List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Richmonds dilemma - do they give up pick 9 or 10 to Geelong to get Dekooning - which will be on traded to Western Bulldogs for Bailey Smith - unbelivable position that Richmonds has - Western Bulldogs are looking for an early pick for Bailey Smith !
no SDK is a dudd

Swans with pick 17 & 19. I doubt they are going to play the long game and draft kids.
Expect there to be a big curve ball.

Don't think it will be Stringer - as he's just another Will Hayward.

It is pick 18. We never had access to the father son and academy players, consider them as NOT picks. Pick 18 is still pick 18.
Sure, but in terms of value that draft picks give, pick 18 is worth more points than 21. If we didn't trade with them, they'd only have pick 21 worth of points to use on Ashcroft. So that's what we should base our 3rd rounders on. 39 41 57 is still a surplus to the Lions.

Warner's value dropped $200k p/a easily having failed on the big stage again. Logan McDonald will rue not going to Freo for the big bucks too because his value is now in the sh1tter
warner was ranked equal 3rd in player rankings 2022 afl grand final

I wouldn't do either of the deals you suggest.

I've said it before, over and over...
The CEO of Richmond has make his thoughts on the Rioli and Bolton trades very clear, and I quote:
"We're in control of that, they're contracted players and it will take an extraordinary deal for us to make those moves"

It amazes me that people think we're going to be disappointed and not going to get exceptional deals after the CEO states that.

I think people in here have a crazy impression of what ‘exceptional’ looks like. Pick-6 on its own in a very strong draft is an exceptional deal for Rioli. I think we will go for more and we may well get it as GC are desperate. But don’t be surprised if it’s pick-6, and if it is I won’t be disappointed as it’s more than a player of his ilk and age has ever been traded for. Saad, Jordan Dawson, Jordan Clark .. all a lot less and all a lot younger when traded.

As for Bolton … he’s a goal kicker and much harder to replace. Also much younger. I’d push hard for a top-5 pick and another late first. Or 2 x top-10 picks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brisbane cannot get Ashcroft and Marshall if we select Ashcroft at #1 and any club select Marshall before pick 25.

The maximum a club can go into deficit is 985 points. (The value of future pick 18) and they are about 1800 points short for both kids. We can make them pay up with their F1 as well as pick 18 or they likely miss Marshall. Other alternative is they trade out a player.

They’ll easily get the points …. clubs always do. Lions will do Deven Robertson and a F2 for something like Eagle’s pick-23.

Then they’ll do 18 and 23 for a heap of later picks - job done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ll easily get the points …. clubs always do. Lions will do Deven Robertson and a F2 for something like Eagle’s pick-23.

Then they’ll do 18 and 23 for a heap of later picks - job done.

If we bid on Ashcroft(1) and Marshall @< pick 25 they would still be 1800 points in deficit and not even the trade your suggesting will get them those points. I’m not suggesting we force this issue but make them believe we are prepared to do it. Force them to negotiate with us. It’s in Brisbanes best interest anyway, as they’ll get a 600 point discount if we don’t bid. Pick 18 & their F1. We give them enough late picks to give them points to get Ashcroft+ and they can make up the rest by other means.

getting GC's 20 will be key as well. To have the last pick of round 1 and the first pick of round 2 is a strong position.
Pick 20 may not be last pick of round 1. Remember compensation picks can be added at that point.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back