List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like McCarthy wants to play for South Fremantle, so guess thats that. He will stay in WA. And that kid Jason Carter who was just suspended for drink driving, would likely be out the door too.

Cam McCarthy’s manager Colin Young says his client will lobby to be able to play for South Fremantle in the WAFL in coming weeks after reaching an agreement to move on from the Dockers.

And Young client Jason Carter is in a similar boat to McCarthy, potentially on the way to an early resolution that will see him move on from the club as early as next week.

McCarthy denied that ex-GWS forward McCarthy had quit the club, saying discussions over his future had been in the works for three weeks.

McCarthy is keen to play on somewhere else, but given lists might shrink next year that could be a challenge.

Young told Moneyball on Friday that when it was apparent his client wouldn’t be going into the club’s Cairns hub, the decision to move on was mutual.

“He is basically a victim of the virus. The club’s training groups were divided and he wasn’t in the main training group and it’s hard to get into it when you are not in it. Myself and his dad have been talking since a month ago about what happened if they took limited numbers into the hub.

“We had a discussion with the club in the last three weeks about whether he was in their long-term plans and could he be playing?

“He was brought to the club as a third forward and unfortunately has never had the chance to play that role for a long time in the side, so when the club said he wasn’t going into the hub we asked for an early answer on his contract. They said they wouldn’t offer him one, so we said we might as well get the deeds of settlement.”

“We are disappointed he hasn’t been given the opportunity to play forward over the long term, but I have spoken to the WA footy commission about him trying to seek an exemption. He is a South Fremantle player so he would like to play for South Fremantle immediately. He would have just been sitting there at the club, not in the hub, and basically been running laps, so what would he be training for?”

Carter was suspended by the club for drink-driving last weekend and, as a category B rookie, would be unlikely to win another deal.

A decision could be made on his future as early as next week after he was banished from the club until the end of the season.

Last edited:

I wouldn’t say no to Wright or Schache if we were only giving up say 3rd round picks.

I think that we need to try for one of the talls in the draft, Mcdonald, Cox, etc plus Reef.

If we trade for some young tall depth while still drafting an elite KPF and move on Reid and our Cox I’d be all for it.

Knowing us though we’ll only trade for Schache and be annoyed when he doesn’t work out again and still have no young talls.

I think with Schache , yes he hasnt set the comp on fire. However if getting someone in who can present and be that number 1 tall target and do the bare miniumum we need , it will set up our mids and smalls to have more input. At the moment there is no structure at all. People have knocked Cox in the past for not clunking them and just tapping it down. Thats all we need at the very least. More would be better , but sometimes one piece/player can make a difference to the rest of the team

The only instance I’d be happy for the club to take Schache would be if he was thrown in as steak knives in a pick swap of our ‘21 first rounder for their ‘20 first.

The only instance I’d be happy for the club to take Schache would be if he was thrown in as steak knives in a pick swap of our ‘21 first rounder for their ‘20 first.

Dogs have a hard run in, if they finish 12/13/14th a pick swap would be good for both. They match their academy kid and a top pick next year they can actually use. We hopefully draft one of the best talls in the draft, McInnes and daicos next year. Win win for both clubs.
Steak knives Schache for depth to replace Reid/Cox seems like a smart move.

Dogs have a hard run in, if they finish 12/13/14th a pick swap would be good for both. They match their academy kid. We hopefully draft one of the best talls in the draft plus steak knives Schache for depth to replace Reid. Win win for both clubs.
I wouldn't take Schache for free - complete potato.

Sorry for the intrusion guys thought id drop by and give some info on a couple talls pies are looking at.
About 80% sure Wright is back in Melbourne next year either with you guys or essendon, sun's will probably pay 1/3 of his contract.
Schache is the one from us that looks likely to head to the pies, did have early interest from the dons but it's seemed to cool down. Would come pretty cheaply.

My Josh is coming back to the dungeon! I will go heat the baby oil.

I agree that he hasn’t lived up to his potential. BUT, in that hypothetical steak knives where we could get a top draft tall, McInnes, and Schache as a backup option to replace Cox and Reid? Wouldn’t say no.
Is he going to be in our premiership team, wonder what sort of coin he would want?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a poor man's Corey Galt.
No, he’s not. The only thing Gault was capable of was out the back, joe the goose goals, and that was only in preseason games. Schache, while not a great forward by any means, at least has some tools at his disposal that could make him serviceable. Possibly even the idea of putting him in defence could work. I’m surprised the dogs haven’t tried him there yet tbh. As a free hit I’d be willing to do the experiment.

Not sure why you think he wasn’t likely to be best 22? He’d kicked 35 goals for them that year and was firmly in their plans moving forward at that point...
I could be wrong but my memory was that he was dropped for Patton in the last 2 games who came back from a knee injury and he was going to be preferred option in the future.

Jackson Callow (Tasmania/Allies)
193cm | 95kg

A traditional, hulking key forward who thrives on the physical aspect of the game. Callow was a standout for Tasmania at Under 16 level, and more recently in the NAB League having booted 24 goals from 14 games for the Devils in 2019. At 95kg, he is well built and hardly beaten one-on-one, but also has the clean hands and speed to mark strongly at full tilt. Callow has garnered heavy opposition attention thus far as Tasmania’s spearhead, but does not hold back on the aggression to shake it off. He can work on sometimes reigning that aspect of his game in, while also sharpening his consistency in front of goal.

This guy sounds good. Draft him.

Jackson Callow (Tasmania/Allies)
193cm | 95kg

A traditional, hulking key forward who thrives on the physical aspect of the game. Callow was a standout for Tasmania at Under 16 level, and more recently in the NAB League having booted 24 goals from 14 games for the Devils in 2019. At 95kg, he is well built and hardly beaten one-on-one, but also has the clean hands and speed to mark strongly at full tilt. Callow has garnered heavy opposition attention thus far as Tasmania’s spearhead, but does not hold back on the aggression to shake it off. He can work on sometimes reigning that aspect of his game in, while also sharpening his consistency in front of goal.

This guy sounds good. Draft him.

Like Billy Morrison;)

Last year Schache kicked 23.8, and had bags of 4, 3 goals x4, 2 goals x3 and only went 3 games goalless.

This year he had one game and had 11 touches and snagged 2. The other was in pouring torrential rain where they got smacked and Bruce was also pathetic.

He has 66 goals in 55 games. Dogs are going to either delist or give him for steak knives.

He's a beautiful set shot, left footer as well, and will want to stay in Melbourne. He's 199cm and 94kg, was touted as the #1 prospect and would nearly have gone before Weitering had Carlton not had a plethora of KPF's.

All his game lacks is aggression, I'm sure we could build some mongrel into him. He does not lack polish or class and has a knack for bobbing up and kicking goals.

If we are so desperately screaming for a KPF, he would make a perfect foil as the #2 option. Seriously.

Sorry for the intrusion guys thought id drop by and give some info on a couple talls pies are looking at.
About 80% sure Wright is back in Melbourne next year either with you guys or essendon, sun's will probably pay 1/3 of his contract.
Schache is the one from us that looks likely to head to the pies, did have early interest from the dons but it's seemed to cool down. Would come pretty cheaply.

I can just imagine Essendon getting Wright. They'd have a forward line of McKernan, Stewart and Wright. Hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back