they are more than happy to keep him as a required player waiting in the wings. He’s only 23 after all.
It would probably be that simple if he wasn’t on $600k per year. As it stands now, they’ll probably look to use him as a salary dump so they can spread that cash to their genuine stars so they don’t end up in a messed up salary cap situation in a couple of years.

It would probably be that simple if he wasn’t on $600k per year. As it stands now, they’ll probably look to use him as a salary dump so they can spread that cash to their genuine stars so they don’t end up in a messed up salary cap situation in a couple of years.

I'm not sure I would want to pay that much in the salary cap for Wright.

You may be correct. I read an article that Melb clubs are lining up to get him which increases his trade value. The article Also said the Suns are quite happy to have him as a backup KPF given his young age.
Time will tell.

I'm not sure I would want to pay that much in the salary cap for Wright.
You wouldn’t. You’d offer him a deal like Hawthorn did and give him extra years on a reduced salary.

You may be correct. I read an article that Melb clubs are lining up to get him which increases his trade value. The article Also said the Suns are quite happy to have him as a backup KPF given his young age.
Time will tell.
Sorry for the intrusion guys thought id drop by and give some info on a couple talls pies are looking at.
About 80% sure Wright is back in Melbourne next year either with you guys or essendon, sun's will probably pay 1/3 of his contract.
Schache is the one from us that looks likely to head to the pies, did have early interest from the dons but it's seemed to cool down. Would come pretty cheaply.

Sorry for the intrusion guys thought id drop by and give some info on a couple talls pies are looking at.
About 80% sure Wright is back in Melbourne next year either with you guys or essendon, sun's will probably pay 1/3 of his contract.
Schache is the one from us that looks likely to head to the pies, did have early interest from the dons but it's seemed to cool down. Would come pretty cheaply.

im willing to give Wright a crack But if his salary is as high they say, not so sure, Would suns really cover half to save half? I’m not convinced they would and would better off keeping as depth. but Schache oh god no lol.

I actually want us, there’s a few in here, to move Moore forward. McDonald from melb will be traded for sure for salary dump, he could play defence for us.

Still would like us to trade our 1st rounder and next years to move up.

Scache would want to come bloody cheap. Obviously the pick would be a nothing pick but you’d hope $ would be very extremely low.

I reckon he has got the skill set and athleticism (much more than wright), but honestly just looks to lack the competitiveness and drive.

Wouldn’t go near the bloke. Quit GWS mid year to force a trade back to home state and hasn’t been able to make it work there.
He quit GWS in the off season not mid season because they refused a reasonable trade deal when he wasn’t likely to be best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame about McCarthy, I thought with his talent and skill set he would have a quality career. The fall out between him and GWS and now walking away from Freo seems to show there's some problems there and I doubt he gets another look at AFL level. Do feel for him as he probably couldn't of ended up at worse clubs in terms of being a young KPF, drafted to GWS who had Patton, Cameron and drafted Boyd and Lobb in the same draft as Cam and then went to Freo who have Tabener, Cox, Hogan, Lobb and imo have been one of the worse clubs at growing talent over the last few years (in fairness since about 18/19 they've improved).

Somewhat unfortunate for us as in different circumstances I think he could've been a great target for us. 194/195cm forward (which is what he is, neve understood the make him a mid stuff) with good hands and beautiful set shot for goal, even when kicking more than 40m, which would be a rare commodity for our forward line.

He quit GWS in the off season not mid season because they refused a reasonable trade deal when he wasn’t likely to be best 22.

Whatever the case, he sat out the entire 2016 AFL season while being contracted to GWS to force a trade.

im willing to give Wright a crack But if his salary is as high they say, not so sure, Would suns really cover half to save half? I’m not convinced they would and would better off keeping as depth. but Schache oh god no lol.

I actually want us, there’s a few in here, to move Moore forward. McDonald from melb will be traded for sure for salary dump, he could play defence for us.

Still would like us to trade our 1st rounder and next years to move up.
I don't think they would cover as much as half but they will deffinetly pay some of it.

Scache would want to come bloody cheap. Obviously the pick would be a nothing pick but you’d hope $ would be very extremely low.

I reckon he has got the skill set and athleticism (much more than wright), but honestly just looks to lack the competitiveness and drive.
Schache is on decent coin unfortunately. He has all the skills just gets pushed off the ball to easily and hasn't shown. The willingness to crash packs.

Not sure why you think he wasn’t likely to be best 22? He’d kicked 35 goals for them that year and was firmly in their plans moving forward at that point...

Thorth?

Schache doesn't have to be better than our best backs to make him worth getting - only better than fifth or sixth to improve the team and add depth.
Wright's a bit different as he will only play FF or CHF so he needs to be better than....? Maybe Moore.
McCarthy ditched GWS because he wanted to get back to WA so if Eagles don't want him he is probably cooked.

Schache doesn't have to be better than our best backs to make him worth getting - only better than fifth or sixth to improve the team and add depth.
Wright's a bit different as he will only play FF or CHF so he needs to be better than....? Maybe Moore.
McCarthy ditched GWS because he wanted to get back to WA so if Eagles don't want him he is probably cooked.

Schache the defender? interesting call, may be a better choice for utilizing his assets given his temperament as a fwd isn't really suited (lacks aggression at the ball/contest/man).

Thanks for your input.
Interested to know your source but if correct, it’s interesting about 2MP.
The Pies were interested in Schache when he was leaving Brisbane but I thought we may have cooled given his form or lack thereof at the Dogs.

Shame about McCarthy, I thought with his talent and skill set he would have a quality career. The fall out between him and GWS and now walking away from Freo seems to show there's some problems there and I doubt he gets another look at AFL level. Do feel for him as he probably couldn't of ended up at worse clubs in terms of being a young KPF, drafted to GWS who had Patton, Cameron and drafted Boyd and Lobb in the same draft as Cam and then went to Freo who have Tabener, Cox, Hogan, Lobb and imo have been one of the worse clubs at growing talent over the last few years (in fairness since about 18/19 they've improved).

Somewhat unfortunate for us as in different circumstances I think he could've been a great target for us. 194/195cm forward (which is what he is, neve understood the make him a mid stuff) with good hands and beautiful set shot for goal, even when kicking more than 40m, which would be a rare commodity for our forward line.
He’s listed at just 192cm.

Thanks for your input.
Interested to know your source but if correct, it’s interesting about 2MP.
The Pies were interested in Schache when he was leaving Brisbane but I thought we may have cooled given his form or lack thereof at the Dogs.
Have a couple of friends in recruiting and draft circles. Were manly at one club but have now moved on so get some more widespread info these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back