List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally i think North are mad not to take that deal

Basically 2 x top 4 picks plus possibly another 15-18 pick

I have seen many junior stars dominate pre AFL and go number #1 and end up good players but rarely a Dustin Martin
Petracca is fantastic but has taken how long ? Also this kid is from SA and who knows if he doesnt ask for a trade in 3-4 years due to Norf collecting their 5th spoon or even leaving as a free agent in 7 years time.

If I was north
Yes but will give back our 3rd next year - Take it or leave it

Personally i think North are mad not to take that deal

Basically 2 x top 4 picks plus possibly another 15-18 pick

I have seen many junior stars dominate pre AFL and go number #1 and end up good players but rarely a Dustin Martin
Petracca is fantastic but has taken how long ? Also this kid is from SA and who knows if he doesnt ask for a trade in 3-4 years due to Norf collecting their 5th spoon or even leaving as a free agent in 7 years time.

If I was north
Yes but will give back our 3rd next year - Take it or leave it

I'd Horne is rowell/Walsh level why would they accept

I am not saying Mitchell isn’t worth getting just not with a first rounder. Pick 28+40. Which I doubt they’d accept. But I’d offer no more. Hawthorn are the ones wanting to move him on. Pay minimal price.
Its the Salary that's the main issue

Mitchell still has 4-5 years in him imo

38 & 40 is overs o think. Once the bids are matched that pick will come in 7 spots between the dogs and pies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As it stands, after Pies and Dogs matching, 38 & 40 become 35 & 37. Our earlier 2nd rounders also improve. It would leave us with 7, 15, 25, 26, 35 & 37. In effect, 2 first rounders, 3 second and first pick in the 3rd.

So, new options to consider:
38 & 40 for Bulldogs 23 ? Would give us a third hit in the Bazzo, Butler, Nevitt, Williams range.
Would have to do it pre-draft or very early in the draft.
Only gives Bulldogs 80 extra points but not too many others currently able to offer much more.
Ironically, Collingwood could be one who offers them the best deal.
They now have enough points, but will be only be left with picks 48 & 58 after matching.
Trading those late picks for 23 will protect their early 40s picks, so could have 41 as their next pick.

Personally, I think we're better off not worrying about that now.
Free up enough spots to take our 6 picks to the draft and trade them on the night.
Bulldogs need picks after matching, Saints & GWS need picks to match.
Saints also probably want more picks before the bids come. Carlton & Port also got no picks in that mid-range of the draft.
“Free up enough spots to take our 6 picks to the draft and trade them on the night.”

And if we trade some picks out we can keep spots open for SSP or mid season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As it stands, after Pies and Dogs matching, 38 & 40 become 35 & 37. Our earlier 2nd rounders also improve. It would leave us with 7, 15, 25, 26, 35 & 37. In effect, 2 first rounders, 3 second and first pick in the 3rd.
Actually, I am wrong as I didn’t account for the father son picks themselves. It actually becomes 7, 15, 26, 28, 37 & 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back