List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would say an F but media will say an A Mcstay would have to be one of biggest spuds going around hill who ? Frampton who ? Mitchell well past it all list cloggers we got players that actually improves our team
They'll turn those 9 6pt wins into 60pt losses.

Hopefully not to what? You don’t want Stack on the list or don’t want to use the 2 picks?
I feel like we have given Stack enough chances to get himself to the level required.
I'd rather get a less talented kid in who is willing to be the professional footballer that we need them to be and who is going to give 100% more often than not.

Stack looked like he could have been anything, but unfortunately he hasn't demonstrated the want to get there.

Seems crazy to think that ages back T71 mentioned we were interested in Hopper/Taranto.

Never would have fathomed we had the capital and balls to trade BOTH of them in within one trade period. Can't believe it still.
There is clearly a general dislike of RFC amoung those in media circles. Probably more so that GEN have the monopoly on footy commentary with Trade Radio and their own station but once it became apparent what we were trying to do the whole commentary was 'i cant see how they get it done'. Then after listening to Blair and McCartney for us to get it done in reality with the ease that we did you dont hear boo out of the collective about how well weve done it.

We dont play games through the media, we just look after oursleves and our people and thats why few want to leave and many want to come in.

Its amazing to think back 10-15 years at what a rabble we were for a very long time.

Peggy, Brendan, Dimma, Cotch take a bow

No one forced the druggies to sign the big sook
d64daed6a01eba85dfeefaa4534d32da

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond trade in 2 gun midfielders in 1 x trade period and don’t lose any quality players …. all this despite not having a single pick inside 12… and they don’t ‘win’ the trade period 🤣🤣🤣. Geelong ‘won’ by getting 3 x players who spent time playing VFL this season. And in the process they lost their #16 draft pick from 2-years ago.

Don’t get me wrong, Geelong did very well. But if anyone can tell me in the history of the game when a club traded in 2 x players of TT and Hopper elite quality in 1 x off-season I’m all ears. Not sure it has ever happened …. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Richmond trade in 2 gun midfielders in 1 x trade period and don’t lose any quality players …. all this despite not having a single pick inside 12… and they don’t ‘win’ the trade period 🤣🤣🤣. Geelong ‘won’ by getting 3 x players who spent time playing VFL this season. And in the process they lost their #16 draft pick from 2-years ago.

Don’t get me wrong, Geelong did very well. But if anyone can tell me in the history of the game when a club traded in 2 x players of TT and Hopper elite quality in 1 x off-season I’m all ears. Not sure it has ever happened …. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
All without the ego and chest beating as well, Richmond and GWS did it all quietly without any bullshit

GWS did due diligence in trying to get a player through, Richmond happily helped both Soldo and Graham explore potential options for both individuals and the clubs overall and deals were reached with minimum fuss and both clubs getting something positive out of the exchange

I'd rather get a less talented kid in who is willing to be the professional footballer that we need them to be and who is going to give 100% more often than not.

Stack looked like he could have been anything, but unfortunately he hasn't demonstrated the want to get there.

I don’t know how he trained last season or how he presented himself but what I saw in every ressie game he played he had a real crack. Didn’t get the stats but put his body in every game.
Have a feeling he’s gone though.

they effectively traded 18, 38, 48, 55, F2, F3, F4 and former pick 16 Cooper Stevens for pick 7, Bruhn, Bowes and Henry
Broke even at best I'd say, unless Bowes is somehow another of Gaz Senior's long lost sons.

Who do the cats have that has them ahead of us?
You know they have the oldest best 22 in the comp?
I mean De Koning will be a star but we have Balta.
Who else do they have that makes you say they are ahead?
We have Gibcus. He appears to be well ahead of where 3rd year player De Koning was in his first year in 2020, so no reason to believe he won't continue at a higher trajectory.

There is clearly a general dislike of RFC amoung those in media circles. Probably more so that GEN have the monopoly on footy commentary with Trade Radio and their own station but once it became apparent what we were trying to do the whole commentary was 'i cant see how they get it done'. Then after listening to Blair and McCartney for us to get it done in reality with the ease that we did you dont hear boo out of the collective about how well weve done it.

We dont play games through the media, we just look after oursleves and our people and thats why few want to leave and many want to come in.

Its amazing to think back 10-15 years at what a rabble we were for a very long time.

Peggy, Brendan, Dimma, Cotch take a bow
Haha, don't stop at the media - there's a general dislike amongst the whole footy community for all things Richmond.

And why wouldn't there be? It must be sickening for them to see Richmond's renaissance over the last decade, after previously having so many reasons to pity and laugh at us. We've evolved into a true powerhouse, with an unprecedented combination of on-field and off-field success.

To be fair, we've got what us longstanding Tiger fans have always wanted - to be hated again.

But don't confuse hatred with disrespect. Make no mistake about it, underneath it all they envy what we've got and have done, and probably even secretly admire us, but that will never be acknowledged on a website like this or at the water cooler.

Nobody really hates a loser. Losers get patronised and condescended against and pitied, but they don't get that real hatred.

Soak it up campaigners, it's glorious. 😁

I don’t know how he trained last season or how he presented himself but what I saw in every ressie game he played he had a real crack. Didn’t get the stats but put his body in every game.
Have a feeling he’s gone though.
Don’t think the question has ever been about on field or even group training, it’s the off season and off field that he seems to struggle with making good decisions around

I feel like we have given Stack enough chances to get himself to the level required.

Was an immature kid from a troubled background. Was always going to take time to adjust to being a professional footballer. Showed strong signs of maturing this past season and well worth another year imo.

Hipwood is a local, but I could see Himmelberg being a chance if we were interested given he's now got two ex team mates to tell him how great Tigerland is ;)
Do we need a key forward replacement for JR8 straight away? , maybe a smaller line up might be a good way to go, still plenty of marking targets in Soldo, Miller, Lynch, Cumberland and Martin
Sitting down and looking at both lists in the cold hard light of day I agree that my somewhat biased view is that our list looks to have more upside than the Cats but they are refreshing very well and their recent team building history tells me they will continue to prove the doubters wrong and be a major threat going forward. I believe premierships in the next few years will be much more difficult to obtain with the likes of Brisbane, Sydney, Port and Gold Coast all looking the goods going forward
Gold Coast? LOL what a beautiful troll

Was an immature kid from a troubled background. Was always going to take time to adjust to being a professional footballer. Showed strong signs of maturing this past season and well worth another year imo.
I get both sides, and almost wouldn’t be shocked either way

Could be worth another punt to see if it all has clicked but he is also 22 now and been in the system for a number of years and if the troubles around the 2020 off season didn’t lead to any meaningful change what difference will another year do

Getting a spot on the main list now means he’s stopping us from picking up another kid who may work his ass off for it or mean parting ways with someone who is potentially less talented but does the extras

Really difficult one to call

FA is basically stealing. Wasn't Lynch their captain and key forward. At the time he was their most important player I rekon.
Easily. Ablett was well past his best by then and Miller was nowhere near the player he is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back