List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a dickhead. The only concern in the forward line is Jack aging. But which teams have 2 gun KPFs? Maybe Geelong but Porkins is no spring chicken. With Hopper and Taranto in the midfield Dusty and Bolton will spend more time forward. Then we have Cumberland, MRJ who are pups with lots of improvement to come. Barrett is a flog, it's probably one of the most dangerous forward lines in the comp if our midfield gives it the delivery.

You’ve gotta laugh. Geelong’s strategy doesn’t allow for long term deals, but does allow giving away 3 x first round draft picks and a 5-year deal for 28yo Cameron. Cameron will be 2-years older than these guys when his huge contract ends.

Not saying Geelong made a mistake, but I’d rather give 2 x 25yo that cost 3 x first round picks a 7-year deal than 1 x 28yo that cost 3 x first round picks a 5 year deal….

You get 14+ years total footy out of our deal compared to 5+ out of Cameron.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’ve gotta laugh. Geelong’s strategy doesn’t allow for long term deals, but does allow giving away 3 x first round draft picks and a 5-year deal for 28yo Cameron. Cameron will be 2-years older than these guys when his huge contract ends.

Not saying Geelong made a mistake, but I’d rather give 2 x 25yo that cost 3 x first round picks a 7-year deal than 1 x 28yo that cost 3 x first round picks a 5 year deal….

You get 14+ years total footy out of our deal compared to 5+ out of Cameron.

they hate us cos they anus

What inane dribble this is

Holes in our backline? D.Rioli took over for Houli in an AA year and we drafted a tall intercept player that had an impact in his first year. We’re having trouble figuring out how to fit Short in the backline and he’s a Jack Dyer medalist

And our forward line? It was rated as one of the best in the comp.. we were 4th on percentage and that was blooding in 2 new players and no Dusty

We’ve done it haven’t we? We’ve finally broken them

It’s a good time to be a tiger
Our forward line requires and influx of talent so much, We were only the highest scoring team of the year

He threw the first punch I'm just giving one back and to be frank it is a shite pod. Its immature, amateur and not particularly informative.

I know he has done a lot of work on it buts its got a long way to go still. It comes across as a bunch of nuff nuff Tigers supporter's in a circle jerk.

1. Drop the zoom format and do it as a pure podcast. I don't need to see what T71 looks like
2. Have a maximum of 3 people including yourself each week.
3. Decide what the pod stands for and what its trying to achieve.
4. Get some special guests on.
5. Have a set agenda for the home and away that listeners can relate to.

Just 😂

It was only the start of this week T71 was still saying Hopper was most likely going to Geelong which was the way he was leaning until meeting Dimma and Dusty.

You're a stuffen clown pal with a shite pod.
You are one jealous MOFO! like seriously. What did T71 do to you for you to be such a sad sack? Get a life

He threw the first punch I'm just giving one back and to be frank it is a shite pod. Its immature, amateur and not particularly informative.

I know he has done a lot of work on it buts its got a long way to go still. It comes across as a bunch of nuff nuff Tigers supporter's in a circle jerk.

1. Drop the zoom format and do it as a pure podcast. I don't need to see what T71 looks like
If its so bad, how about you pull your head out of your rectal passage and start your own! you know have a positive word to say about anyone. Such a negative Nancy. You sit behind your keyboard and piss and moan but I bet you won't make your own podcast. If you dont like it, don't listen. Other people enjoy it

Equalisation is not about equality of outcome, it’s
about equality of OPPORTUNITY.

Big and important difference.

Saints bring in Hannebery and Hill on a combined $1.6m per season. Carlton bring in McGovern and Martin on a combined $1.5m per season. We bring in TT and Hopper on a combined $1.5m.

It’s not our fault the Saints went for an injured player and a flaky outside wingman. It’s not our fault the Blues went for a forward who’d never kicked more than 30-goals and a flaky flanker. That was their decision.

Saints brought in Ryder, Howard, Crouch on a combined $1.5m. Blues brought in Saad, Cerra and Hewett on $1.7m. We brought in Nank, Prestia and Caddy on a combined $1.5m.

There was equal opportunity …. our club just made better decisions…. although the Blues decisions can still bear fruit.

It was only the start of this week T71 was still saying Hopper was most likely going to Geelong which was the way he was leaning until meeting Dimma and Dusty.

Terrible effort by you lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Equalisation is not about equality of outcome, it’s
about equality of OPPORTUNITY.

Big and important difference.

Saints bring in Hannebery and Hill on a combined $1.6m per season. Carlton bring in McGovern and Martin on a combined $1.5m per season. We bring in TT and Hopper on a combined $1.5m.

It’s not our fault the Saints went for an injured player and a flaky outside wingman. It’s not our fault the Blues went for a forward who’d never kicked more than 30-goals and a flaky flanker. That was their decision.

Saints brought in Ryder, Howard, Crouch on a combined $1.5m. Blues brought in Saad, Cerra and Hewett on $1.7m. We brought in Nank, Prestia and Caddy on a combined $1.5m.

There was equal opportunity …. our club just made better decisions…. although the Blues decisions can still bear fruit.

We planned this years ago. well not this exact trade. But the general thing of picking up good inside mid/s for a decent price. Can't remember which year but we went for Crouch, he took more $ at the Saints. From then we've been banking $500K per year for this deal. That's probably about $2million or so.
How do you bank the $? You pay extra to players early in their contracts in return for less $ later. It can blow up on you if they leave. But supposedly Dusty took more early to give us $ later. Probably 1/2 the list in that basket. Suddenly you have $2mil over 2 or 3 years that you can get from deals with your current players. Add in retirements etc and there is $1.5m per year to get you through until the Dusty and Lynch deals end.

This all means you have to plan ahead and be careful with your deals - salary and trades. Then when you know that a team is hitting a huge salary cap problem and it has lots of mids who you want you're all loaded up to trade. Hello Taranto and Hopper.

Most other clubs get desperate and jump too early or overpay to get someone now. They then have less to spend and fewer draft resources to trade. patience and careful planning = success in this game.

Definition of most likely

: more likely than not : probably "It will most likely rain tomorrow." or "Jacob Hopper is most likely going to Geelong unless something changes."

You don't like Rioli? only 25
Just wanted to double down on the young part
We planned this years ago. well not this exact trade. But the general thing of picking up good inside mid/s for a decent price. Can't remember which year but we went for Crouch, he took more $ at the Saints. From then we've been banking $500K per year for this deal. That's probably about $2million or so.
How do you bank the $? You pay extra to players early in their contracts in return for less $ later. It can blow up on you if they leave. But supposedly Dusty took more early to give us $ later. Probably 1/2 the list in that basket. Suddenly you have $2mil over 2 or 3 years that you can get from deals with your current players. Add in retirements etc and there is $1.5m per year to get you through until the Dusty and Lynch deals end.

This all means you have to plan ahead and be careful with your deals - salary and trades. Then when you know that a team is hitting a huge salary cap problem and it has lots of mids who you want you're all loaded up to trade. Hello Taranto and Hopper.

Most other clubs get desperate and jump too early or overpay to get someone now. They then have less to spend and fewer draft resources to trade. patience and careful planning = success in this game.
Should also be noted we have been in Tarantos ear for a number of years

I work with the father of one of his good friends (I’ve posted about it before) and we had been in discussions with him/ his management since as early as 2019

Damien Parrot just said he thinks we’ve offered Hopper 7 years at 800k
I don’t believe 800k for a second

Tiger71 can get confirmation? Surely not 800

Damien is just a mouth piece. He has very little inside mail as he has burnt alot of bridges in the past. It's the reason he has very rarely had a trade scoop. He has no idea what we are paying both boys.

What? You don't want to see what I look like?

I am shattered lol

Could Crows come to the GWS-Richmond party in terms of offering our Pick 6?
GWS have asked for 2 x 1st round picks for Taranto, and 1 x Top 10 Pick for Hopper. Both of those valuations seem pretty spot on.

After F/S bids, I anticipate Richmond's picks will turn into 12, 21 and 32 (i think? 3 x F/S in the top 30)

Crows could offer Pick 6 to Richmond for 12, 21 & 32 and you ontrade that to GWS.

Leaves GWS with Pick 4 and Pick 6 in this draft. That gets you Taranto OR Hopper.

Who gets pushed out at Richmond?

Could we do a 2023 1st round Pick Swap between Richmond and us where Richmond send us a few experienced players? Crows could certainly do with them.

If Richmond have our future 1st you'd imagine that would satisfy GWS for the other trade with Hopper or Taranto..

I’m pretty sure you can also not use all the money in the salary cap for a certain period to then bank it for subsequent years ahead and actually pay over the salary cap amount for a couple years without any issues. Not saying we have done that but I’m sure I’ve heard of other teams who have done it recently.

If only you had some way of not listening to it?

nuff nuff Tigers supporter - Lord of the Wings holding a mirror up again

GWS have asked for 2 x 1st round picks for Taranto, and 1 x Top 10 Pick for Hopper. Both of those valuations seem pretty spot on.

After F/S bids, I anticipate Richmond's picks will turn into 12, 21 and 32 (i think? 3 x F/S in the top 30)

Crows could offer Pick 6 to Richmond for 12, 21 & 32 and you ontrade that to GWS.

Leaves GWS with Pick 4 and Pick 6 in this draft. That gets you Taranto OR Hopper.

Could we do a 2023 1st round Pick Swap between Richmond and us where Richmond send us a few experienced players? Crows could certainly do with them.

If Richmond have our future 1st you'd imagine that would satisfy GWS for the other trade with Hopper or Taranto..

are you insane?

Why would be give you 12 21 and 32 for pick 6?

You blokes need pick 6 for Rankine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back