List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we lose someone we want to keep (Checkers)? IF we're enquiring about Schache (I shudder)....and IF Freo is inquiring about Checkers....it means nothing. Deals will be done at the end of the season and with the space we're about to create by clearing out so much dead wood (sorry fellas but the ones leaving have been given an inordinate amount of opportunities already) will be more than enough to maintain anyone on our list that we should want to.

VD is just fishing and hoping that they can clear Schache out for something decent. If we regard Schache like they regard say...Mayne...then you sort of have the type of fishing that VD's doing. (Deep sea)
Fishing for what? It’s not like this forum has any say in what happens....

He’s above 192cm and isn’t a ruckmen so to collingwood supporters he looks good👍
11 disposals, 6 marks and 1.1 before the end of the 3rd qtr. Thats not to be sniffed at for a debutant....

Mihocek to Freo is bigger chance than Schache to Pies btw - I think you're more likely to end up with Wright, and Schache elsewhere (or even stay), but you are enquiring is all I know. Bit like how Jordan Roughead was being linked to West Coast, and looked a good chance, before they went with Hickey and you guys picked up Roughead instead. No one can really guess what will happen outside of the fact that these players are currently linked to those clubs

Freos list is full of talls - why do they want Mioceck.
It makes no sense - I’m not buying it.

Freos list is full of talls - why do they want Mioceck.
It makes no sense
McCarthy just been delisted, Hogan might be heading into defence. They're pretty bare up forward outside of Taberner and Lobb. Especially since Darcy is injury prone, meaning Lobb often steps into the ruck

[QUOTE="Robroy22, post: 66552071, member: 137177"
Except that both Lynch and Boyd could also take contested marks yeah very similar.....not. Schache was more like a young, slower version of Buddy...good on the lead but not into body contact. Much better kick than Buddy and he would have had development coaches drooling, thinking they just needed to teach him a few tricks....unfortunately they never could. Interesting to see if someone actually takes Schache on to try and teach him how to be a defender....

I watched him quite a bit at junior level and reckon you are being revisionist based on his exploits at AFL level.

Regardless I’d be willing to pick him up for a very late pick as he probably offers more than Cox/Cameron even on exposed form and without any further growth.

I reckon we’ve also got the perfect coach in Pebbles to work with him and stop trying to teach ruckwork. (I’d also try to get Clokey in a mentor type role)
[/QUOTE]

Actually I saw quite a bit of him that year (mainly playing for Vic Country) but I also was involved with the Falcons and we'd done some scouting on the Bushy's earlier on in the year. Then he didn't play for whatever reason when we played up at Craigieburn. So, yeah I 'spose I watched him 6-8 times live that year. I remember a couple of the boys saying he likes to lead to that right pocket all the time rather than straight at them.

Except that both Lynch and Boyd could also take contested marks yeah very similar.....not. Schache was more like a young, slower version of Buddy...good on the lead but not into body contact. Much better kick than Buddy and he would have had development coaches drooling, thinking they just needed to teach him a few tricks....unfortunately they never could. Interesting to see if someone actually takes Schache on to try and teach him how to be a defender....
Buddy handles body contact fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know it’s bad when there’s this many posts about a first gamer haha. Boy it’d be nice to have him in the forward line this week though..

McCarthy just been delisted, Hogan might be heading into defence. They're pretty bare up forward outside of Taberner and Lobb. Especially since Darcy is injury prone, meaning Lobb often steps into the ruck
Why would Hogan move into the backline when Pearce and Logue seem to have those positions locked up. They also have Cox, who seems part of their future plans

Buddy handles body contact fine

Lol...no he doesn't and he never has. He only started using his bulk in the past 3-4 years when his running was starting to wain. Now he's so big that he can't get on the park without straining something. Don't get me wrong, great player but he didn't have to body up because he was so much faster than everybody else. Next you'll be telling me he's a wonderful contested mark!

Not surprised really. He’s already shown he can play against senior bodies.
16 disposals, 10 marks, 2.1.... drive a dagger through my heart.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back