List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are all sorts of options to gain a 2nd rounder. I'm interested in the thought process for how we improve our draft hand.

I like the idea of swapping our 1st rounder next year for the Doggies 1st rounder this year. That means we don't lose next years first on Nick Daicos. That could allow us to package two 1st this year into one higher 1st enough pick to target our key forward of choice (McDonald for example). Or just gives us the opportunity to add two 1st rounders + Reef which is a really solid start on improving the quality of our youth on our list. Especially when you consider Nick Daicos is coming next year.
Yeah, the fact that we have a NGA prospect this year and a F/S next year should give us some flexibility, and hopefully we're proactive with what we do. We could be rolling into 2022 with some legit young stars.

There are all sorts of options to gain a 2nd rounder. I'm interested in the thought process for how we improve our draft hand.

I like the idea of swapping our 1st rounder next year for the Doggies 1st rounder this year. That means we don't lose next years first on Nick Daicos, Doggies don't lose theirs this year on Ugle-Hagan (win win). That could allow us to package two 1st this year into one 1st high enough to target our key forward of choice (McDonald for example). Or just gives us the opportunity to add two 1st rounders + Reef which is a really solid start on improving the quality of our youth on our list. Especially when you consider Nick Daicos is coming next year.
That trade with the doggies makes sense, but they need more picks or will go into deficit. They don’t have a second rounder.

I’d like to see if we can trade it for Freo’s first. Guarantees a top 10 pick

Other players out of contract :

- Marcus Adams. Still only 27 years old. He’s a good defender. Will come cheap.

- Bailey Fritsch. Got dropped this week of an incident. 17 goals from 12 games. If he played for us, we probably could drop WHE & JT. He fills our medium forward needs.

- Oscar Mcdonald. I prefer him over Tom Mcdonald. Just because of the price tag.

- Jack Petrucelle. Speedy forward. He would come cheap. Can snag a goal.

- Jack Graham. An upgrade on Wills & Sier atm.

- Riley Collier-Dawkins. My biggest want this trade period. Loved him in his draft year. I think he’s a seriously good chance of leaving too. They played their entire rookie list in front of him.

- Lachie Young. Young KPP from the dogs. Has shown great signs down back and played KPF this year too.
Love RCD. He has been unlucky. Was twice on cusp of debut this season but got injured both times. Hardwick is a huge wrap for him. Re-watched his highlight package in his draft year. Very good. 194cm midfielder. Fast, very good disposal and hard to tackle. There will be a lot of bargains on offer as clubs start to reduce their lists.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love RCD. He has been unlucky. Was twice on cusp of debut this season but got injured both times. Hardwick is a huge wrap for him. Re-watched his highlight package in his draft year. Very good. 194cm midfielder. Fast, very good disposal and hard to tackle. There will be a lot of bargains on offer as clubs start to reduce their lists.

Was interesting that Carlton did the deal to get in front of Richmond for Stocker with RCD the next pick

How does McDonald and Callow compare to other KPF in previous drafts?

I understand we need one, but if they don’t project to be stars, I’d Ben weary on paying too much just to get ahead

I still think finlayson is a good option, still young and mainly because he’s VERY gettable for a cheap price. Is he Tom hawkins? No, BUT if we go into next year with finlayson, kelly, checkers that’s a VERY decent 3 tall setup who can still provide pressure, and won’t blow our budget Allowing either another pick in draft or more funds to grab another player, maybe even have a crack at Breust if hawks are keen to rebuild! . That also gives us good options to kick long to contests and “get out kicks” to avoid overuse by hand! Add degoey, Stevo and 1 more (preferable crumber) that’s looking good to me
Like but very unlikely

Just read that A Freo go into deficit for their first rounder next year and Adelaide also have GWS’ first rounder
[/QUOTE]
Adel have GWS 1st round this year?

geeze if crouch leaves and they get pick 2 compo (absoulte rort), they will win the flag next year 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That trade with the doggies makes sense, but they need more picks or will go into deficit. They don’t have a second rounder.

There are plenty of ways for the Dogs to attain more points without us getting involved in that. Worst case is they go in to deficit, but that really wouldn’t be too much of an issue for them if they have two first round picks next year anyway. It won’t kill them to have their first pick pushed back.

I liked Casboult as an option a few years ago, which was a very unpopular opinion. However given he’s 30 years old now, I’d hope we have no interest.

Ronke is terrible. One flash in the pan game and literally has done nothing since and struggling to get a game. Hard Pass.
Ronke knows how to kick goals cost us nothing
I would prefer Sexton
But
If we don't get casbolt were crazy , straight away we're back in the hunt
If not him McGovern is also out of contract buts gonna cost what we can't afford

Carlton have Curnow ,casbolt , McGovern and McKay , pittonet, de koning and Kreuzer out

Casbolts a free hit and with maynes money on the table
That's where it should go

With a forward line of him Cox and checkers with stepho ,and de goey last two years
Coxy needs a foil

We should be going for a threepeat Now
But
We backed Reid
We went beam's
In summary
Marks inside 50 are golden

Kelly's not ready
Tohill s not ready
all know Cameron's not the answer
we ain't getting Jezza
wrights a dud

2 years with a option
front loaded
700 to 800 over 2
perfect fit

PERSPECTIVE LISTS WILL BE Cut AND WE NEED TO LOSE MAYBE 13 players
Over 150 free agents

Last edited:

That would work. I'm not so much tied to the idea of how we do it. I just think we have the chance to maximise our position this year by avoiding the loss of our first rounder next year on Nick Daicos. For me you end up with two first rounders. You can either use both of them this year, or it puts you in a position to trade up either prior to the draft or in a live trading scenario. Both are wins. One scenario you get a highly rated key forward, otherwise you stock up on best available. It provide us options with the overarching objective of obtaining a quality developing key position player, or doing your best to get to one.

I still think finlayson is a good option, still young and mainly because he’s VERY gettable for a cheap price. Is he Tom hawkins? No, BUT if we go into next year with finlayson, kelly, checkers that’s a VERY decent 3 tall setup who can still provide pressure, and won’t blow our budget Allowing either another pick in draft or more funds to grab another player, maybe even have a crack at Breust if hawks are keen to rebuild! . That also gives us good options to kick long to contests and “get out kicks” to avoid overuse by hand! Add degoey, Stevo and 1 more (preferable crumber) that’s looking good to me

Finlayson soft as butter and not a KPP in the true sense, more like a James Stewart, kind of in between a flanker and a KPP. There is an obsession re a KPP, I get it but we also need small fast guys to lock it in. We have a lot of small marking types not pacy pressure machines who can also kick goals.

The best recruit we can get
The guy who should have been with us for the last 2 years is now available as a unrestricted free agent
His name is Levi casbolt
Imagine playing as a tall defender with him and Cox
Best dukes in the caper
Then we can play our best centre clearance player where he should be
Then we're a serious contender

A forward line of
Sidey casbolt checkers
Stepho Cox ronke( Sydney)

So you get ronke from Sydney he's out of contract for change

ADAMS roughy Howe
Maynard Moore quaynour
Crisp de goey daicos
Sidey casbolt checkers
Stevo Cox ronke

Grundy treleor pendels

Greenwood magden Elliott ?

Now that's a good team

I’ve been a long term fan of the Casboult option. Was always a versatile and cheap option in terms of trade and wage. But he was a spud according to many. Now hit turns out he is a reasonable defender too

Likewise a couple of years ago I liked the Finlayson option. Was neutral on the Weiderman option when he was kicking 1 goal a week in the VFL. But they’ve now both become decent players. And they would cost heaps more to prise out

Can’t wait til they are superstars. Need to look at the Wrights, Branders, Baltas, Coleman-Jones etc... now whilst they are still early in the system

We bombed out with Q Lynch a while back. And J White was only serviceable. But we’ve had some great value with Dunn and Roughead... taking the ready to play, experienced 28 year old KPP option is of value too.

Just like Casboult was a couple of years back (31 by commencement of next season) and someone like 27 year old T McDonald or 29 year old D Talia is now.

Get the young KPFs in and the older KPDs in.

But some BigFooty traders want Buddy Franklin ability at Jack Frost prices

If we can trade up and get a draft hand of 2 first rounders plus McInnes, while also jumping on some young out of contract players like Collier-Dawkins, Petruccelle, Stack, etc that’d be huge and set up up very well going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back