List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably because he f’ed up in Queensland and helped cost the club $100k.

Yeah it happened and he is probably sick of the consequences and reminders, overt or otherwise - fresh start at another Club is probably the best thing for him really.

Am I only one thinking cj is over rated and won't make it
We have as a Club invested quite a bit of time, wages, coaching, fines in CCJ...whether he makes it or not is a moot point...we just need some adequate compo for our investment in him...

GWS are very keen on Mac Andrew, who is likely to be available at Richmond’s pick-7, but won’t still be there at GWS’s pick-13. So their pick-2 is up for grabs, as GWS don’t need or want more midfielders.

So I can definitely see us packaging up 28, 38 & 42 (or a similar combo) to get Dogs pick-17. Then offer GWS 7 & 17 for pick-2 so we get Hobbs or Callaghan. GWS still get Mac Andrew at pick-7 and collect an extra first round pick in the process.

So we go to the draft with 2, 15, 26, 40 & 47.

If GWS are confident Mac Andrew gets to 7 they’ll do that deal and so should we, as nothing changes except we get Hobbs or Callaghan instead of Ward, and we get the same player as we would have at pick-15. We just don’t have the pick-17 but we may well get who we would have chosen at pick-26 anyway.

Get it done Tigers !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I tipped this,

You know we don’t have to trade for Tarrant right? Bringing him in as a UFA won’t effect 38 if we’ve already traded it to the Dogs in a deal for 17.

Ie.

Step 1. Trade 38+whatever else for 17
Step 2. Bring in Tarrant as a unrestricted free agent
Step 3. Laugh because they can’t tax a pick we don’t have
Pretty sure we are not actually awarded the pick until the end of trade period, once all the FA moves have happened

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon 90% of us are in that 10%
Lol.

What did Essendon give up for him...second or third round pick? And what's he done since going there apart from kick 7 when the Dogs took a 3 week break before the finals?

With respect I am going to take that as posturing.

So how can we negotiate to a better place.

Pies have lost their 2nd and third round futures so they have lost that advantage

I will take pick 22 for 38, 42 which is similar points.

I assume you want more and gravy so what do you want?
Agree the points are similar (pick 22 is worth 50 or so less if I remember correctly but the Pies don't really need more points and can lose a few points although they would lose some lower draft picks) but pick 22 is worth a lot more because of the player it gets you(and I think a lot of clubs would be interested). The tigers future 3rd a pick about 50 would not quite be enough. I think a future second a pick about 30 would be a little to high. So I think it might take a future 3rd going back the way of the tigers. Maybe a pick about 45. Feel free to change it up some more what do you think?

Last edited:
You know we don’t have to trade for Tarrant right? Bringing him in as a UFA won’t effect 38 if we’ve already traded it to the Dogs in a deal for 17.

Ie.

Step 1. Trade 38+whatever else for 17
Step 2. Bring in Tarrant as a unrestricted free agent
Step 3. Laugh because they can’t tax a pick we don’t have
Suspect 38 cannot be traded until the free agent window closes.

Why do we have to pick up Tarrant as a free agent though?
He doesn’t have a contract so we can sign him after the trade/draft period.
We have done that with Mansell, Stack ect.

Should have checked your post first....absolute dribble..... ahh well, Day 2, let's do it again.
So they gave me a choice; read every post in this thread as it happens on Day 2 of the trade borefest...or have a spot of heart surgery before lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back