List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don’t get Brown who is a proven goal kicker, who are we getting while we still have Pendlebury & Sidebottom playing or are we going to the draft and planning for a few years away?

Because this current crop is clearly lacking a tall forward to stay competitive. So who is it?

How did we get Pendlebury and Sidebottom? We went to the draft.

You won't like it mate, but I'd go to the draft and get a young key forward (or two) and keep doing it till we get a Lockett!

and that’s a fine option, but if we want use what’s left of generational players including arguably the greatest magpie ever + a 26 year old mil-a-years, we need a ready made tall forward urgently.

You think internally they don’t acknowledge they are going through change?

Anyway, with Frawley nearly done, Sicily knee reco, Stratton gone - their back half is much more pressing than their front half.

I think "internally" they EXPECT to be better. That's why they're not falling for the NM and Ramanaskas palava.

It’s still a reco. It’s major surgery. That’s my point. Either way I agree we need to do due diligence. I’m on the fence with brown but if he came reasonably cheap and medically cleared sign me up. We’ve got nothing else.
The issue isn’t about whether Browns surgery was major or minor though, that’s the real point. Major surgery that can be fully recovered from with no major lasting effects is not an issue. Minor clean up surgery to a knee that’s an ongoing issue, and could potentially be degenerative is way more concerning. Anything to do with cartilage rings alarm bells for me way more than a repaired PCL. Hell, you can even play footy without a PCL if push comes to shove.

The issue isn’t about whether Browns surgery was major or minor though, that’s the real point. Major surgery that can be fully recovered from with no major lasting effects is not an issue. Minor clean up surgery to a knee that’s an ongoing issue, and could potentially be degenerative is way more concerning. Anything to do with cartilage rings alarm bells for me way more than a repaired PCL. Hell, you can even play footy without a PCL if push comes to shove.

IF he had such Major Surgery then his Price be very cheap then?

I have no issue with Brown if he’s cheap. My beef was that the question marks on him made the trade price people were suggesting unreasonable.
If North have genuinely taken all contract offers off the table then they’ve no right to demand any extravagant trade price. As it stands, they’ve essentially delisted him, or as close to it as possible.
If his salary demands aren’t too extravagant, then welcome to Collingwood Ben.

As I said last night, time will tell.

But it’s pretty reasonable to assume that north said we will give you 3 years X $x, if you can do better we will entertain a trade.

You are looking at it from a different perspective.

But just remember, we have so much cap space it’s not funny. We are Cleary rebuilding for an extended stay at the bottom. From a list perspective it makes sense to trade a 27 year old that won’t be around to help us win finals when our kids mature.

Also, just wanted to point out as well. Before this year I don’t think Brown has ever missed a game due to injury.

Anyway, I’m just here for a discussion, so no need for any animosity peeps.

So a first year key forward to be our focal point. OK

Did I say that? Nope, I still can watch DeGoey and Mihocek and even Cox (and Kelly, Ruscoe and Wilson / Tohill) keep us moving forward whilst the top 10 KPF kid develops. At least that kid will have an upside and be able to be taught how we want him to play.

BB.....not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not saying that's a terrible strategy, but it comes with just as big a risk of failure, and an almost certainty of bottoming out when players like Pendles and Sidebottom retire.

Lets just be clear though. Jesse White and Q-Stick never kicked 60 goals in one season, let alone 3 consecutive seasons. Very different scenario.
Actually, Lynch kicked 65 goals in 2006 :x

Did I say that? Nope, I still can watch DeGoey and Mihocek and even Cox (and Kelly, Ruscoe and Wilson / Tohill) keep us moving forward whilst the top 10 KPF kid develops. At least that kid will have an upside and be able to be taught how we want him to play.

BB.....not so much.

Holy hell, this is a wind up yeah?

The Mihocek/JDG/Cox setup is what we should keep going with?

Im not saying that's a terrible strategy, but it comes with just as big a risk of failure, and an almost certainty of bottoming out when players like Pendles and Sidebottom retire.

Lets just be clear though. Jesse White and Q-Stick never kicked 60 goals in one season, let alone 3 consecutive seasons. Very different scenario.

Can people stop using the retirements of Pendles and Sidey as reasons for drafting KPP? All players have a lifespan and we've played games this year without these two....so just leave it out of the conversation.

As I said last night, time will tell.

But it’s pretty reasonable to assume that north said we will give you 3 years X $x, if you can do better we will entertain a trade.

You are looking at it from a different perspective.

But just remember, we have so much cap space it’s not funny. We are Cleary rebuilding for an extended stay at the bottom. From a list perspective it makes sense to trade a 27 year old that won’t be around to help us win finals when our kids mature.

Also, just wanted to point out as well. Before this year I don’t think Brown has ever missed a game due to injury.

Anyway, I’m just here for a discussion, so no need for any animosity peeps.
No animosity we are all still suffering PTSD from the beams Trade

His surgery was minor Dave, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s less concerning.

Then hopefully the Club makes the Right Call when he does a Medical.

Though I would not 100% Sure they make the Right Call

BB.....not so much.
But that's the problem. Those 3 aren't taking us forward. And if we aren't getting McDonald or perhaps Cox in this years draft, its a stab in the dark whether they'll be any good anyway. Logan McDonald was the one. But he went and stuffed it all up by turning into a gun too soon. If we could somehow move up to get him id be all for leaving Brown alone, but the chances of that are virtually nil.

His age means in terms of miles on the clock....Cox has only been playing AFL 6 years Checkers is in his 3rd senior season.
With respect I think that's an oversold theory, and he's "only" 130 games anyway. Cox may have only been playing 6 years but he is nearly 30 and 7-footers generally don't have long AFL careers. Checkers only 3rd season of AFL but has been playing senior footy since he was 18, at a lower level where his preparation and injury management wouldn't have been anywhere near as good.

With the exception of the Dogs, every recent Premier has had a reliable, goal kicking key forward. One is being presented to us (almost) on a platter and people still aren't happy. You can walk and chew gum at the same time, too. No reason we can't trade for Brown but still add some younger players through the draft or pick up other handy recruits.

His trade value is as low as it has been his entire career and is still only 27. The club will do their due diligence and should be doing everything they can (within reason) to get him.

No animosity we are all still suffering PTSD from the beams Trade

Thanks. Just don’t want to overstay my welcome. You guys have been pretty good with me lol.

Re Browns knee, he had a reco when he was 18 or 19. It was in his draft year and he was overlooked. Moved to Melbourne and played for Werribee for the next couple of years.

Remembering that he covers more k’s than anyone in the comp, he is managed pretty diligently. Usually starts pre season late and works into the season.

We can’t we get Brown and also go to the draft?

I think I've already said thats fine Shawbs...but let NM pay his salary. They've created this mess...CFC shouldn't be "guilted" by supporters falling for a quick fix. BB is welcome to come to CFC if he costs us nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back