List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Kilda made a late move for Jack Graham but he wasn't interested in going there.

- Barrett
Who would choose to share a locker room with Higgins??

Blah Blah Blah Monday GIF by tot Ou tard

The bloke on here on Fox Footy reckons Geelong are paying Bowes $400k x 4 years, and Bowes wants this because “midfield minutes” and “keeps him in the system longer.”

Either this report is not true and Bowes is getting more than this in his 4 year deal at Geelong,

OR

the AFL should never have allowed this deal, and it stinks of salary cap rorting and the AFLPA should be jumping up and down about it.

The bloke on here on Fox Footy reckons Geelong are paying Bowes $400k x 4 years, and Bowes wants this because “midfield minutes” and “keeps him in the system longer.”

Either this report is not true and Bowes is getting more than this in his 4 year deal at Geelong,

OR

the AFL should never have allowed this deal, and it stinks of salary cap rorting and the AFLPA should be jumping up and down about it.

Don’t agree with that. If Bowes is happy to do it then that’s his choice. Seems a stupid choice all things being equal.

Having said that I can’t see him being good enough to have Geelong play him in the middle.

Don’t agree with that. If Bowes is happy to do it then that’s his choice. Seems a stupid choice all things being equal.

Having said that I can’t see him being good enough to have Geelong play him in the middle.

I simly don’t believe a player would make that choice without further inducement. It doesn’t make any sense.

Broke even at best I'd say, unless Bowes is somehow another of Gaz Senior's long lost sons.

We have Gibcus. He appears to be well ahead of where 3rd year player De Koning was in his first year in 2020, so no reason to believe he won't continue at a higher trajectory.

Haha, don't stop at the media - there's a general dislike amongst the whole footy community for all things Richmond.

And why wouldn't there be? It must be sickening for them to see Richmond's renaissance over the last decade, after previously having so many reasons to pity and laugh at us. We've evolved into a true powerhouse, with an unprecedented combination of on-field and off-field success.

To be fair, we've got what us longstanding Tiger fans have always wanted - to be hated again.

But don't confuse hatred with disrespect. Make no mistake about it, underneath it all they envy what we've got and have done, and probably even secretly admire us, but that will never be acknowledged on a website like this or at the water cooler.

Nobody really hates a loser. Losers get patronised and condescended against and pitied, but they don't get that real hatred.

Soak it up campaigners, it's glorious. 😁
Well said Ghost.
Great to be hated again.
Just a pity unlike back in the day respect is hard too find despite our success both on & off field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OR

Isn’t Dangerfield the AFLPA President?

Our trade period was beyond outstanding. People say 'we traded fully out of 2 drafts for it', but did we really?

We took 5 picks in the top 30 last year. 2 haven't even played yet, so we've essentially got pick #17 and a pick #29 this year already. So essentially 1 st rounder a bit lower and a 2nd rounder a bit higher than we actually would've with our standard picks. In my eyes we've still got a full draft this year.

Next year we traded out a first rounder, but thats. We've still got a second rounder.

So really you could look at it as we traded in Taranto and Hopper for our first rounder next year.
Not too mention not all 1st rnd picks make it.
Whereas TT & Hop we know what they bring to the table.

OR

Cats will send him back too the suns with pick 77 attached

I kind of agree with you and normally would say delist his ass but this year if he comes back in good shape by the last list lodgement i would give him another year same with RCD.

We will be scraping the bottom of the barrell in the draft and wont get a talent as good as stack/RCD at that range and these 2 have now been at the club 4 years and would offer more as depth than a very speculative pick/kid

We are going all in this year and would hate to be derailed due to an injury to a player like Castagna ;)
I'm the same I was pretty gung-ho about ****ing him off but people may be right, maybe he just needed time to work through his shit and grow up a bit. He was definitely putting in at VFL level this year and it was probably only his fitness keeping him out of the team at times. When he wasn't gassed in the ressies he was very good. It's probably worth the risk keeping him on just in case.
RCD just isn't very good. It's plain as day. Depth at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back