List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should have taken it, that’s a great deal North and Adelaide will be duking it out for the bottom two spots over the next two years. North could really set themselves up with a deal like that
When every team with pick 1 says that they're open to offers, generally you can ignore that because it's only actually on the table if another club is stupid enough to sell the farm for it. Turns out this year another club was that stupid but north one upped them by turning it down. I'd be fuming if my club didn't take that deal

Jeez would have been great to get Tarrant at 25 or 26. We will still get some good footy from him no doubt but he touched us up a few times

Didn't need him with grimes rance astbury vlastuin broad?

Might be a handy pick up to unleash balta

N0rfs future 2nd is an excellent result tbh

Won’t matter if our midfield gets sh*t on again in 2022. Our backline has always been our strongest line

Agree hence the Mitchell gamble would be worth looking out if you could get a treloar like deal

Well well well, this is awkward.

Yep, they actually made this over on the Norf board.

Well, yea, probably a tad awkward, but no skin off my back/nose and happy to cop it. You win some you lose some.

Look after Taz, he’s one of the good ones. Good luck.

Last edited:

Adds insult to injury lol

Christ! He looks very, very good on the footage I've seen but how little faith does it show in your recruiting team if you knock back that deal?
"We've been set on him as no.1 since April so we haven't bothered looking at anyone else...."

Would be rioting if I was a Roos supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well well well, this is awkward.

Yep, they actually made this over on the Norf board.

But but, we did get their 2nd rounder in 2022 (likely to be around 19-23) they will finish bottom 4 north, plus we got pick 40 which is the start of 3rd round, plus threw Tarrant in for steak knives picks 42 and 47. We did well, don't think any tiger supporter would feel aggrieved with this deal, let's not forget he was uncontracted, so we won out on this deal and i for one luv it.

Those north numnuts were talking PSD they seem new to the trading game, players rarely go to the PSD. I had one north fan say take pick 38 or we march him to the PSD lol I said we will get pick 20 or a pick in the 20's and so I'm happy we got what we wanted a future 2nd rounder plus pick 40.

But but, we did get their 2nd rounder in 2022 (likely to be around 19-23) they will finish bottom 4 north, plus we got pick 40 which is the start of 3rd round, plus threw Tarrant in for steak knives picks 42 and 47. We did well, don't think any tiger supporter would feel aggrieved with this deal, let's not forget he was uncontracted, so we won out on this deal and i for one luv it.

Those north numnuts were talking PSD they seem new to the trading game, players rarely go to the PSD. I had one north fan say take pick 38 or we march him to the PSD lol I said we will get pick 20 or a pick in the 20's and so I'm happy we got what we wanted a future 2nd rounder plus pick 40 and Tarrant tied into the deal.
6 picks inside top 40 instead of in top 50 is cherry on the cake

38 & 40 for future Saints R2. Make it happen. They’ll need the points for matching 2 academy kids.

if they say no take Owens at 15 😂
I think we can do better than that , St Kilda's 2nd next year will most likely be around pick #30
There are going to be a number of teams coming for these picks on draft night and wouldnt surprise me if a team like Bombers / Carlton / Port . Stkilda see a player they rate and offer up their 2nd straight out for 1 of these picks.

Keep Powder dry unless its a great deal

You also changed that post to future third instead of future second.
What I will give you though is that you roughly had the crux of the deal worked out. Ill be less harsh on your mail in future. Still harsh, but just less.

No, he was way out. He changed to confirm it was future third for future 4th … a shocking deal for Richmond. Future 2nd is a great deal. So you can’t give him a tick when his prediction has us spewing but the reality is champagne corks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

3 x 1sts for a player that hasn't proved themselves yet. 2 x top 5 picks. Don't know if there's ever been a trade done for a player with that much collateral

Let’s cold light of day the Crows reported offer. Whatever cold light of daying something is, but it makes me feel like Ricky Gervais.

Crows are reported to have offered their 2021 and 2022 first plus Demons 2022 first in return for North 2022 second round pick and Pick 1 this year.

Horne looks the genuine pick one of this crop as matters stand, and probably better than and average pick one, thus the offer.

First thing is to work out the expected values of all the picks.

North would be giving up pick 1 and a pick with an expected value around 24, after father/sons etc.

Crows are offering Melbourne’s first which would have an EV around 18 right now after father/sons etc. So that is a 6 pick upgrade from 24. That would be worth 200 draft points, not actually that much in the scheme of things.

Then the Crows 2021 first pick is actually pick 6, worth 1751 draft points. And their 2022 first pick I would rate as having around the value of say pick 7 on draft night, or 1644 draft points. So if all those future picks fall around their expected value, Crows would be coughing up about 700 draft points surplus value to secure Horne. That is only the value of pick 27. I don’t think the offer is anywhere near as generous as it appears, and if Horne is as good as expected then:

A) Crows have made a very sensible offer, and

B) North were wise to reject it.

IMO. Remember too Crows will likely add two classy types in Dawson and Milera next season, as well as getting likely improvement from a load of young players. They have more upside than downside in 2022 imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back