List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did go back a few pages but couldn’t see - sorry if I missed it

Where did the Schache talk come from anyway, was it just because he’s not getting a game at the Dogs behind Bruce/Naughton?

Apparently Mihocek to Fremantle, and Schache to the Pies APPARENTLY from Virgin Dog
Mihocek to Freo is bigger chance than Schache to Pies btw - I think you're more likely to end up with Wright, and Schache elsewhere (or even stay), but you are enquiring is all I know. Bit like how Jordan Roughead was being linked to West Coast, and looked a good chance, before they went with Hickey and you guys picked up Roughead instead. No one can really guess what will happen outside of the fact that these players are currently linked to those clubs

Mihocek to Freo is bigger chance than Schache to Pies btw - I think you're more likely to end up with Wright, and Schache elsewhere (or even stay), but you are enquiring is all I know. Bit like how Jordan Roughead was being linked to West Coast, and looked a good chance, before they went with Hickey and you guys picked up Roughead instead. No one can really guess what will happen outside of the fact that these players are currently linked to those clubs

Mihocek to Freo & Eddie still Prez would tip me over the edge I think.

Have always maintained that good/bad/indifferent pay up for the Membership, but that would break the back.

Sorry about the FFS. Bit of an overreaction. Just frustrated that people don’t realise we could have moved up over Quaynor in the draft.

it’s the exact same situation as Reef.

Just frustrated with this whole Beams saga. It’s properly bitten us in the ass. I didn’t care for a while, but after you realise the depth of how much hes fu**kkkkkked Us. It’s mental.
The deal was very ordinary in hindsight but what we were trading for was an AA, premiership, elite midfielder that had good years left in him. We always had a first rounder coming to us. We all know how it turned out, utter cr@p, I didn’t necessarily agree or not with it but the deal had merit and ended in worst case. Maybe we didn’t know how bad Beams was or we thought we could fix him. The only positive is we have a keeper from the first round of that draft in Quaynor. As it stood we would have to use our first in any event to get him, unless you know something different.

The deal was very ordinary in hindsight but what we were trading for was an AA, premiership, elite midfielder that had good years left in him. We always had a first rounder coming to us. We all know how it turned out, utter cr@p, I didn’t necessarily agree or not with it but the deal had merit and ended in worst case. Maybe we didn’t know how bad Beams was or we thought we could fix him. The only positive is we have a keeper from the first round of that draft in Quaynor. As it stood we would have to use our first in any event to get him, unless you know something different.

Nobody doubts the talent Beams had at the time of the trade and certainly would make the team better.

BUT - how his problems weren’t known/due diligence done/ignored has turned into complete negligence by those involved at the club.

I dont know his contract status so this is purely speculative. But what are our chances of chasing/landing Jeremy Finlayson?

I remember there being a lot of chat about him being steak knives in the Treloar and Adams trades, and in hindsight i wish we pursued that a bit more aggressively. He's not a number 1 key forward, but he is fits the mould of one type we need.

I dont know his contract status so this is purely speculative. But what are our chances of chasing/landing Jeremy Finlayson?

I remember there being a lot of chat about him being steak knives in the Treloar and Adams trades, and in hindsight i wish we pursued that a bit more aggressively. He's not a number 1 key forward, but he is fits the mould of one type we need.
His contract expires at the end of this season, and he was just dropped despite being one of their only goalkickers last week. He could be a chance for us to swoop. Still only 24

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose checkers....
I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave.
Let's face Mihocek proved in his first season he was a capable AFL player.

Yet the club choose to keep him on the rookie list and not promote him (presumably for cap reasons) for 3 seasons. He is worth so much more than a minimum salary.

Yet the club choose to keep him on the rookie list and not promote him (presumably for cap reasons) for 3 seasons. He is worth so much more than a minimum salary.
If we lose checkers will confirm how bad our list management is.

[QUOTE="Robroy22, post: 66552071, member: 137177"
Except that both Lynch and Boyd could also take contested marks yeah very similar.....not. Schache was more like a young, slower version of Buddy...good on the lead but not into body contact. Much better kick than Buddy and he would have had development coaches drooling, thinking they just needed to teach him a few tricks....unfortunately they never could. Interesting to see if someone actually takes Schache on to try and teach him how to be a defender....
[/QUOTE]

I watched him quite a bit at junior level and reckon you are being revisionist based on his exploits at AFL level.

Regardless I’d be willing to pick him up for a very late pick as he probably offers more than Cox/Cameron even on exposed form and without any further growth.

I reckon we’ve also got the perfect coach in Pebbles to work with him and stop trying to teach ruckwork. (I’d also try to get Clokey in a mentor type role)

Why would we lose someone we want to keep (Checkers)? IF we're enquiring about Schache (I shudder)....and IF Freo is inquiring about Checkers....it means nothing. Deals will be done at the end of the season and with the space we're about to create by clearing out so much dead wood (sorry fellas but the ones leaving have been given an inordinate amount of opportunities already) will be more than enough to maintain anyone on our list that we should want to.

VD is just fishing and hoping that they can clear Schache out for something decent. If we regard Schache like they regard say...Mayne...then you sort of have the type of fishing that VD's doing. (Deep sea)

We need to reward this bloke and not shaft him any longer...3 year deal, promote to senior list and pay him the $ he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back