List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Mentioned a week or so back that I could see Brisbane keeping their R1 pick this year and using their 2025 R1 pick as a way to get more points in this draft. So I wouldn't be shocked to see us go down that path and try and move our late picks this year for that.

We'd still get a favourable deal and would still be able to have a haul in this draft

I think this would be Brisbane’s preference and personally mine as well.

I know we’ve seen deals where we walk out with like 10 picks in the top 30 but that’s simply not realistic. The likelihood is we take 5-6 players in the top 25, and aim for 4-5 more top 25 picks in next years draft.

We will have a surplus of picks this draft and would be seeking to trade some into next year anyway, and Lions having pick 18 means that next years first round is going to be either the same or higher than this year.

Plus, it would pull in our other picks forward when 18 is wiped out; where it would be pushed back if kept.

Think it makes a lot of sense.

Mini got to be the favourite.......

In the event that Skip gets the gig, how do the dominoes fall for out players wanting trades? Graham stays, Baker opens the door to Freo?
Coach has to support & player has to want to go, but decent case for sending gaffers away during trade period. Coaches coach, let recruiters recruit.

Reckon mini gets it , has actually held the reins . His resume is sec to none , asst thru a triple premiership dynasty. He ll go alright to I reckon
Agree.

Will be the best outcome for us also, hope Mini is prepared for the unforgiving fans in the West, especially for the start of his tenure!

If Eagles are smart they pick McQualter, than it helps get the players in the trade period also young & can grow with a group. he has been part of a dynasty, Skipworth pedigree is not as good yes he was there at the Pies flag but he was at Essendon who terrible during that period.

If Eagles are smart they pick McQualter, than it helps get the players in the trade period also young & can grow with a group. he has been part of a dynasty, Skipworth pedigree is not as good yes he was there at the Pies flag but he was at Essendon who terrible during that period.
Agree.
Mini also has a fair bit more media exposure and experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to a friend in the west who has strong WAFL connections, WCE have King and Mini as the 2 leading candidates.

Some concern over King over the collapse last week and some doubts on his ability to handle the stresses of head coaching.

Now that Mini is set to be WC coach, expect Baker to head to the Eagles.

Wouldn't discount Bolton to the Eagles either now btw
13 for Baker & Pick 3 for Bolton would be a big win.

Than Draft Jagga/FOS with pick 1/3 and with pick 6 go for a need like a Key Forward in Armstrong. 2 mids and key forward sets us up nicely imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back