List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate from Perth was out in Freo on Saturday and bumped into McCarthy. He knows his sister too so they were talking. Said he’d be happy playing wafl however this may have changed since Saturday?

Neither are a KPF nor play like one. Would be handy 2nd talls perhaps and finlayson is a swingman so adds depth. But def doesn’t solve our main target issues. Adding both would mean we would have checkers, finlayson, kelly, McCarthy, prob a few to many 2nd/3rd talls especially considering we have Degoey. Kelly the only one that may develop into a key target with time, maybe.

one of our issues is our forward structure. Can’t have to many 2nd/3rd marking forwards, need a good mix of KPF, 2nd talls and crumbers for a good forwardline

Derm basically doubled down on these comments last week when on SEN. Reckons he was GWS’s best contested mark by a long way and has just been played wrongly for a long time.

Derm basically doubled down on these comments last week when on SEN. Reckons he was GWS’s best contested mark by a long way and has just been played wrongly for a long time.

I’m open to looking at him, but I was simply saying he’s not a KPF. Second tall yes. Worth looking at given our salary cap but given the Beams deal, can understand our concerns!

Tyler Keitel in the WAFL is the closest I can think of. Has 16.8 from 6 games so far - 196cm key forward. Been a consistent performer for years now, and is 24 years old. Not sure he's on Riccardi's level, but would be one of the better state league KPFs

Agree with this, think him and McBean in Sth Aus doing similar, Mcbean is a good age and 202cm I think. Might be worth another opportunity and both come at no cost,
at worst give us two big forwards as a backup if required on the cheap. trade in another key forward and take McInnes and instantly better for talls, A smart crumber and not a bad draft year

Agree with this, think him and McBean in Sth Aus doing similar, Mcbean is a good age and 202cm I think. Might be worth another opportunity and both come at no cost,
at worst give us two big forwards as a backup if required on the cheap. trade in another key forward and take McInnes and instantly better for talls, A smart crumber and not a bad draft year

Get Lord McDonald or Thilthorpe. Trade up the draft the best we can and get best forward available with what pick we can get. Big forward plus Reef will be a great year of drafting! Daics to come!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes and in terms of cap space he would still would require a little something.
If he’s on the rookie list most, if not all his salary would fall outside the cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both gettable for rookie picks I'd think (depends what happens with list reductions this year). Very low investment, high reward types. I was surprised McBean wasn't picked up last year honestly

Worth looking at given our salary cap but given the Beams deal, can understand our concerns!
The Beams deal should not taint other list building opportunities, simply because of mental health issues being a possible commonality. Beams cost exponentially more. The two situations are not even remotely similar.

If Longmuir has concluded McCarthy is unsalvageable then I think that should be a red flag.
I also agree with this.

If Longmuir has concluded McCarthy is unsalvageable then I think that should be a red flag.
Absolutely, hence why you probably wouldn’t even consider him without a full trail over the summer before committing.

How’s Schache been going in scratch matches? Surely Bruce HAS to be dropped on form?
Schache has now played 2 scratch matches, with the latest being basically a full load (the first was returning from a groin injury, not sure he played the whole thing). He's kicked 2 or 3 goals in both games so far, but Gia (our VFL coach) has been raving about his impact up the ground especially. On what I've been reading, I'd expect Schache is back in this week.

The fact Bevo wasn't even sending Bruce into the ruck last weekend, instead wasting Dunkley in there, tells me he may be getting dropped this week, although who knows.

No point discussing McDonald, only way we get that high in the draft is losing Moore or de goey which won't happen. would be happy to try and sneak up towards 5/6 somehow to possibly get barrass if he is still there. reminds me of naughton. Does not appear any stand out tall forwards after the first 2, starting to get that bad feeling hyne and co will pick mid again and then reef and then KPFs from the 3rd round on. maybe Reid around our first pick. Twomey has Cox around 23 so no real push for tall forwards early from him.

hi everyone just in regards to our next generation picks, can someone inform me?
Everyone is talking that we will pick up Reef this year his a first rounder, yet in call twoomeys latest phantom draft his not in the top 25.
On the other hand he has selected another of our nga players at pick 12 Mcinness 192cm seems like a good player? Has he flown under the radar in this forum?
We could pick 2 nga in the next draft.

By the way i would not touch Mcarthy from freo unless we get him on minimum match payments, and we use a pick over 50 or 60.
How many times have we been burnt ie Wells Beams even Mayne at a lesser extent.

hi everyone just in regards to our next generation picks, can someone inform me?
Everyone is talking that we will pick up Reef this year his a first rounder, yet in call twoomeys latest phantom draft his not in the top 25.
On the other hand he has selected another of our nga players at pick 12 Mcinness 192cm seems like a good player? Has he flown under the radar in this forum?
We could pick 2 nga in the next draft.
That is the same person, Reef McInnes 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back