List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This will be one of the most corrupt trades if this gets approved. Trading in a player and receiving higher picks has never been done before.

This one in 2015 saw GWS dump 4 salaries and send what turned out to be pick 10(H MacKay) to the Blues in return for what turned out to be pick 33(Mitch Hibberd) and what turned out to be pick 17(Jarrod Berry) in the then future 2016 draft.

So the Blues turned picks 17 and 33 into Harry Mackay by taking on 4 spuds on silly wages. They are still trying to wash the last one through their list now. 😂😂😂

1633081643746.png

This one in 2015 saw GWS dump 4 salaries and send what turned out to be pick 10(H MacKay) to the Blues in return for what turned out to be pick 33(Mitch Hibberd) and what turned out to be pick 17(Jarrod Berry) in the then future 2016 draft.

So the Blues turned picks 17 and 33 into Harry Mackay by taking on 4 spuds on silly wages. They are still trying to wash the last one through their list now.

View attachment 1250896

Holy shit. I’ve never seen it laid out like that.

I had a Blues co-worker spruiking SOS and how he used his inside knowledge to of GWS’ contract situation to get all these trade bargains. Lol. I’d forgotten about that until now.

It’s pretty clear in hindsight that the giants were just off loading a pile of bad contracts ; who better to buy them than the idiot who wasted 4 top 10 picks to recruit them.

Considering the giants practice of offering first round picks a two extension on 300k+ that’s about 2.5 mil wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually miss the bad old days.
The trade period is a bit boring when you've only got so many list spaces and a good draft hand.

I miss the days when we would have been excited at the thought of Mitch Wallis, Rhylee West, Dunstan, etc being available for peanuts.

Would Adelaide take 15 and 17 for pick 4? That gets them Dawson and still a decent first rounder. Likely still gets us one of Ward/Callaghan and we keep 7
If it was Richmond with pick 4, would you be happy with 15 and 17?

The trade period is a bit boring when you've only got so many list spaces and a good draft hand.

I miss the days when we would have been excited at the thought of Mitch Wallis, Rhylee West, Dunstan, etc being available for peanuts.
Edge of ya seat sort of stuff if you heard a name linked to tigerland.
I remember all of d Gaspar, k Johnson, n Brown and Cousins and to a certain extent Chris knights
I thought those names were the shit back then... every year I thought we would win the flag
Amazing.
Hope we draft the shit out of this year. No more quick fixes

If it was Richmond with pick 4, would you be happy with 15 and 17?
Depends. Considering someone has nominated them for a trade then yes. This way they can trade 17 for Dawson and Keep 15.
If they trade 4 for Dawson what's their next pick?

Would Adelaide take 15 and 17 for pick 4? That gets them Dawson and still a decent first rounder. Likely still gets us one of Ward/Callaghan and we keep 7

The Adelaide locals would melt down the Rundle Mall silver balls in fury if they agreed to that.

Our pick 7 would have to be included in any deal to trade up as things stand.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Adelaide locals would melt down the Rundle Mall silver balls in fury if they agreed to that.

Our pick 7 would have to be included in any deal to trade up as things stand.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So how else do they get Dawson?
You can't make top end talent chose your club but then not work out a suitable trade to bring that talent in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually believe with some smart trading and Next year 1st we can have 2 picks in the top 4 or top 3 this year and still keep a pick in 20s
And all this was brought about by a fortuitous draw in our last H+A game against the Hawks.. wonders never cease...❤

Bending over would be accepting pick 38 for CCJ when we've got the ways and means available to upgrade one of current picks to a better pick while also nabbing Tarrant and maintaining the compo we get for Chol.
Forget the Chol compo it's irrelevant with any trade we do for Tarrant.
Using the draft calculator as a guide and let's assume the club values CJ at pick 20.

That's picks 20+28+50 = 1862 points

That equates to picks 19+20, which = 1860. Effectively we're paying pick 19 for Tarrant.

It’s pretty clear in hindsight that the giants were just off loading a pile of bad contracts ; who better to buy them than the idiot who wasted 4 top 10 picks to recruit them.
Glorious stuff.

It’s actually very common overseas in nba. No issue for mine
This really makes absolutely no sense at all

* Mcpherson only has 1 more year on his contract left and would be lucky to be on $400k
* Will Brodie will be off their books and no longer have to pay for peter wright
* Afl wont allow a trade for negative return specially after gifting them #19 they would stop that
* $200k salary cap dump for 1 year doesnt equal losing pick #19 which is a bloody good pick imo
* Easy just to delist him and if nobody picks him up just rookie list and gey $85k off the books

This really makes absolutely no sense at all

* Mcpherson only has 1 more year on his contract left and would be lucky to be on $400k
* Will Brodie will be off their books and no longer have to pay for peter wright
* Afl wont allow a trade for negative return specially after gifting them #19 they would stop that
* $200k salary cap dump for 1 year doesnt equal losing pick #19 which is a bloody good pick imo
* Easy just to delist him and if nobody picks him up just rookie list and gey $85k off the books

yeah it’s so dumb.
Heck give us pick 19 and we will take him

Or when we gleefully and quickly handed over pick two for Terry Keays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back