List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a dickhead. The only concern in the forward line is Jack aging. But which teams have 2 gun KPFs? Maybe Geelong but Porkins is no spring chicken. With Hopper and Taranto in the midfield Dusty and Bolton will spend more time forward. Then we have Cumberland, MRJ who are pups with lots of improvement to come. Barrett is a flog, it's probably one of the most dangerous forward lines in the comp if our midfield gives it the delivery.
Jack was on his own show this morning (cannot remember the name of it?) and pretty well said we were going to draft a young KPF, as he is keen to help develop them, along with 2-3 already on the list.

View attachment 1503350
This Salty Salty man just can’t help himself
He really is pure Geelong
And it’s soooooo sweeet
How could we possible squeeze any MORE talent into that forwards line ! Lol The Ferrett really outdoes himself this time lol

Could Crows come to the GWS-Richmond party in terms of offering our Pick 6?
GWS have asked for 2 x 1st round picks for Taranto, and 1 x Top 10 Pick for Hopper. Both of those valuations seem pretty spot on.

After F/S bids, I anticipate Richmond's picks will turn into 12, 21 and 32 (i think? 3 x F/S in the top 30)

Crows could offer Pick 6 to Richmond for 12, 21 & 32 and you ontrade that to GWS.

Leaves GWS with Pick 4 and Pick 6 in this draft. That gets you Taranto OR Hopper.

Who gets pushed out at Richmond?

Could we do a 2023 1st round Pick Swap between Richmond and us where Richmond send us a few experienced players? Crows could certainly do with them.

If Richmond have our future 1st you'd imagine that would satisfy GWS for the other trade with Hopper or Taranto..
Nick Young Wtf GIF

How’s the melting on SEN this morning? Since 2016 trade period we’ve brought in Lynch and Tarrant. That’s it. 2 players in 6 years.

We’ve intelligently traded out some players with currency to boost our draft position, enabling us to take 5 x top-30 picks last year and have trade capital for TT and Hopper.

And we have salary cap because last year we had a choice to offer Chol and CJ long-term deals on $450-500k, but decided to let them go. It’s pretty obvious why we did that now, isn’t it?

We also let an IN CONTRACT Higgins go to the Saints. Again, freeing up $400k/season.

So you can’t moan about equalisation when Richmond has made proactive decisions to let 2 x promising key position assets go and a first round draft pick to free up cash to bring players in.

And having a club, culture, management and coaching group players want to be involved
with is key.

It’s called running a good club with good list management - there’s no reason any other club can’t do the same.

Equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He threw the first punch I'm just giving one back and to be frank it is a shite pod. Its immature, amateur and not particularly informative.

I know he has done a lot of work on it buts its got a long way to go still. It comes across as a bunch of nuff nuff Tigers supporter's in a circle jerk.

1. Drop the zoom format and do it as a pure podcast. I don't need to see what T71 looks like
2. Have a maximum of 3 people including yourself each week.
3. Decide what the pod stands for and what its trying to achieve.
4. Get some special guests on.
5. Have a set agenda for the home and away that listeners can relate to.
Lol Lord of the Flies

Those that can, DO.

Those that can't, criticise those that DO, wet their pants and vomit all over their shoes.

No suprise there lol

Last edited:
Just wanted to double down on the young part

Should also be noted we have been in Tarantos ear for a number of years

I work with the father of one of his good friends (I’ve posted about it before) and we had been in discussions with him/ his management since as early as 2019

It's almost like we plan years ahead and have a detailed understanding of the exact players we need and their value to us, and then structure our wages, trades and drafting to a long term vision.

What a revolutionary thought

Could Crows come to the GWS-Richmond party in terms of offering our Pick 6?
GWS have asked for 2 x 1st round picks for Taranto, and 1 x Top 10 Pick for Hopper. Both of those valuations seem pretty spot on.

After F/S bids, I anticipate Richmond's picks will turn into 12, 21 and 32 (i think? 3 x F/S in the top 30)

Crows could offer Pick 6 to Richmond for 12, 21 & 32 and you ontrade that to GWS.

Leaves GWS with Pick 4 and Pick 6 in this draft. That gets you Taranto OR Hopper.

Who gets pushed out at Richmond?

Could we do a 2023 1st round Pick Swap between Richmond and us where Richmond send us a few experienced players? Crows could certainly do with them.

If Richmond have our future 1st you'd imagine that would satisfy GWS for the other trade with Hopper or Taranto..
You do understand what a salary dump is don't you ? They've cooked their books.

Thanks but no thanks. Pretty sure we have it covered.

If we had 12, 21, 25 (our own 2nd) and 32 then we could certainly send GC Pick 12 and 21 or 25.

Trading Pick 6 is certainly not a given. Anyway, just a thought!
I reckon they’ll want that pick 6 given the draft is pretty shallow and he’s an elite talent, taken at pick 3, coming off a breakout season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we had 12, 21, 25 (our own 2nd) and 32 then we could certainly send GC Pick 12 and 21 or 25.

Trading Pick 6 is certainly not a given. Anyway, just a thought!
I would think the suns have their eyes firmly on pick 6, bit like when we pried Prestia from them.

How self-serving of Richmond to give us a 3-peat.

Bad take.

We can thank Jack & Trent for the million dollars they’ve gifted us next year to pay these two.

Not self serving of RFC.

Self serving of Dimma and his support cast. It a career move not a club move. Like the baby boomers screwing over the millenials

Dimma has to win a premiership in the next two years because he has made winning premierships in 5 to ten years time that much harder for the club, youngsters and supporters

Last edited:
Can't believe some people in the footy world (and Richmond fans) reckon we're trading away the future.....we won't be dealing away any top 10 picks, just mid-late first rounders.

Here's our previous top 30 picks since 2010. Have left off 2021 draftees since they're still in the early stages.
Striking out Dow might be considered harsh but he's had opportunity and Sonsie and Ross have shown more imo.

2010 - Pick 6: Reece Conca
2010 - Pick 30:Jake Batchelor

2011 - Pick 15: Brandon Ellis
2011 - Pick 26: Todd Elton
2012 - Pick 9: Nick Vlastuin
2013 - Pick 12: Ben Lennon
2014 - Pick 12: Corey Ellis

2015 - Pick 15: Daniel Rioli
2016 - Pick 29: Shai Bolton
2017 - Pick 17: Jack Higgins
2017 - Pick 20: Callum Coleman-Jones

2017 - Pick 25: Noah Balta
2018 - Pick 20: Riley Collier-Dawkins
2019 - Pick 21: Thomson Dow

That's a 5/14 strike rate. If I included the 2008 draft I would have made you blokes spew up.

Trading for mature players in their peak delivered us flags... Lynch, Prestia, Caddy, Nank, Houli etc. This obviously does come with a bit of risk...but landing a 200+ game AA caliber player in the first round is hard work.

We hit the draft hard last year with 5 top 30 picks and they look good so far.
Good decision to now land some proven guns who can fill our biggest need.

How are Dow and RCD busts??

Are you saying our coaches cannot develop talent?

Neither Miller or Ryan are number 1 rucks at AFL level and Colina is barely VFL level but sure lets trade out Soldo and bring in a journeyman ruck to replace him.
So with you on this,

Soldo three years younger and coming into his prime with his best football ahead of him
Nank who will be 29 next season and with the physical toll he puts his body through may well have his best footy behind him

Though Miller may come along very quickly now that he is rucking every week trading Soldo and then Nank getting injured may well put an end to a premiership run next year, even with Taranto and Hopper

I reckon they’ll want that pick 6 given the draft is pretty shallow and he’s an elite talent, taken at pick 3, coming off a breakout season

What they/we want and what they/we get is pretty subjective. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I've said before that Prestia was far, FAR a more known quality by the time he was drafted, compared to Rankine, but anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back