List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for a fresh set of eyes...Steve Silvagni to replace Hine anyone? Carltons emerging list of midfielders & tall forwards is all his doing before they shafted him.
I’d prefer Graham Wright. He has a good record at the Hawks. Only now after topping up for several years have they fallen away but I’d cop that to win 3 flags in a row.

I noticed the Saints have dropped Jack Lonie.

I've always rated him. Skillful and a good goal sense.

Seems to have fallen behind Butler in the pecking order.

I think a genuine crumbing forward is our biggest hole. Even more so than a key tall. Would love to make a play for him.

I think a genuine crumbing forward is our biggest hole. Even more so than a key tall. Would love to make a play for him.
Agree that we're in desperate need of a crumbing forward.

Lonie is a very good player, would love him at the Pies.

We targeted him didn't we, after 2018? It seemed like a cheap Elliott back up, and people had no idea who he was.

Nonetheless he signed with the Saints and he started 2019 quite good but unfortunately when he gets a gig, he looks somewhat selfish. Doesn't look to pass it, ridiculous shots for goal, etc.

He's solid, but how good is he actually? Most goals he's kicked in a year is 16, and he's woefully inaccurate
Better than Atu, Cal Brown or JT will ever be. He was a 3rd round draft pick, only ever had a couple of big games, if we can get him cheaply, why wouldn't we? He surely wouldn't command too much in return

Better than Atu, Cal Brown or JT will ever be. He was a 3rd round draft pick, only ever had a couple of big games, if we can get him cheaply, why wouldn't we? He surely wouldn't command too much in return
I haven't given up just yet on Atu, but you might be right about the others (definitely are about JT).

I'm apprehensive about adding another butcher in front of goal, but he'd likely come very cheap

JT is having a bad year as are a host of other Pies players. Is today the day we finally click? I'm staying positive.
Hoping Murphy plays. I have a feeling he will.

Stop bagging our players and coach. Please support our team.
Go Pies!

JT is having a bad year as are a host of other Pies players. Is today the day we finally click? I'm staying positive.

Go Pies!
Most people arent bagging the players and coach, we just want to become a successful club that wins a few and remains up there. We are a long ways off it, and big changes are needed both at coaches, list management and playing level. Criticism is allowed, we aren’t snowflakes. I’m hopeful we can solve some issues in the next two drafts with reef, daicos and some other picks, but many including me believe changes are needed, no 1 being Hine, it’s time.

I’m not really a Schache fan - don’t think he’s the answer by any means in isolation

There’s plenty to work with there though - just turned 23, averages over a goal a game. His best years should be well in front of him.

IMO we need 2 mobile forwards of that height.
Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer Graham Wright. He has a good record at the Hawks. Only now after topping up for several years have they fallen away but I’d cop that to win 3 flags in a row.
Wrights drafting record is actually pretty poor. His ability to maintain a list to fill needs via trade can’t be questioned, but he’s certainly not an upgrade on Hine from a drafting perspective.

Most people arent bagging the players and coach, we just want to become a successful club that wins a few and remains up there. We are a long ways off it, and big changes are needed both at coaches, list management and playing level. Criticism is allowed, we aren’t snowflakes. I’m hopeful we can solve some issues in the next two drafts with reef, daicos and some other picks, but many including me believe changes are needed, no 1 being Hine, it’s time.
To be successful, every business must evolve and changes in personnel and strategies forms part that process. A professional football club is no different. Change is not a dirty word.

Wrights drafting record is actually pretty poor. His ability to maintain a list to fill needs via trade can’t be questioned, but he’s certainly not an upgrade on Hine from a drafting perspective.
Yeah fair point. He has definitely plugged holes well by cherry picking players from other clubs.
Mind you, he hasn’t too many high draft picks at his disposal either given their list strategy.

Go Pies!

Yeah I'm with ya....lets try and enjoy it eh? Love to see a Pies team play with some positivity.

Surely one day Hogan wakes up to himself and realises his career won’t be forever. I’d hope the club at least has a word to him and his manager to see if he could be a good fit. He is a very very good footballer that could be had for dirt cheap, his professionalism is what needs to be worked on.

Rumour was we enquired last year. Maybe this is the year.

Surely one day Hogan wakes up to himself and realises his career won’t be forever. I’d hope the club at least has a word to him and his manager to see if he could be a good fit. He is a very very good footballer that could be had for dirt cheap, his professionalism is what needs to be worked on.

if he was a low cost buy (4th round pick) he is worth a punt. anymore than that and he isnt worth it..imo I think his boat has sailed and he'll never be a star.

and I cant see freo letting him walk for that.

The only thing is you risk a Beams 2.0 scenario.

their flags were built on high picks. Buddy, Roughead, Lewis and Hodge.

Mitchell was a mid 30's which was a great pick considering how he turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back