List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Last half-hour of trade decade, Blair Weaver Jr's phone rings.

"Ok, Blair. You win. 9 and 10 for Shai."
"I'm sorry. That deal is no longer on the table."
"But you said last week-"
"We live in a different world to last week, David."
"(Sigh) What do you want?"
"I wanted pick 3, but you couldn't deliver. So I want 9, 10 and 16. For Shai and 21. Upgrade my pick. Make me feel better for letting me down."
"I'll call you back."
"Clock's ticking."

ring-ring

"David."
"Fine. 9, 10 and 16 for Shai and 21."
"I'm sorry. That deal is no longer on the table."
"But five minutes ago - "
"We live in a different world to five minutes ago, David."
"(Sigh) What?"
"9, 10, 16 and 26 for Shai, 21 and 29. And... (clicks fingers at Toce. Toce: "Simpson") And Simpson."
"I like Simpson."
"You don't know who Simpson is. Gimme Simpson and I'll throw in pick 39."
"You're screwing me, Blair."
"Come on, David. Do this deal and you get Shai Bolton and you get to save football in Fremantle. Say it with me, you purple pancake-eating mother****er."
"(Sigh) Fine."
"Great. (Click). Phone it in."
Straight to the gold post room rate ! Purple pancake eating MF 😂

100% spot on! The thing is that it's completely realistic to say that Ashcroft is legitimately the number 1 prospect. The club needs to be ruthless in either scenario of: trading picks with them in a strong draft. Or making them pay top dollar for Ashcroft. It's not an Irving Mosquito scenario where they won't match and it blows up in our face and we end up with a Dud. All 17 clubs are our enemies and competition. The Bears just won a flag and with their history of getting injured players like Daniher, Ah Chee and McCarthy back on the park are now the no. 1 destination club in the comp.

Any chance to weaken them should be taken. After we bleed GC, WCE and Freo of their picks/ points we're basically the only game in town to deal with. In the "strongest draft in 20 years" we need to be ruthless in all our dealings. There's no reason we can't win out in every trade with Rioli, Baker, Bolton even Graham and especially with our pick swaps. Teams are desperate to get in on this draft, so we should only deal with desperate clubs willing to pay the inflated premiums. No more of these unbeneficial swaps where Max Holmes pick becomes the Tom Browne pick being practically identical but losing a year. A pick swap should only be done where the potential hugely favours us. Leon Cameron is Sam Darcy's godfather and even he bid on him to make Bulldogs pay the price.

We need to be ruthless these next few drafts before Tassie joins because it's gonna be an added 10 years of misery if we balls up the rebuild like a North Melbourne. We've got 3 years of pain but get it right and we should bounce back. Here's hoping Toce is at least competent
No mercy should be our new mantra.

It is pick 18. We never had access to the father son and academy players, consider them as NOT picks. Pick 18 is still pick 18.

incorrect

Not sure what your propaganda piece is about in terms of agendas.

afl draft picks in the real world only have value when used in a afl draft. They have no value on a monopoly game or elsewhere

in the 2024 draft when Ashcroft gets matched a pick(Bris when matched(their pick in the context of their selection)) replaces the previous pick and 18 becomes 19 in terms of order that entity with the ability to select is then 19th in the pecking order to pick human flesh of a age to have their opportunities to play AFL provided.

So in the real world when it comes down to the basket of draftees pick 18 becomes 21 or later regarding order of selection, 18 is BS!!!

remember after the draft these selection pick opportunities are worthless because they are tied to the AFL draft event and once a player has been selected, that is it that player cannot be selected anymore or again unless it could be matched. So the picks are only linked to the supply of human players that clubs in the AFL want to have access to via the AFL 2024 draft

Last edited:
First hour of trade period:
Give us your 1st round pick Brissy and F1 or we are bidding on Ashcroft with pick 1.
Here's a bunch of late picks of equal value.

Ok, that's now sorted, time to have a chat with Fremantle and Gold Coast.

Last edited:
In 2022 he was one of the best on the ground ?
Which game are you thinking about
Champion Data rated Warner’s ‘22 GF as no. 3 since they started using the current system in 2010.

Shuey, Dusty (2017) then Warner. The caveats being that if 2020 numbers were adjusted for normal game time Dusty gets up to third and also Warner’s performance was flattered by dominating when the game was already done.

Was going to ask about that.

Would it be a disaster if we selected him and got ‘Mosquitoed’?

I don’t think so but depends who we leave on the board. My logic is that he won’t be ‘Mosquitoed’ as it would look terrible for them. You wouldn’t want to leave a Lalor to risk that play for instance.

I do believe Essendon would have contingencies in place you would think and trade pick 8 for multiple selections but if they don’t, panic would set in.

I don’t think we would risk it in real life, but it’s great to think about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a shock. His romantic beach walk with your mate UpTheGutz must have gone extremely well.
At the end of my bucks night I shared a cab with his now bride, who was then a Price is Right model. She was just lovely and dropped her off at her place, and wished her well.
Was also at that game when his foot went through Jeff White’s face. Nasty.

Zero experience with this bloke before but probably something he’d be more likely to get right, given his tailored audience

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back