List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronke knows how to kick goals cost us nothing
I would prefer Sexton
But
If we don't get casbolt were crazy , straight away we're back in the hunt
If not him McGovern is also out of contract buts gonna cost what we can't afford

Carlton have Curnow ,casbolt , McGovern and McKay , pittonet, de koning and Kreuzer out

Casbolts a free hit and with maynes money on the table
That's where it should go

With a forward line of him Cox and checkers with stepho ,and de goey last two years
Coxy needs a foil

We should be going for a threepeat Now
But
We backed Reid
We went beam's
In summary
Marks inside 50 are golden

Kelly's not ready
Tohill s not ready
all know Cameron's not the answer
we ain't getting Jezza
wrights a dud

2 years with a option
front loaded
700 to 800 over 2
perfect fit

PERSPECTIVE LISTS WILL BE Cut AND WE NEED TO LOSE MAYBE 13 players
Over 150 free agents

I’m not sure where to start...

Nevertheless I need to say.... I disagree... Strongly.

Last edited:
Finlayson soft as butter and not a KPP in the true sense, more like a James Stewart, kind of in between a flanker and a KPP. There is an obsession re a KPP, I get it but we also need small fast guys to lock it in. We have a lot of small marking types not pacy pressure machines who can also kick goals.

We don’t need a 60 goal KPF... if indeed we can afford one anyhow.

But having Mihocek, and say Finlayson as two mobile 20-30 goal a year forwards playing high up and De Goey in the goal square is enough.

Mihocek a ruck forward Finlayson

Stephenson De Goey Elliot

That forward line... with a speedy small as the 7th forward laying tackles inside 50.... is neither too tall or too small or too slow. That forward line... with Sidebottom rotating in and out with Stephenson and De Goey... would be a handful I reckon

If we can trade up and get a draft hand of 2 first rounders plus McInnes, while also jumping on some young out of contract players like Collier-Dawkins, Petruccelle, Stack, etc that’d be huge and set up up very well going forward.

Though we have to get a Lot of Points for the 2021 Draft with Nick Daicos seen as Possible Number 1 Draft Pick in that Draft

We don’t need a 60 goal KPF... if indeed we can afford one anyhow.

But having Mihocek, and say Finlayson as two mobile 20-30 goal a year forwards playing high up and De Goey in the goal square is enough.

Mihocek a ruck forward Finlayson

Stephenson De Goey Elliot

That forward line... with a speedy small as the 7th forward laying tackles inside 50.... is neither too tall or too small or too slow. That forward line... with Sidebottom rotating in and out with Stephenson and De Goey... would be a handful I reckon

Cameron and Himmelberg get the best defenders at GWS. Finlayson benefits from that. He wouldn't get that at Collingwood and I reckon would struggle as a result.

Petruccele is an interesting option. Dropped off the radar a bit. Super quick but don’t recall what his foot skills are like?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s one of those players that drop in and out of games.

Last year, he played 20 games. 36 shots on goals. 38 tackles. He’s more of a genuine crumber.

Cameron and Himmelberg get the best defenders at GWS. Finlayson benefits from that. He wouldn't get that at Collingwood and I reckon would struggle as a result.
I’m not saying he’s a no 1 forward, but I don’t think we a. Have the money and b. Nor do I Think a KPF themselves will solve all our issues by themselves.
That’s why I think cheaper gettable forwards like finlayson will Still add value but allow us to get another player and or hold more draft hands. I don’t see brown/Cameron coming in and boom we best team all of a sudden. All depends on what clubs ask for in return obviously but I’m open to finlayson or even wright although he’s got a huge monetary contract..We aren’t the only one in the market for a KPF. I think a lot in here think Brown will be cheap because he hasn’t been playing but I can’t see north letting him go cheaply... Just don’t want us selling the farm on one player thinking it will fix everything

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love RCD. He has been unlucky. Was twice on cusp of debut this season but got injured both times. Hardwick is a huge wrap for him. Re-watched his highlight package in his draft year. Very good. 194cm midfielder. Fast, very good disposal and hard to tackle. There will be a lot of bargains on offer as clubs start to reduce their lists.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d happily give up our 2nd round pick for him. He’s genuinely what we need imo.

A couple years of mentoring under Pendles then develop with Sier, T.Brown, Reef & N.Daicos.

I’m not saying he’s a no 1 forward, but I don’t think we a. Have the money and b. Nor do I Think a KPF themselves will solve all our issues by themselves.
That’s why I think cheaper gettable forwards like finlayson will Still add value but allow us to get another player and or hold more draft hands. I don’t see brown/Cameron coming in and boom we best team all of a sudden. All defends on what clubs ask obviously but I’m open to finlayson or even wright although he’s got a huge monetary contract..
Finlayson will be at the Cats before he considers the Pies

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s one of those players that drop in and out of games.

Last year, he played 20 games. 36 shots on goals. 38 tackles. He’s more of a genuine crumber.

I reckon he’d be worth a look at. If we could get him cheaply.

His speed is insane.

You only had to look at Rohan last night. His closing speed on opponents put so much pressure on his opponents and forced them into error.

In reality that’s something that Stephenson should be able to do (but doesn’t).

Sorry mate, but all those players would be starting 22 at the pies. I think you might have blinkers on

When we are at full 22, name the positions each of those take on the field. Im finding it hard to slot them all in , plus they wont be in our top 15 best players. Any of them

Other players out of contract :

- Marcus Adams. Still only 27 years old. He’s a good defender. Will come cheap.

- Bailey Fritsch. Got dropped this week of an incident. 17 goals from 12 games. If he played for us, we probably could drop WHE & JT. He fills our medium forward needs.

- Oscar Mcdonald. I prefer him over Tom Mcdonald. Just because of the price tag.

- Jack Petrucelle. Speedy forward. He would come cheap. Can snag a goal.

- Jack Graham. An upgrade on Wills & Sier atm.

- Riley Collier-Dawkins. My biggest want this trade period. Loved him in his draft year. I think he’s a seriously good chance of leaving too. They played their entire rookie list in front of him.

- Lachie Young. Young KPP from the dogs. Has shown great signs down back and played KPF this year too.
RCD looks like a ripper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back